Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 05:35 PM

681 posts, read 618,090 times

Advertisements

So I was talking to this girl on facebook that I am kinda attracted to, we have never met in person and she hasn't seen me yet but I am pretty sure we met in person long time ago. Well we were having a good conversation and I finally got her number. Here is the issue and I know this might sound weird, but when the conversation is on the phone, it flows, the girl can see my personality, I can make her laugh. etc., but I am figuring it would be better if I text her first so she will know who I am and that's where it goes awry.

I figured I could send a message saying "hi, my name is so and so" but the problem is text messages to me seem awkward and it doesn't really convey who I am and my personality. In fact, for all I know she just sees words and not a person which is a problem for me. So how do I go about getting around this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 05:37 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,509 times
How about dialing her number and saying "Hi <her name>, it's <your name>. You were kind enough to give me your number, so I thought I would use it so you could have mine too. Would you be interested in going out sometime?"

Old 12-04-2012, 05:38 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
If you've already been "talking to her on FB," isn't that about the same thing??

You were writing, not speaking, correct?

So what was your plan in getting her number?

Don't text. Just call her, if it shows your personality better, and make plans.

And do you not have a photo on FB?

Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
How about you call her, re-introduce your name, make sure she remembers where you and her met, and start talking about stuff.

Eventually ask her out on a date.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
I'm not sure I get the whole picture here: you haven't talked to her on the phone, you've only "chatted" with her on fb? So can't you text her and say, "Hi, I'm _______ from your fb page, you gave me ur number. Coffee sometime?" Or like others suggested, you could call her, since phoning is your strong point.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:49 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,026 times
The end goal should be to meet her in person, the means by which you do that is the only thing that should be in question. Text vs call won't affect that...

Old 12-04-2012, 05:50 PM

681 posts, read 618,090 times
Yes, I don't have a pic of me on facebook for personal reasons, I just wanted to make sure that it would be ok for me to call her and not seem like a wierdo. The thing is that if I call her, she hasn't seen me yet and i want to get that out of the way, but I don't want to just text because i think I do better conversing. I just want to make sure that I don't come off as creepy by just calling and after like 15 mins, asking if she wants coffee. I don't want to stay on the phone too long with her though.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:52 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,504 times
Don't remind the girl where you met. It should be implied and will sound lame of u do.

Stop thinking about it so much. Anything will work. Make sure to get her to hang out asap.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
Yes, I don't have a pic of me on facebook for personal reasons, I just wanted to make sure that it would be ok for me to call her and not seem like a wierdo. The thing is that if I call her, she hasn't seen me yet and i want to get that out of the way, but I don't want to just text because i think I do better conversing. I just want to make sure that I don't come off as creepy by just calling and after like 15 mins, asking if she wants coffee. I don't want to stay on the phone too long with her though.
Very weird and shady.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
Why would it be weird to call a girl who GAVE YOU HER NUMBER!

Do you think she gave it to you simply so you could look at it and go "Oh Wow! I actually got a girl's number!" or do you think she gave it to you so you could make use of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships