Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 12:09 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
After 3 great dates that I treated her to that weren't exactly cheap, she said she'd like to return the favor with a nice date at her apartment and she'll cook me dinner. Is this just a nice date idea or is she inviting me to spend the night? I live within walking distance of her place. I figured I'd grab a bottle of wine and maybe some small flowers or something and bring them over. I've never had a woman cook for me before as a date. Things are going well, we talk a lot and she makes me laugh, sometimes she seems a little critical but then claims to be joking afterwards. I like her, she's definitely marriage material (from what I know so far) but I still feel like I need to take it slow and make sure I pay attention to red flags. I need to know if she's a girl that just jumps from guy to guy like my last gf who broke my heart. She seems into me, and that's great, but I don't want to be just a guy that she moves really fast with early on and then it flames out and she chalks it up to "chemistry not there anymore". I feel like it's really easy to get in that situation and I'm not looking to go through that again. I'm trying to be open minded and go with the flow of something great developing, but I really really want to play it safe too.
there's no point inviting a man over even for dinner they think everything is an invitation for sex. I mean, my God, only knew this woman for 3 dates....

Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

I would just kiss and hug and not go further. Maybe cuddle on the couch.
No hard feelings, I hope.

I agree with the above.

Hope it goes great!

Old 12-05-2012, 02:13 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,543,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Grats cdubs, glad to see you hitting it off. Be outcome independent, she invited you for dinner so go for dinner. If she wants you to stay the night, she'll make it obvious, if not no big deal. Ju st keep pushing the interraction forward at whatever pace you are comfortable. And dont look for red flags, if you really look long enough, you will find what youre looking for. Also this marriage material talk, maybe just a little premature, dont you think?
I agree. Play it by ear and don't force anything. Go as far as she wants, as long as it isn't further than you want to go at this point.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:36 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
First off, don't get her flowers at all. Bad move.

Next, you have to make a move on her. Stop putting her on a pedestal. Go as far as you can with her and make her say no. If she wants sex, she will have it with you if you make a move. If you don't make a move, she will think there is something wrong with you.

Final advice, Don't put her on a pedestal!

Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Curious as to why you think this is a bad move? As a woman, I love having fresh flowers around the house and would find this gesture to be very thoughtful.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post

Next, you have to make a move on her. Stop putting her on a pedestal. Go as far as you can with her and make her say no. If she wants sex, she will have it with you if you make a move. If you don't make a move, she will think there is something wrong with you.

Final advice, Don't put her on a pedestal!

Old 12-05-2012, 02:49 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
After 3 great dates that I treated her to that weren't exactly cheap, she said she'd like to return the favor with a nice date at her apartment and she'll cook me dinner. Is this just a nice date idea or is she inviting me to spend the night? I live within walking distance of her place. I figured I'd grab a bottle of wine and maybe some small flowers or something and bring them over. I've never had a woman cook for me before as a date. Things are going well, we talk a lot and she makes me laugh, sometimes she seems a little critical but then claims to be joking afterwards. I like her, she's definitely marriage material (from what I know so far) but I still feel like I need to take it slow and make sure I pay attention to red flags. I need to know if she's a girl that just jumps from guy to guy like my last gf who broke my heart. She seems into me, and that's great, but I don't want to be just a guy that she moves really fast with early on and then it flames out and she chalks it up to "chemistry not there anymore". I feel like it's really easy to get in that situation and I'm not looking to go through that again. I'm trying to be open minded and go with the flow of something great developing, but I really really want to play it safe too.
Oh, good grief! A woman offers to reciprocate your generosity, and you're assuming she's "paying" you with sex? Why would you assume that? She's not a hooker. Dinner means dinner. It's a little scary to know that men think this way.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:50 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Stop overthinking it. Go there and give her a night she will remember and above all have fun (regardless of sex/making out or not).

Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,779 times
Quote:
Dude that's all I had to read....you're getting some fo sho. What a playah.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 PM

245 posts, read 385,991 times
I would take the advice of women here, given that you want to know her perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships