Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 12:11 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

As for IQs over 145, your theory doesn't hold up in my experience. My mother's was in the 160s, and she was introverted, but not awkward. She just chose her words. You know, as in, she stopped to think before blathering, on the theory that sometimes the difference is in the details? Right. Same goes for the men I've dated. Honestly, I can think of maybe one or two whose IQs were average by your definition. Maybe it's just the circles I run in.

But he was right, many people with 140+ or super high IQ really are socially awkward.

If you have an above average IQ, I'd also think you are more than capable of realizing IQ averages by career is a pretty bad way of looking at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 12:12 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
She isn't asking to be approached though
Approaching, or not , has nothing to do with anything. This could be a husband and wife couple, or two strangers in a bar. This could be a fifth date or a fifth anniversary date.

Quote:
As far as knowing what it looked like, people will become wiser about it, especially if men are using the scripts suggested to them.
Does 84 mean you were born in 1984, or are 84 years old ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And it doesn't make any sense for a woman to "s**t test" a man that she likes. If she's already attracted to him, what would be the benefit of giving him a hard time that's very likely to turn him off? If a woman likes a guy, she'll make it easy for him, not more difficult. It all just sounds like rationalization for stupid behavior on the guy's part. He was acting weird or artificial with his "seduction" tricks and she got defensive, so he tells himself that he didn't pass her test like it's all her fault.
Believe it or not, it does occur.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM

708 posts, read 878,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Approaching, or not , has nothing to do with anything. This could be a husband and wife couple, or two strangers in a bar. This could be a fifth date or a fifth anniversary date.

Does 84 mean you were born in 1984, or are 84 years old ?
How does PUA apply to married couples.

Successful marriage is not based on weird game playing. Are you married?

Neither to your second question.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM

803 posts, read 1,667,361 times
Score: 3

Quote:
1 to 9: Classic beta. You catch some girls’ eyes, usually the ones you don’t want. Try not to make fatty f*****g a lifestyle.
lol whatever...

Old 12-07-2012, 12:21 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
This is the site linked in a recently closed thread and not one for the faint of heart (or one lacking in more than a few grains of salt).

So this gentleman has concocted two tests to measure how desirable you are in the land of casual dating. He takes the score and puts you in a range that follows the basic alpha, beta, omega view of the world.

Now, I in no way subscribe to this way of thinking. It's shallow and narrow and at least partially meant to be humorous. BUT I do think it has some value. Because people who think this way exist and because its interesting to get a glimpse of the world through their eyes. Or maybe just for a laugh and insight into how to avoid these folks.

Anyway. Here are the quizzes, Cosmo honor code style,

Men: Dating Market Value Test For Men « Chateau Heartiste

Women: Dating Market Value Test For Women « Chateau Heartiste

So folks, how do you measure up in this world?
For some reason, the site reminds me of acne infomercials where the person hardly has any acne, and they attempt to sell their product by making it seem like it's the end of the world if someone has a zit, and you must buy their product to make your life better.

Psychology 101- put a person down, make them feel worthless so they can buy your product.

I guess people try to market their business in some way, even if it's absurd/stupid/unethical just like crooked business people who know how to target most at people's weaknesses, but their products aren't even legit and probably doesn't work any better.

Marketing scheme. No one's perfect, and if people were 100% polished, I find them boring.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:22 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
How does PUA apply to married couples.

you generally do the same things to keep a woman as you would to attract a woman initially.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
you generally do the same things to keep a woman as you would to attract a woman initially.

Meh, marriage sounds like a lot of work... I'm really going to have to use my baseball bat for the rest of my life?

Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
I'm confused. How in the world do you know if your chin is "big, your jaw is "long" your lips are "plump" or your eyes are big or small? According to what? What a weird test lol.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Play weird games?

I've looked at a few of the PUA sites. There might be a few kernels of helpful information here and there. Much of it is really nonsense, especially the sort of stuff that paints women with a narrow brush.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Meh, marriage sounds like a lot of work... I'm really going to have to use my baseball bat for the rest of my life?
I could see how you would think that after that guy's comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships