Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, would you rather date an ex-stripper with 2 partners or a woman with 15 partners
Ex-stripper with 2 partners 24 54.55%
Woman with 15 partners 20 45.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I'm talking about when a girl is surrounded by guys who say they want to sleep around or who think you have to be at a certain place or a certain older age before you marry. This is quite common among young people.
As a young person I think it's an interesting rationalization for sleeping around, although not one conducive to monogamy.

To claim that "women are better at sleeping around" is true, but ignores the greater consequences women face for doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Honestly, neither of those would bother me one way or the other.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
As a young person I think it's an interesting rationalization for sleeping around, although not one conducive to monogamy.

To claim that "women are better at sleeping around" is true, but ignores the greater consequences women face for doing so.
It's not a rationalization (what girls do), it's just a fact. That is correct that girls have consequences, but it doesn't change the fact that it still will happen. It's not a competition. There are always guys around wanting to sleep with a girl (when you're young, all of them) and she is human too just like guys, except that she's hoping for more.

Last edited by srjth; 12-10-2012 at 07:46 AM..

Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
I voted "woman with 15 partners", but of course I would not likely have an interest in either.

I do feel that it isn't what a person did in their past in and of itself that's important, but past misdeeds can tell you a lot about their specific flaws in personality, which is fairly consistent over time. And while being in so many relationships can imply any number of problems, it doesn't necessarily imply an overly liberal view of sex/nudity, which happens to be one of the traits I'm most incompatible with. I'll admit it's a baseless assumption. But I think someone who was a stripper for two years is less likely to tell our future son/daughter it was a mistake and no one should do it. I think women (and even men) are more likely to admit they shouldn't have had so many past sexual relationships, no matter how many they did have.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
It's not a rationalization (what women do), it's just a fact.
i don't agree. it is never a fact that a woman is surrounded solely by guys who just want to sleep around.

now, perhaps there are cases when the guys she expects to date just want to sleep around, but that should be called what it is.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
i don't agree. it is never a fact that a woman is surrounded solely by guys who just want to sleep around.

now, perhaps there are cases when the guys she expects to date just want to sleep around, but that should be called what it is.
From a girls point of view, a guy who wants to continually have sex with you but doesn't want to get married is no different than a guy who sleeps around. They both look non-committal. Just like a stripper with 2 partners looks no different to a guy than a non-stripper with 15 partners. They both devalue something important.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:36 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,965,721 times
Both. I don't find women's sexuality threatening. Next question.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 AM

708 posts, read 878,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by first one View Post

Of course. But if only each person's individual experiences counted, we wouldn't be able to talk about general trends and they apparently exist. There are exceptions to every rule but talking about averages is not meaningless.

Do men choose who to date based on a long term guess of how likely they'd be to divorce later? Do they think marrying someone with fewer sexual partners will mean more happiness and less divorce.

My guess is that those with fewer sexual partners come from more conservative backgrounds where divorce is less likely to be acceptable. That doesn't necessarily translate into better relationships.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 AM

904 posts, read 1,381,582 times
Quote:
Maybe you should ask her to explain each of them in sordid detail, and then come back and tell us all how much you don't care.
I know enough about her past relationships to know I don't care. What I do know is that she chose to marry me, not some other guy.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
I know enough about her past relationships to know I don't care. What I do know is that she chose to marry me, not some other guy.
Ignorance isnt the same as not caring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships