Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 10:27 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's actually not true at all, maybe you're talking about this thread but in general people do mock and make snide comments about it. I agree with most everything else you said though. I think he starts this topic to try and get others to become asexual like he is and it doesn't work that way. Just like he didn't choose to be nonsexual, they didn't choose to be sexual. With that said it is very annoying how they like to shove it down everyone's throats and then make judgements about it since it's not their personal lifestyle. So I guess both sides do it to a point, but don't assume the 'sexual side' doesn't do it.
I was talking about this particular thread.

I know people were trying to get a rise out of him when he posted the first time but from what I saw, no one mocked his list in this thread. Maybe disagreed with some of the points but not by making fun of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
I once met a woman who said she could control me using her mind. I said that's impossible, somebody taught her sexual mind games. She said she was trained by science. I woke up one morning feeling so disgusted that I couldn't even speak. She said there was no lock she couldn't pick using her filthy mind. She insisted that I could not escape her. She said she knew my heart better than I knew myself. Few men can handle being humiliated by a woman. I learned long ago not to play with the queen of hearts. She said when a woman surrenders to the wrong man her job is to use her sex magic. To this day I have never escaped her presence in my life.

My life has always been influenced by women. Years ago I accused some women of being drunk with power. In a world filled with so many secrets, the mystery is just how those secrets are revealed.

Sounds like you're using magic spells as some kind of excuse. If women are 'controlling' you -- that's you, not them.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I was talking about this particular thread.

I know people were trying to get a rise out of him when he posted the first time but from what I saw, no one mocked his list in this thread. Maybe disagreed with some of the points but not by making fun of him.

I'm not going to go back through the whole thread but post no. 33 by Dissenter was mocking (which is no surprise there, anyways). But my overall point was: people certainly do this in general.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:36 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
that's actually not true at all, maybe you're talking about this thread but in general people do mock and make snide comments about it. I agree with most everything else you said though. I think he starts this topic to try and get others to become asexual like he is and it doesn't work that way. Just like he didn't choose to be nonsexual, they didn't choose to be sexual. With that said it is very annoying how they like to shove it down everyone's throats and then make judgements about it since it's not their personal lifestyle. So I guess both sides do it to a point, but don't assume the 'sexual side' doesn't do it.
It really didn't help that his list doesn't contain valid points, but rather wild assumptions about relationships.

The thing that most people are balking at in his post is, whatever life you choose to lead, if you're okay with it, you don't make a post about how great it is, nor do you put down that which you don't understand.

The phrase, "Thou doth protest too much" comes to mind...where someone makes a claim about something, repeatedly, often the opposite is true. They think they're trying to convince others to believe them when it's they, themselves, that need convincing of what they're saying.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,615 times
Quote:
I'm not going to go back through the whole thread but post no. 33 by Dissenter was mocking (which is no surprise there, anyways). But my overall point was: people certainly do this in general.
Oh without question, but it's usually the 'usual suspects' who mock anything. For the most part though, I think people have been curious about his choices but not necessarily condescending toward the OP.

And I think the mocking may be because the OP flies off the handle and they find it entertaining, I think it has little to do with his actual life choices.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
I am getting sick of this outta you. I was only making a joke which I did not even direct at the OP. I don't even remember directly addressing his list. You are pushing it, honey.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I am getting sick of this outta you. I was only making a joke which I did not even direct at the OP. I don't even remember directly addressing his list. You are pushing it, honey.

You can get as sick as it suits you. You posted it and it certainly didn't seem like a joke and since it was posted in his thread about this 'issue' he has, going out on a limb and saying it was directed at him.....I never said you said anything about his list, did I?

Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Oh without question, but it's usually the 'usual suspects' who mock anything. For the most part though, I think people have been curious about his choices but not necessarily condescending toward the OP.

And I think the mocking may be because the OP flies off the handle and they find it entertaining, I think it has little to do with his actual life choices.

Okay well think what you want, that's fine. Go look at the other asexual threads. I'm telling you what I know to be true from this board and IRL. All the way around there is a sense of mockery. It's 'funny' when they say it though and it's 'aw shucks, just a joke' -- but not when it's the other way around.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:44 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
1. No jealousy of any form
2. Economy
3. No arguments
4. Secure and safe way to avoid divorce (and all of its implications)
5. Freedom
6. Secure and safe way to not help increase overpopulation
7. No suffering, no doubts
8. Total independence (when having a job)
9. No social boundaries
10. Not necessarily staying with the status quo

Celibacy is truly a gift and those who mock/disrespect us are just envious.
+1,000x's

Other added benefits- you can freely date around without any strings attached sorta like a polyamarous union but you don't get in too too deep until you know you find someone you can let your guard down and trust.

Kuddos!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:25 PM

666 posts, read 1,290,836 times
Various things here:

1. I am not opening these threads to push any asexuality/aromanticism/celibacy to anyone. There are tons of articles I have to swallow on the supposedly benefits of marriage to the point that a lot of people push this lifestyle to everyone. So what is wrong on what I think on the benefits of asexuality/celibacy? I don't go to the threads of the benefits of relationships/marriage and begin to attack, mock or judge like some of you are doing here. Yes, my last sentence could seem "creating trouble" but I put it because in previous threads where I simply expressed my opinion some accused me of trolling, so again it is not really that different stating the points I made alone or adding that last sentence. You would have judged me anyway.

2. Unfortunately I am not getting along with most of the people in the asexual community, because there is a lot of opinion and sensitivity in the community, Doll Eyes you told me that I was making the asexual community look bad/crazy and you must be aware that I do not represent the entire A-community and I have even considered myself to get out of everything related to AVEN, because regardless of being general or specific the same misinterpretation and judgments on me are as annoying as the ones from people here. I have trouble trying to understand some asexuals. I have come to the conclusion that THERE IS NO WAY TO PLEASE PEOPLE, either being specific, spending long minutes explaining and explaining some people would judge me all the same so why waste time? If I am going to be mocked or judged let's give then a real reason to do it. I have read in this sole thread so many judgments on me that it is funny. "You are saying this, you are meaning this, you are..." it's ok. I do it too. Mockery and judgments are the main norm in today's everyday conversations, that's why people are not really that worried on being specific on what they mean.

3. For those of you that have respectfully disagreed with my original post and have stated your reasons it is definitely alright and I am crystal water clear that some people need relationships to live, survive and complete themselves. There are people who need a 24/7 companion and I respect that, they can't find themselves traveling alone, having some time alone to meditate- like in a beach, it is part of the nature of most sexual and/or romantic people. Even some asexuals can't be alone as it may seem. For example, for a sexual/romantic no one to kiss is certainly a strong disadvantage. But for some of us it is not even a scratch. And the reason for me to state these points are that people who are in doubts or who are thinking it about not getting involved in relationships realize that perhaps it's not as infernal as it may seem.

A question to you, other than my own threads, do you see me around in this forum in most other topics giving opinions? No, because the tone of the thread does not interest me. And if I was to give an opinion I would do it in a respectful way. In my threads I say what I want, if you really don't care then prove it by bypassing my thread. It is that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships