Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:22 PM

445 posts, read 864,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I'm far past caring what ugly people think of me, especially anonymous ugly people on the internet. I am who I am, and if everything came together for me to be thinner, that would be great. But that's not reality. I've accepted it and would just like to find women who like guys like me. I know they're out there.
And what are these things and why aren't they reality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 06:23 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
So you assumed I meant that the respondents are physically ugly, right? Even though I referenced anonymous internet people whose appearance I'd have no knowledge of? My supposed referring to people as physically ugly doesn't even make any sense in the context of my posts. Sounds like the (wrong) assumptions weren't made by me.

Ugliness is far deeper than the skin, as was displayed by many posters here.
It doesn't make one iota of a difference what you meant by ugly. You can't determine that unless you personally know everyone who responded to you negatively.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by yayoi; 12-09-2012 at 06:32 PM..

Old 12-09-2012, 06:47 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
That's a defensive tackle

The majority of defensive ends are in great shape. The only ones who aren't are 3-4 ends who are glorified defensive tackles

Actually he's a nose tackle, if we're going to be super specific.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:47 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So did you check out those links or what? By the way, fascinating backpedaling.
It wasn't backpedaling at all. It was fact. If you choose not to believe that, so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
And what are these things and why aren't they reality?
None of your business. I asked a question. I didn't ask to be picked apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
It doesn't make one iota of a difference what you meant by ugly. You can't determine that unless you personally know everyone who responded to you negatively.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
The responses speak for themselves, don't you think? I asked a simple question, then voiced an opinion. Look over the personal attacks based on almost no actual knowledge of me, and ask yourself it that isn't a good definition of ugliness.

The simple fact that I'm having this conversation is a sign of ugliness. I'm done explaining or defending anything I posted. So you can all feel free to make some more assumptions in your next posts. I won't challenge them. Whatever makes you feel better about yourselves.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:59 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
The difference between men and women (and society's expectations).

Woman: I am a bit overweight, and I don't think I am attractive as I could be. I'll wait to start dating until I lose xxx pounds and feel sexier.

Man: I am overweight, all the women should want me and just get over it. I've still got it.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:06 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,322 times
Quote:
None of your business. I asked a question. I didn't ask to be picked apart.

That's going to be expected in a thread where you admit to be an largely overweight man who has no interest in an overweight woman

Honest answer here - 99% of thin/fit hotties will not want to date an overweight man unless they're gold diggers and you're extremely wealthy. Having a lot of charisma can help you overcome that as well

If you want to date a thin/fit woman, you just have to approach as many as it takes before one of them will want to date you. Online dating is going to be completely futile because it's primarily based on appearance and you don't even have a chance to establish yourself with your personality. I think if you put on matchmaker that you're a 250+ LB man looking for 110 LB women, you're probably not going to get a whole lot of hits

So there ya go, there are your options

- lose enough weight until you are fit/slender yourself
- date women who are as large as you are
- approach enough fit/slender women until one of them finally says yes (and realistically speaking, there's going to be a ton of rejection here)

Old 12-09-2012, 08:19 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Christ you people, he's just trying to find out where he can find chubby chasers. They exist amongst both genders you know.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM

399 posts, read 705,202 times
Good for you! I proud that you have stuck up for who you are. There is nothing wrong with being big. If someone can't love you for WHO you are then they are loosing out! I hope you find someone very deserving. They are out there. Keep looking. God Bless!

Quote:
I'm far past caring what ugly people think of me, especially anonymous ugly people on the internet. I am who I am, and if everything came together for me to be thinner, that would be great. But that's not reality. I've accepted it and would just like to find women who like guys like me. I know they're out there.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
The responses speak for themselves, don't you think? I asked a simple question, then voiced an opinion. Look over the personal attacks based on almost no actual knowledge of me, and ask yourself it that isn't a good definition of ugliness.
Bwah! Nice one. "Yes, I made assumptions, but (in my own opinion only), they turned out to be true (an assertion I've managed by roundly ignoring the good advice I was given), so therefore, it was okay for me to make assumptions. Just not other people, whether they end up being right nor not. Again, in my opinion, of course."

Um...yay?

Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Christ you people, he's just trying to find out where he can find chubby chasers. They exist amongst both genders you know.
He was given tips and links. He chose to ignore any answers that were positive (ahem, you're welcome, OP). He started right out the gate insulting people in advance and it only went downhill from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships