Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:47 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times

Advertisements

Why is there such an analogy? Digging for actual gold is hard work. Not to mention sifting and purifying it and even prospecting it...

Not to mention the fact that modern day gold-miners don't even get to keep the gold, most of the time.

...I fail to see why people use that phrase to insult.

...Besides, it's not like women who seek men with money are conning them, usually. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 10:02 PM

52,300 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Hurricane... go out into the real world and get away from this forum for a bit... experience life.....

Trust me..... it will do you good.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Please, PLEASE, just stop

Are you really THIS bored?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:06 PM

250 posts, read 400,207 times
Because the wealthy guy is the wheelbarrow of dirt and silt and somewhere buried in all that mess of selfish narcissistic mud is something golden and valuable. Grab a shovel

Old 10-18-2013, 11:01 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,000,457 times
I think it has to do with how people used to call picking your nose 'digging for gold'.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:09 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,233,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think it has to do with how people used to call picking your nose 'digging for gold'.
Now I get it. This changes everything.

Damn, English is such a complicated language, still have lots to learn.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:18 AM

529 posts, read 702,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Why is there such an analogy? Digging for actual gold is hard work. Not to mention sifting and purifying it and even prospecting it...

Not to mention the fact that modern day gold-miners don't even get to keep the gold, most of the time.

...Besides, it's not like women who seek men with money are conning them, usually. Right?
Yeah, they are. As has been stated numerous times before, being a gold-digger doesn't work if you're too obvious. If you are, then it instantly turns into a purely financial transaction where the woman loses. There is no reason for a man to stay with a woman who lets him know straight up that she's only in it for the money because there is no p***y that is worth $500,000 or $100,000 or even $30,000.

You may mean that the guy is equally culpable for being stupid enough to think that she's into him when she's not, but that's a rather false statement. We always like to look at wealthy guys who are ugly and with hot women and go "ha ha, what a fool, he's being taken." But guess what? We come up TONS of excuses as to why "regular" guys are with women who are more attractive than them. So apparently it is possible for women to go out with guys who may be less attractive, so why would the rich guys be any different in thinking that? (I could probably explain that better, but whatever.)

The reason it's an insult is because it reduces that woman to the level of a prostitute, which is what she is. She's trading sex for money. That's called prostitution. It's really not that difficult to figure out.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:19 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
"We always like to look at wealthy guys who are ugly and with hot women and go "ha ha, what a fool, he's being taken." But guess what? We come up TONS of excuses as to why "regular" guys are with women who are more attractive than them. So apparently it is possible for women to go out with guys who may be less attractive, so why would the rich guys be any different in thinking that?"

OMG this is so true lmao

Old 10-19-2013, 08:43 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

I think you're trying way too hard dude.

Gold digger -- person looking for a gold mine in a person. It is not difficult at all to comprehend.

I personally don't care what people do, however I can't imagine too many guys with any self respect would want to deal with a human parasite.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:18 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,000,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I think you're trying way too hard dude.

Gold digger -- person looking for a gold mine in a person. It is not difficult at all to comprehend.
Humor fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships