Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 02:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You find me saying that I strike out with women, just like any other guy, arrogant? Interesting. I may have lost plenty, but I also have more than enough, and the best part.....drum roll.....Its all easily replacable, if you know what youre doing.
Do you tell that to your girlfriend? That she can be easily replaced?

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I wasn't speaking in reference to what I would do now - I was speaking in reference to what I would do when I was 21 years old. I'm happily married with a child - so of course I wouldn't go home with someone now! Even when I was young - the closest I ever got was leaving a couple of parties with someone. This was after spending at least a little bit of time with them and knowing that they were a friend of a friend - and not a complete stranger. And even then we just fooled around - I never slept with someone I didn't know. I had my fun - and there were perhaps a few guys that I never got to know very well - but the majority of the guys I dated were all really great people - and not some sleaze ball expecting me to go home and have sex with him within a few minutes of talking to me.
Dew, the dating game is nothing like what it was when you were 21, thus making your ramblings about what you would do when you were that age, completely irrelevant to our conversation. Thanks for trying though.

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Well, just like any other poster on here, Im only sharing my perspective. If we all bvelieved the same things, there would be nothing to discuss and life would be ultimately boring. However, there is only ONE TRUTH and it is not subjective in the least.
Totally off-topic tangent but...

Since there is only one truth, shouldn't we all agree on it? Or do some people have to be wrong just to make things interesting?

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
To be fair, you as long as you've been here have time and time again have used your personal stories to reflect the world. Your NO DIFFERENT, except for the fact you believe your right and he's wrong(which is your right to do so)
My frequent refrain tends to be that the human experience is diverse, and there are all kinds of people out there. I don't say that everyone fits one template, unlike some of the men here. If there were no diversity, everyone would be into the frat/sorority scene in college, OR everyone would be geeks. But that's not the case, is it? I'm surprised some people view this as an arguable point.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:15 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,373 times
Quote:
Ok, even if it were true, which it isnt, then you couldnt really blame me for it, could you? Just like any other man on this earth, I just need her to be beautiful and arent affraid to say so. You have no idea how many young women, want exactly that and how they avoid being treated politely and guys who tryu, like a damn plague. Ask the nice guys, theyll tell you.
Most of the nice guys I know aren't avoided and treated like the plague.

Most of the self-proclaimed nice guys I know are avoided and treated like the plague and it doesn't have anything to do with him being 'nice' or treating gals politely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Do you tell that to your girlfriend? That she can be easily replaced?
Nope, but I think she knows it. Its the only way for a man to be happy in any relationship, ability to walk away from it at a drop of a dime. Sad, isnt it?

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Well, just like any other poster on here, Im only sharing my perspective. If we all bvelieved the same things, there would be nothing to discuss and life would be ultimately boring. However, there is only ONE TRUTH and it is not subjective in the least. You must spend time and effort seeking it, if you really want to find it. So unless you have spent as much of time and effort seeking it as I have, I will feel entitled to announcing it all the same, because in reality Im closer to it, than you are.

Lemon's over the top eye roll - 30 Rock - YouTube

Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Dew, the dating game is nothing like what it was when you were 21, thus making your ramblings about what you would do when you were that age, completely irrelevant to our conversation. Thanks for trying though.
Hmmm... seems like I hit a nerve...

You do realize that I'm not in my 50's - right?

Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Most of the nice guys I know aren't avoided and treated like the plague.

Most of the self-proclaimed nice guys I know are avoided and treated like the plague and it doesn't have anything to do with him being 'nice' or treating gals politely.
You must live on a different planet with Ruth, because nice guys in todays dating world are completely ignored and never given a chance.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Nope, but I think she knows it. Its the only way for a man to be happy in any relationship, ability to walk away from it at a drop of a dime. Sad, isnt it?
It's sad that YOU think so. I hope one day you find someone that makes you realize that you were wrong. Love can be a truly wonderful thing when you experience it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships