Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 11:00 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
People should stick with their own kinds.

I think some people just date outside of their race to be "adventurous". But at the end of the day, we all know that people will just marry within their own race anyway.
Ok so I'm Black with European and Asian ancestry what exactly is my "own" kind? I am only supposed to marry another person who is Black with European and Asian ancestry? And in what percentages would their DNA admixture need to be for it to be "OK" in the mind of someone like yourself?

Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,222 times
Lightbulb Hello All...If I May---

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
People should stick with their own kinds.

I think some people just date outside of their race to be "adventurous". But at the end of the day, we all know that people will just marry within their own race anyway.
I'd like to use this 'gentleman's' post as my entry to this thread

I thank the Almighty above, son, that you aren't in charge of anything that those of us who are actual adults do with our lives

I am a black man who has dated and married exclusively black women my entire adult life...and there's that nasty word 'adult' again

As in, as an adult, should I choose to date, fall in love with, and even ( gasp!!!) MARRY someone who is not of my race, whether that woman has been with other black males besides me before we met, or not, there's actually precious little you and those who think like you can do---

Except maybe what you NEED to do, which is go somewhere, sit down, grab some yarn and needles and learn to knit, and basically shut the (expletive deleted) up

Because if you should be so unfortunate as to come near me and continue to want to run your mouth about 'what people should stick to', then two things will happen...either---

A) I will give you the name of a good dermatologist, seeing as how you'll need one after I cuss every exposed patch of flesh off of you

or

B) I won't cuss you out, but I WILL tell you where you can stick your theory about what people you have no earthly control over 'should stick to' and I won't be 'adventurous' and wait til 'the end of the day'...I'll get you told in person, on the spot, quick fast and in a hurry, so there will be no doubt that you just got a can opened on you and your unwanted opinions

In short, people are going to date and marry who they damn well feel like dating and marrying, and no amount of you theorizing, postulating, or just plain whining like a b***h in a poodle-skirt, will change that...ipso-facto, end of narrative

Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why do you care? And why is it any of your concern who dates whom? Its 2012...I can't believe that some people still have these issues.

^^^This. And can I add, just because you may not be physically attracted to someone of a race other than your own, doesn't make you racist.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Meh, I have nothing to say on this thread other than that if I see a woman with a black queen of spade tattoo I know not to try.

But that brings up another debate, do people who only date a particular race does it make them racist or is it just preference?, I don't know

Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
Asking what races my previous boyfriends were is a bit weird...besides any man or woman who ask this question has self esteem issues.
Well, just based on my experience, they usually don't come out and ask. A lot of the white women that I have dated figured it out by a variety of things in general conversation. Like certain places you may eat at, hang out at...or perhaps the ex's name. A lot of time they can tell by Facebook pictures and other things like that.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:53 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Meh, I have nothing to say on this thread other than that if I see a woman with a black queen of spade tattoo I know not to try.

But that brings up another debate, do people who only date a particular race does it make them racist or is it just preference?, I don't know
I just heard about this sometime this year... if only I would've known about it before I got engaged, I would have had TONS of fun.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
It depends on what you mean by "racist".

Old 12-07-2012, 12:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
I only consider things racist if you put them in one catagory. Older people from racist times do it. I keep saying to everyone I meet there is good and bad in every race. Stereotyping ticks me off.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:12 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod99 View Post
I've heard that some white men won't date a white woman if they find out she dated a black man or a man of another race. Why is that? Why would the race of men she previously dated matter so much?
Because they're racist and want someone who shares racist values as they do?

Then again, I can't judge bc some people are really stuck in their own ways and that's really all they know so we can't fault them for being that way.

If someone judges that person for their previous partners or judges them period? Why even bother dating that person? They've basically said "I don't like you" for whatever reason that suggests said person deserves better.

Btw- racist is an action and intent on treating someone different based on perceived stereotypes.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:27 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I just heard about this sometime this year... if only I would've known about it before I got engaged, I would have had TONS of fun.
What does a black queen of spade tat mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships