Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Nope I got the point 'guys just want a girl who has a job' which supports my post of how guys don't want to be a sole earner and want a gal with a job who earns.
How many women who had a child with a man would expect the man to have a job to support the family or at least help contribute to bills?

How many men who had a child with a woman would expect the woman to have a job to support the family or at least help contribute to bills?

Men are more likely to allow the woman to stay at home and take care of kids without having a job, as women are more likely to expect that a man has a job and goes to work instead of staying home to take care of the child as she makes the money. This is just a fact. So Women are more concerned with the amount of money a man makes as men are less concerned about the amount of money a woman makes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
How many women who had a child with a man would expect the man to have a job to support the family or at least help contribute to bills?

How many men who had a child with a woman would expect the woman to have a job to support the family or at least help contribute to bills?

Men are more likely to allow the woman to stay at home and take care of kids without having a job, as women are more likely to expect that a man has a job and goes to work instead of staying home to take care of the child as she makes the money. This is just a fact. So Women are more concerned with the amount of money a man makes as men are less concerned about the amount of money a woman makes.
All that irrelevant to my post on how guys are interested in a partner with money as guys don't want to be a sole earner and want a gal with a job who earns.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
All that irrelevant to my post on how guys are interested in a partner with money as guys don't want to be a sole earner and want a gal with a job who earns.
It's not irrelevant because in lots of cases women aren't expected to have a job as in the case where a man is rich and doesn't care because he can support both parties or in the case when they have a child together and the man has no problem with having the woman stay at home without working to watch the kid. If it's the other way around, a woman usually wouldn't allow a man or want a man that doesn't have any income coming in and on top of that most women expect a certain amount of income or else the guy is considered a bum even though he has a low paying job.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
It's not irrelevant because in lots of cases women aren't expected to have a job as in the case where a man is rich and doesn't care because he can support both parties or in the case when they have a child together and the man has no problem with having the woman stay at home without working to watch the kid. If it's the other way around, a woman usually wouldn't allow a man or want a man that doesn't have any income coming in and on top of that most women expect a certain amount of income or else the guy is considered a bum even though he has a low paying job.
It is irrelevant as my post was on how guys are interested in a partner with money as guys don't want to be a sole earner and want a gal with a job who earns.

None of what you posted counters that or relevant to that.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
It is irrelevant as my post was on how guys are interested in a partner with money as guys don't want to be a sole earner and want a gal with a job who earns.

None of what you posted counters that or relevant to that.
There 'are' guys who do not care if a girl earns an income, but it is a miracle to find a woman who would give a man the time of day if he didn't earn an income and even if he did have an income women will still judge a man if that income is not up to the woman's standards and that doesn't happen with men when we are thinking of the ideal mate for us. Men put character, looks, and personality ahead of stability while women seem to be the opposite. This is the truth and you can see it on these forums when a guy talks about having a low wage job. The women on here by majority judge the men with low wage jobs saying that they aren't trying hard enough in life or don't have a future ahead of them as if they can judge the future/life of a city-data poster based off of a few posts. A lot of people are out of touch with reality on here and try to spread feminist propoganda just to win an argument when we all know the real world doesn't work that way.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
There 'are' guys who do not care if a girl earns an income, but it is a miracle to find a woman who would give a man the time of day if he didn't earn an income and even if he did have an income women will still judge a man if that income is not up to the woman's standards and that doesn't happen with men when we are thinking of the ideal mate for us. Men put character, looks, and personality ahead of stability while women seem to be the opposite. This is the truth and you can see it on these forums when a guy talks about having a low wage job. The women on here by majority judge the men with low wage jobs saying that they aren't trying hard enough in life or don't have a future ahead of them as if they can judge the future/life of a city-data poster based off of a few posts. A lot of people are out of touch with reality on here and try to spread feminist propoganda just to win an argument when we all know the real world doesn't work that way.
Those guys are likely the minority considering only 8% of households are male single earners.

Again what you've posted is irrelevant and doesn't go against my post on how guys are interested in a partner with money as guys don't want to be a sole earner and want a gal with a job who earns.

Seems more like you have some vendetta against gals judging guys with low wage jobs as it's not out of touch with reality nor feminist propaganda to state guys want a partner with money as they don't want to be the sole earner nd want a gal with a job.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Those guys are likely the minority considering only 8% of households are male single earners.

Again what you've posted is irrelevant and doesn't go against my post on how guys are interested in a partner with money as guys don't want to be a sole earner and want a gal with a job who earns.

Seems more like you have some vendetta against gals judging guys with low wage jobs as it's not out of touch with reality nor feminist propaganda to state guys want a partner with money as they don't want to be the sole earner nd want a gal with a job.

Ok, I get your point, but I do not have a vendetta against gals judging guys with low wage jobs, but I do have a problem when they do that all the time, but none of them want to admit it after someone like me who makes low wages calls them out on it, even after they just posted comments on here about how they do this to guys. I have a problem with people not admitting things that they are, and in this case they are all about the money.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Ok, I get your point, but I do not have a vendetta against gals judging guys with low wage jobs, but I do have a problem when they do that all the time, but none of them want to admit it after someone like me who makes low wages calls them out on it, even after they just posted comments on here about how they do this to guys. I have a problem with people not admitting things that they are, and in this case they are all about the money.
I'm dubious that you don't have a vendetta considering you consistently and repeatedly bring it up when it's irrelevant to my post. Perhaps it's better suited to post your problem with the whole low wage to those people not admitting things that they are rather than a person who posted absolutely nothing about it.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I'm dubious that you don't have a vendetta considering you consistently and repeatedly bring it up when it's irrelevant to my post. Perhaps it's better suited to post your problem with the whole low wage to those people not admitting things that they are rather than a person who posted absolutely nothing about it.
You are saying that all men expect a woman to have an income before they consider being in a serious relationship with a woman, and this is just not true as I explained with a previous post about what men's standards are more likely to be compared to women's standards, so when I say that women who look down on low-wage earners when considering a mate for a serious relationship are of an opposite mindset than men it does relate to what you are saying because women in lots of cases 'ARE NOT' expected to have a job as they stay at home to take care of children as a man "IS" expected to have a job when the couple has children. There are minimal cases where the male is the stay at home dad, as the norm is when the woman is a stay at home mother and everyone knows this is how reality is.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
How many times have you heard a woman who has a child with a man complain that the man doesn't have a job or that he doesn't make enough money as she sits there without a job raising kids? How many times does the man complain, when it is the other way around? This proves that what you are saying about guys never wanting to be the sole provider, is not the truth in the real world.

I know lots of guys who make the money and don't make a woman's income a factor in whether or not he stays with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships