Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,007,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
I'm not buying them for male attention. I buy them because I like them. Actually, a male friend introduced me to high-end designer stuff. He has a gf who is in a fashion industry. Since then, I just keep upgrading. I buy more and more expensive stuff. I don't think I would ever downgrade to using something cheap ( just being honest). Once you start using expensive items, you stick to it or you upgrade to something more expensive.

I don't consider myself high maintenance. I don't get my nails done regularly. I wear very little make-up. I just appreciate nice high quality items which I pay for myself with my earnings. I work hard. I save. I have a retirement account. I have real estate properties. I deserve to get things that I want.
Then go for it. Seems like you are looking for approval here, don't know why? Your money, your time - use it how you wish.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:29 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Quote:
I don't consider myself high maintenance. I don't get my nails done regularly. I wear very little make-up. I just appreciate nice high quality items which I pay for myself with my earnings. I work hard. I save. I have a retirement account. I have real estate properties. I deserve to get things that I want.
You should spend your money how you wish, as should anyone, but a $2000 price tag on ANY fashion item has little to do with its quality. Just sayin'.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:36 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
You should spend your money how you wish, as should anyone, but a $2000 price tag on ANY fashion item has little to do with its quality. Just sayin'.
I was thinking the same thing. Unless that $2000 purse is made out of platinum and diamonds, the quality isnt really much different than that of a $20 purse. Its simply the brand that you are paying for. I wonder how much of it is about status for women, as some tend to be obsessed with it.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:37 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
It all depends...

How does she pay for it? Is it on credit?

Does she put aside any savings?

Does she save for retirement?

Is she carrying a bunch of debt?

I have a friend like this, she has alot of designer purses she paid cash for. Her car and college is all paid off and she has near six figures in savings. More power to her!!

If someone is putting it all on Credit Cards and saving nothing, then I would take issue. Or if a lady wanted sugar daddies to buy it all.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:37 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
In general, women's obsessions are a lot cheaper than men's. I'll trade a purse for a Corvette any day.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:38 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
I'm not buying them for male attention. I buy them because I like them. Actually, a male friend introduced me to high-end designer stuff. He has a gf who is in a fashion industry. Since then, I just keep upgrading. I buy more and more expensive stuff. I don't think I would ever downgrade to using something cheap ( just being honest). Once you start using expensive items, you stick to it or you upgrade to something more expensive.

Actually a lot of people (including those in the fashion industry) are smart enough to do the "High/Low" mix. Mixing high end items with quality lower end items. One can spend A LOT of money and still look very cheap. And someone else can look very "rich" with lower end items mixed with one or two statement pieces. There really is nothing tackier than someone who is a complete label "heaux"

Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
In general, women's obsessions are a lot cheaper than men's. I'll trade a purse for a Corvette any day.
Last guy I saw driving a corvette, his entire wardrobe inlcuding the hat was in exact color of the car. Classy.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:40 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
It all depends...

How does she pay for it? Is it on credit?

Does she put aside any savings?

Does she save for retirement?

Is she carrying a bunch of debt?

I have a friend like this, she has alot of designer purses she paid cash for. Her car and college is all paid off and she has near six figures in savings. More power to her!!

If someone is putting it all on Credit Cards and saving nothing, then I would take issue. Or if a lady wanted sugar daddies to buy it all.
She already answered most of these questions. Read her post on the previous page.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:43 PM

290 posts, read 567,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This ^^. What guys notice is that a woman is well-dressed.
But OP, even though I'm a fan of some of those brands, I can't help but wonder if your buying is a little out of control. If I were a guy and I saw all those purses and shoes in your closet, I'd be concerned about money management issues cropping up if resources were pooled, as in marriage. Do you have an investment account? Think of all the money that could be going toward your retirement, home health care or nursing home care when you're 90 (an obscene amount of money is required), medical emergencies, etc. It's your life, but if I were a guy, unless I were among the 1% and made tens of millions+ annually, the excess might be a red flag.
Ya I guess I'm spending too much on items I don't really need. I have about 50 pairs of branded jeans like seven, citizens, rock and republic, true religion etc. Theyre like $200 a pair. I like designer items. I can't see myself buying other brands. I feel like I'm wasting money if I buy something thats not really my taste.

Yes I have an investment account. I own multiple real estates which have increased in values. I have a vacation home which is paid. I have a life insurance. I know it might sound weird to some people but I'm also prepaying for my funeral.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:48 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
I did a post about girls driving expensive cars. What about girls carrying expensive purses ($500-$2000/purse) What do you think about it?

I'm a girl who has an expensive taste. I have a collection of expensive purses ( LV, Gucci, Burberry, Coach, Dooney). I have tons of them like over 30. I have an expensive taste when it comes to clothing and shoes too.I have over 30 pairs of shoes. I wear designer expensive jeans. I get compliments alot for being fashionable and having a good taste. I think a nice outfit is not complete without a high quality expensive purse. I work hard and it's my way of rewarding myself.

Guys, would you date someone who is into high quality expensive stuff? When you see a girl carrying an expensive purse, what do you think about her?

If she's paying 500-2000 for a purse and not pulling in well over 175k on her own I'd consider her a flat out idiot.

People in America need to realize that Hollywood is not real, and no you are not a celebrity.

If she can afford it and it's easily within her budget, then best of luck to her. Doesn't bother me one bit, people are free to spend money on what they want to spend it on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships