Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:18 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,189,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is there a reason why you're so charmingly entertaining us with this particular rant today? Did an overweight woman harass you recently, or something?
Overweight women complain all the time about how superficial men are and how superficial society is. Then they reject the men who ARE interested in them. They get so upset when men don't give them a chance, but then they reject and often insult the men who DO give them a chance. That's the rant. If overweight people want to be picky they should stop complaining when other people are picky. If they don't mind being alone, then hey, they should be as picky as they want. But if they are going to b*tch and complain about how they can't find someone, and then go ahead and reject clingy guys and non-alpha male type guys, it's tough to feel sorry for them.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:18 PM

102,315 posts, read 108,503,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
Fantastic dress!
lol! Just like someone posted recently; a red dress is de rigeur for attracting the opposite sex.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Overweight women complain all the time about how superficial men are and how superficial society is. Then they reject the men who ARE interested in them. They get so upset when men don't give them a chance, but then they reject and often insult the men who DO give them a chance. That's the rant. If overweight people want to be picky they should stop complaining when other people are picky. If they don't mind being alone, then hey, they should be as picky as they want. But if they are going to b*tch and complain about how they can't find someone, and then go ahead and reject clingy guys and non-alpha male type guys, it's tough to feel sorry for them.
um.... this isn't about you, it's about the OP, who, I gather, hasn't been rejected by a "big girls". I suspect he's posting because of the opposite problem--being approached by a plus-size woman.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:20 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,682,661 times
Quote:
Is there a reason why you're so charmingly entertaining us with this particular rant today? Did an overweight woman harass you recently, or something?

I get annoyed because I love curves and I always say that and people assume I'm a chubby chaser

I also get annoyed at the whole fat acceptance movement. It's just a bunch of nonsense, nobody is genetically predetermined to be fat. Hell I was 245 LBs @ 35 percent bodyfat in high school and i'm in good shape now. It's not hard to be in shape if you just have an ounce of work ethic and discipline

Old 12-18-2012, 02:22 PM

904 posts, read 1,385,582 times
Quote:
lol! Just like someone posted recently; a red dress is de rigeur for attracting the opposite sex.
It would have been equally fantastic in black or navy.

1,392 posts, read 2,105,476 times
Quote:
nobody is genetically predetermined to be fat
depends on your definition of "fat". But they do know for a fact that there is a set point, and everyone's is different, where your body drastically lowers your metabolism to maintain it's fat reserves.

Of course, for a thickness-lover like me, this is awesome. It's incumbent on all you guys to get good taste like me :-)

The set point, though, can easily be like 25% body fat

17,869 posts, read 21,046,217 times
Quote:
Hope no woman thinks that with me. She probably won't like my response if she asks me for my opinion on her red dress lol.

25,901 posts, read 42,804,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
They always say stuff like "my curves are beautiful, not every man is into a stick thin woman" or they say "you don't have to be stick thin to be attractive", etc... What I don't get is why they seem to think that everybody is either obese or anorexic.
Quote:
You both have a truly amazing knack for generalizing about people to the point of meaninglessness. How can either of you possibly have enough exposure to "big girls" to posit about what they always do or always say?

Old 12-18-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I consider myself raceless

I can claim to be white, italian, hispanic, middle eastern, really anything I like
Yeah... you can also claim to be good-looking, living in a "very wealthy" neighborhood (with mom), and making huge money selling cars in a trashed economy. You can claim anything.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:25 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,319,179 times
Quote:
I've tried to give obese women a chance, and gotten rejected, often rather rudely, for being too clingy. Let me get this straight, i'm willing to overlook the fact that she has a 220 lb gut and she hasn't set foot in a gym in at least 5 years... but she can't overlook the fact that i want a little extra attention. It's just ridiculous. If they are going to be that picky, then i don't want to hear about how they can't find anyone.
There are PLENTY of clingy women out there for you to date. They have all kinds of emotional baggage to come along with that clingyness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships