Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 04:28 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,678,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Fo' sho'. People are discussing how they'd take a 50 something celebrity over some 20something person anyday. Whodathunkit.

The man I'm currently seeing is a silver fox. Think Kris Kristofferson, the hair and a full beard. Yum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,179,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
How old is "older"...many older men are able to keep on being attractive. Some develop qualities which tend to be seen as unattractive like ear hair, balding, a paunch...but plenty of guys past 40 are considered appealing.

Plus women score on a broader scorecard than that. Women judge every detail of a guy, not just how he looks.

I think the bitterness comes in when women think about for men, the top priority is how she looks. At least, for a guy, it is perfectly acceptable to hook up with a hot psycho and then dump her when it gets to be a nuisance. It's easy for men to view and use women this way...or at least society makes it seem like it. So women, who even if they are hot and young, know they will get old one day and if they're not rich enough to afford massive surgeries and procedures, they'll eventually look old...it's like society's saying "one day you will have no value."

These same women who feel bitter and angry about this, will often flip it around and say that an older fellow will only get a pretty lady if he's got money, and then that will be the only reason, because he too will be old and ugly. That's a bit of a defensive train of logic right there.

Fact is, some guys stay attractive, and some younger ladies in fact seek out distinguished older men for their looks. Some few women age naturally with grace, too...but none of us will hit 50-60 looking like a smokin' young breeder. But that's OK, because there really is much more to a woman's value than whether guys think she's "a hottie" and by that age, she really ought to know that.
This is what I don't understand though, they say all the time younger women only want them for their money not their looks and that men who say otherwise are stupid and in denial. But now its "oh no older guys are hot". Which one is it?

Old 12-13-2012, 04:35 PM

102,092 posts, read 107,197,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
The man I'm currently seeing is a silver fox. Think Kris Kristofferson, the hair and a full beard. Yum!
Richard Gere (though he's pushing the envelope a bit, at this point, but I think he was around 50 when he married supermodel Cindy Crawford.)

Old 12-13-2012, 04:36 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,188,930 times
actually i didnt see things that way either until i retired and calmed down some
amazing there is a market for guys like me. cant believe this stuff happens after 60.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-01-2014 at 11:03 AM..

Old 12-13-2012, 04:37 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,192,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
How old are you tho? Just asking
I'm 42 but even when I was in my mid-late 20's, I really didn't prefer guys my age or younger. I always liked older men. Older..not OLD

Old 12-13-2012, 04:40 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,671,612 times
Some old men are hot. And I'd love to ravish . However I do have fetishes for those kinda guys hehe

Old 12-13-2012, 04:41 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,192,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Fo' sho'. People are discussing how they'd take a 50 something celebrity over some 20something person anyday. Whodathunkit.
I'd take my 58 year old co-worker over the 28 year old any day. He's more fit, well kept, a gentleman and heck, he's just a lot more handsome!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,868,492 times
Quote:
Why do you think the bolded is true?

As for the first part, yea some older men are prized for their wealth, maturity, security, willingness to settle down more then their younger counterparts...but not because their looks. Which is kinda the point of this thread. We even have women who laugh at older guys dating younger women and say they only want you for your money not your looks, which is true. Alot of the younger women who date these older well off men are only with them because of their money and things they can provide, not because they really physically attracted to them. Many still sleep with their younger hotter peers and prefer that to sex with the old guy(you really can't blame them I'm just saying)

Hugh Hefner has slept with tons of younger women, not because they find him attractive lol. I think you and I can both agree with that.
Women are more realistic because they don't reject as often because a guy is older like men often do. Of course there are exceptions but I've seen some old looking men online who will insist they only date young women.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:46 PM

20,265 posts, read 14,502,944 times
Quote:
This is what I don't understand though, they say all the time younger women only want them for their money not their looks and that men who say otherwise are stupid and in denial. But now its "oh no older guys are hot". Which one is it?
Whichever one we want it to be, depending on the nature of the argument. 'Cause women are like that, we reserve the right to be totally contrary and persnickety and annoying in this manner. Or at least that is what my husband would tell you. Or at least something along the lines of, "Just nod your head man, she is always right. Always. Better get used to that now, if you want to be with a woman..."

But yeah, you'll often come down to a sex/money flipside of the same coin argument.

Here's the thing...we are human. So we're all different, every situation is different, there is no one "it's always like this" statement that can be applied across the board. There are generalities that can be seen to be often or sometimes true...but never always. And seriously, that's good news. Because the alternative is a world where prostitution is the only form of interaction between the sexes. In a world where "he just wants sex" and "she just wants money" that's pretty much what it boils down to. Except that it doesn't...because there's friendship, and love, and chemistry, and family, and a million other permutations of magic out there to be had. Thank goodness.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,951,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I'd take my 58 year old co-worker over the 28 year old any day. He's more fit, well kept, a gentleman and heck, he's just a lot more handsome!
lol you kinda didn't my point, but I've always been more attracted to older women, so I'm with you on the choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships