Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 04:06 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Its a problem if you are trying to date that person. That's a sign of impulsiveness and lack of discipline which are not good traits in a mate.
Whether or not it is "a sign of impulsiveness and lack of discipline" is dependent on the amount of money the person is able to spend until it has a detrimental affect on their financial security.

If someone earns 20k a week and outgoings are 5k then spending 3k on whatever they fancy is surely not an issue. It is just a matter of semantics and governing of personal finances.

As for being "good traits in a mate", if your looking to breed then their financial state is of no consequence, just the ability to conceive and successfully give birth to a live and healthy offspring.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I say this at the risk of offending some people here, but I guess I've always associated Coach with Middle American women trying to look like they have money. The types who think it's a high end brand when it's actually pretty mid-scale.

I really don't care if a woman's bag is from Hermes or Walmart, but Coach...

If she buys the bag because she genuinely likes it, then that's one thing, but that's likely not the case if she has the one with "C"s all over it.
Yes to all of this....and the same with Dooney & Bourke.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:45 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I say this at the risk of offending some people here, but I guess I've always associated Coach with Middle American women trying to look like they have money. The types who think it's a high end brand when it's actually pretty mid-scale.

I really don't care if a woman's bag is from Hermes or Walmart, but Coach...

If she buys the bag because she genuinely likes it, then that's one thing, but that's likely not the case if she has the one with "C"s all over it.
Gotcha. I have a few coach bags but you wouldn't know they were coach unless you opened it up and looked for the tag. There is nothing identifying it as such. I DO buy them because they are good, leather bags and hold up well compared to other brands I've gotten in dept stores. I only buy them on sale/clearance as well and only if I love the bag. I think it's a decent, inexpensive brand.

I will NEVER buy a purse with initials or someone elses name plastered on the outside. I don't care to be a walking advertisement.

Oh. and not offended since your only experience with Coach seems to be their signature line.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:14 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
I think the fact that you are asking that question means you are far to concerned with your purse. I can say that and I love purses, but, I don't go so far as to actually wonder what other people think about them...that doesn't even make sense???

Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
men go out and buy their little gadgets, tools and toys. so what's the big deal? As long as his cheap butt isn't expected to pay for it, should all be gravy.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM

290 posts, read 567,900 times
Actually, the guys I've dated recognize the purses I carry and jeans I wear and have complimented me for having a good fashion taste.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:57 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
Actually, the guys I've dated recognize the purses I carry and jeans I wear and have complimented me for having a good fashion taste.
They just want sex.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I think the fact that you are asking that question means you are far to concerned with your purse. I can say that and I love purses, but, I don't go so far as to actually wonder what other people think about them...that doesn't even make sense???
I have to second this. I don't know, I just don't give a shyt what people think of my taste in clothing, purses and cars. I bought it for ME because I like it, it's the only opinion that matters.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:23 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times
I had an ex who was obsessed with Coach purses and from a guys POV its dumb but I'm sure girls think cars or w.e are dumb.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
I did a post about girls driving expensive cars. What about girls carrying expensive purses ($500-$2000/purse) What do you think about it?

I'm a girl who has an expensive taste. I have a collection of expensive purses ( LV, Gucci, Burberry, Coach, Dooney). I have tons of them like over 30. I have an expensive taste when it comes to clothing and shoes too.I have over 30 pairs of shoes. I wear designer expensive jeans. I get compliments alot for being fashionable and having a good taste. I think a nice outfit is not complete without a high quality expensive purse. I work hard and it's my way of rewarding myself.

Guys, would you date someone who is into high quality expensive stuff? When you see a girl carrying an expensive purse, what do you think about her?

I'm cool with a woman spending her own money on whatever she wants as long as she's paid all the bills and stuff first. I don't buy toys unless I'm all paid up.

So, basically, as long as bills are paid she can buy whatever she wants... As long as I can do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships