Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 11:57 AM

708 posts, read 878,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I doubt they think anything other than "Why is she carrying that ugly bag with letters all over it?"

I kid. Sort of.
lol

Old 12-06-2012, 12:02 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,542,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Don't even get me started on the shoe collection. Here's a hint: WE DON'T CARE. Wear a shoe that looks decent and is comfortable. Beyond that, the mark up is directly proportional to how screwed up we think your priorities are.
I slightly disagree. Wear shoes that accentuate the look you want (comfort is your option). What we don't care about is the cost. I'd guess a $50-150 pair of shoes can do as good or better job than a $1,000+ pair.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Don't even get me started on the shoe collection. Here's a hint: WE DON'T CARE. Wear a shoe that looks decent and is comfortable. Beyond that, the mark up is directly proportional to how screwed up we think your priorities are.

To each her own though. You should spend your money however you want, but just realize that if you're buying the expensive bags specifically for male attention then it's really not going to make a significant difference.
If it's for male attention, sure, but plenty of women buy clothes and shoes and handbags because they like them (and they can afford them.) Saying they shouldn't because men don't care is akin to saying that men shouldn't bother buying a big TV or a new video game system because women certainly don't care about those, either.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:05 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If it's for male attention, sure, but plenty of women buy clothes and shoes and handbags because they like them (and they can afford them.) Saying they shouldn't because men don't care is akin to saying that men shouldn't bother buying a big TV or a new video game system because women certainly don't care about those, either.
Thatys why he said "if youre buying them for mens attention". Hello?

Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
I did a post about girls driving expensive cars. What about girls carrying expensive purses ($500-$2000/purse) What do you think about it?

I'm a girl who has an expensive taste. I have a collection of expensive purses ( LV, Gucci, Burberry, Coach, Dooney). I have tons of them like over 30. I have an expensive taste when it comes to clothing and shoes too.I have over 30 pairs of shoes. I wear designer expensive jeans. I get compliments alot for being fashionable and having a good taste. I think a nice outfit is not complete without a high quality expensive purse. I work hard and it's my way of rewarding myself.

Guys, would you date someone who is into high quality expensive stuff? When you see a girl carrying an expensive purse, what do you think about her?
Nice eyes, nice smile.

Not looking to date your purse, unless of course you are volunteering to pay for my dinner.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'm into handbags, but I wouldn't be able to differentiate a fake from a real either, especially from afar.
Have I got a special for you! Broadway special - fell right outta da truck. Too dawa! Too dawa!!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:15 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Thatys why he said "if youre buying them for mens attention". Hello?
Which is why I qualified my post with, "If it's just for male attention, sure." I generally don't care if men don't like purses if I like them for myself. Got it?

Old 12-06-2012, 12:15 PM

290 posts, read 567,753 times
I'm not buying them for male attention. I buy them because I like them. Actually, a male friend introduced me to high-end designer stuff. He has a gf who is in a fashion industry. Since then, I just keep upgrading. I buy more and more expensive stuff. I don't think I would ever downgrade to using something cheap ( just being honest). Once you start using expensive items, you stick to it or you upgrade to something more expensive.

I don't consider myself high maintenance. I don't get my nails done regularly. I wear very little make-up. I just appreciate nice high quality items which I pay for myself with my earnings. I work hard. I save. I have a retirement account. I have real estate properties. I deserve to get things that I want.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
The majority of men wouldn't know an expensive bag if they were hit with it.
This ^^. What guys notice is that a woman is well-dressed.

Just read your last post. OK, so you're taken care of in the investment/retirement dept. idk, I was going to say that some guys would be concerned about money management issues cropping up if resources were pooled, as is the case in marriage. But it sounds like you have your money management situation taken care of. I can only wonder, though, if this "upgrading" hasn't become a little addictive. I know how easy it is to fall into that. But it seems like you have your bases covered, otherwise.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:21 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
The majority of men wouldn't know an expensive bag if they were hit with it.
That's true, too. (in my case)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships