Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 02:09 PM

101 posts, read 249,730 times

Advertisements

I'm asking because as I got to know my SO better, I realized I am so not his type.

So why does he even like me?

For a mental image, let's say in style only (I think both are gorgeous, btw)...

his type would be Avril Lavgine - kinda rocker chic, almost goth, blacks, leather, shirts, sneakers, tattoos, silvers, I think he even prefers short hair

while I would be Taylor Swift - long hair, ruffles and dresses, boots/heels, red lipstick, golds and pinks

I learned this from the women that interest him. He follows tattooed, BDSM looking girls on Facebook and Instagram. I hate that style.

On a casual day, he'd want me to wear a tee and sneakers. My casual means a casual dress and sandals.

I only wear sneakers to the gym. He bought hiking/water shoes for me to wear at the mall or when we go out. I was hesitant at first, but I have been wearing them (they're so comfy!).

We once argued about my clothes when we he had a game before a party we were going to. I dressed for the party, of course. He wanted me to dress for the game. I was like, your game is just a two-hour stopover, the party is our real event!

He's left me alone since, and I have tried to dress more casually for him. Now I really miss dresses, skirts, sandals and heels!

Most guys I know that have a particular type only date women like that. My own type of guy is the strong, silent type. It doesn't matter if he's a bad boy, jock, geek, musician, yuppie.

When I look at the type of women my bf likes, I think "What is he even doing with a girlfriend like me?"

And then there's that nagging thought... What if a girl more "his type" comes along?

So the title of this thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 02:14 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Every time I have an idea of a type of girl I want to date, someone completely different comes along and I end up liking her and being completely happy.

Here's something else you're not taking into consideration, guys don't really give a sh*t about your style, and while you might think it's important.. as long as you look relatively decent we just don't care.

If a girl came by that dressed differently than you, he might think she's attractive .. but I doubt he'd care. Unless he's gay.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
I don't have a type.

My husband prefers petite brunettes with big boobs. I fit the bill.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:18 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfuchsia View Post
I learned this from the women that interest him. He follows tattooed, BDSM looking girls on Facebook and Instagram. I hate that style.
Hopefully you don't have anything to worry about. Unless you're dating Sandra Bullock's ex-husband.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't have a type.

My husband prefers petite brunettes with big boobs. I fit the bill.
*snickering*@Dew

No I don't everyman I dated was different. I guess the artist in me sees beauty in all kinds.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:19 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,066 times
I don't have a type. Well, that's a lie, I sort of have a type - bearded. I tend to focus more on commonalities that men of interest and I have. Typically, this revolves around music and film. As far as music and film goes, I definitely have a type, and I stick with men who fit within that framework.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfuchsia View Post
What do you mean by he follows them?

Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What do you mean by he follows them?
Social media.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,485 times
I don't have a defined type either though my friends would chime in right now and say "he has to have big arms."

But you shouldn't change yourself for him, if you like wearing dresses then do it. I'd never wear something just because someone else told me to.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
Social media.
Yes - but I mean are we talking celebrities or just ordinary people? I can understand a boyfriend following some celebrities - but following ordinary people because they are his "type" seems a little sketchy to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships