Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 04:10 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,051,014 times

Advertisements

First of all, I want to apologize if a thread on this topic has been made before. I just don't care to go through the archives and find it if it has.

There's been a lot of people talking about the trials and tribulations of online dating lately, I thought we could have a fun thread where we could share all the good/bad/silly/weird/awful encounters or just strange things people you've met online have said and hopefully have a laugh or two.

So here goes:

-I had a guy from online dating describe jalapeno poppers as being "icky" while I was eating them
-I had one say and I quote directly "I hope to be married and have children by October 2013."
-One sent me a text after one date that read "I wish you were here naked and smoochin' me."
-One that used excessive lol's and haha's in text messages. We're talking extremes here. "Just put up my CHristmas tree lol hahahahahaha lol"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,064,398 times
Were they store bought Jalapeno poppers or homemade? Neither are icky, but there's a WORLD of difference in flavor. Talking from experience with making homemade poppers.

Some of those are pretty weird, strange, and awkward.

I admit, though, that a lot of my texts go out with a "lol" somewhere in them, but it doesn't go further than that, no lolololololololol hahahaahahahaahahahaalolololahahahaha strapped to them.

But yeah, the naked comment. There comes a time where that's OK to send, but not after a first date. damn.

I'm glad to say that I'm reasonably normal and wouldn't do/say any of those things in those situations.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:25 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,694,715 times
One guy did nothing but tell me jokes. The.whole.night.long!
We had talked on the phone so I knew he could carry on a conversation. But the date was nothing but jokes, no matter what topic I tried to introduce.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,051,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Were they store bought Jalapeno poppers or homemade? Neither are icky, but there's a WORLD of difference in flavor. Talking from experience with making homemade poppers.

Some of those are pretty weird, strange, and awkward.

I admit, though, that a lot of my texts go out with a "lol" somewhere in them, but it doesn't go further than that, no lolololololololol hahahaahahahaahahahaalolololahahahaha strapped to them.

But yeah, the naked comment. There comes a time where that's OK to send, but not after a first date. damn.

I'm glad to say that I'm reasonably normal and wouldn't do/say any of those things in those situations.
They were at a restaurant, I have no idea, but it was really just that he chose to describe them as "icky" that was weird. Instead of "no thanks, don't care for those" it was "those are icky!".

Yeah, his is like "lol" in every text, usually excessive. "I have hockey tonight lololol hahahaha"

Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,685,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
First of all, I want to apologize if a thread on this topic has been made before. I just don't care to go through the archives and find it if it has.

There's been a lot of people talking about the trials and tribulations of online dating lately, I thought we could have a fun thread where we could share all the good/bad/silly/weird/awful encounters or just strange things people you've met online have said and hopefully have a laugh or two.

So here goes:

-I had a guy from online dating describe jalapeno poppers as being "icky" while I was eating them
-I had one say and I quote directly "I hope to be married and have children by October 2013."
-One sent me a text after one date that read "I wish you were here naked and smoochin' me."
-One that used excessive lol's and haha's in text messages. We're talking extremes here. "Just put up my CHristmas tree lol hahahahahaha lol"
I hope to have my wedding in October or November of some year (2013 would be good, but I don't see it happening that fast since I'm single at the moment), but I don't share that with my dates.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,926,727 times
I don't think it's bad to mention marriage plans because I'd rather he be honest upfront that he is looking for marriage. Last year I met a guy online who told me he was dating so he could hopefully get married eventually. He didn't have specific plans though.

Anyway one of the weirdest was a guy who kept complaining about everyone he met online then he started on me. When he started insulting me I left and oddly he emailed me for a second date! I refused.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:42 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,064,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
They were at a restaurant, I have no idea, but it was really just that he chose to describe them as "icky" that was weird. Instead of "no thanks, don't care for those" it was "those are icky!".

Yeah, his is like "lol" in every text, usually excessive. "I have hockey tonight lololol hahahaha"
Excessive lols and ha's read child-like to me. So I understood where you were coming from there.

Come to think of it, I've never used "icky" around adults either, only around kids. Or if I was talking about the football player Icky Woods.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,230,561 times
For all of the nonbelievers on here, this thread is proof that women have guys lined up wanting to date them. Doesn't matter if they're hot. EVERY girl has tons of options.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:06 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,025,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
For all of the nonbelievers on here, this thread is proof that women have guys lined up wanting to date them. Doesn't matter if they're hot. EVERY girl has tons of options.
What's that phrase? The odds are good, but the goods are odd?

There are plenty of men out there who want a hookup only. Or something more committed....a recurring hookup arrangement.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:21 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,926,727 times
I have several men (including much younger)who want to sleep with me and that isn't a problem. However I want a relationship and that is a bit more difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships