Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 03:18 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,600,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
straight guys throw on a polo that was on the ground 2 days ago before going to a club or bar.
LOL except for the GTL himbos: Pauly D and Sich from "Jersey Shore". Oh yeah, Vin too, after they corrupted him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 AM

11,823 posts, read 12,074,297 times
Quote:
Why you going for these "knockout" women? Just talk to your average girl. Your shooting for the stars, when your average woman might be shy around you!
If you notice, Brahma keeps posting pictures of all these "pin-up" girls who are his "dream girl". Since he's never had a woman or a relationship, it's like he's still a teenager pining away for the perfect centrefold in the magazine, thinking that his toned physique makes him deserving of one. Most of his threads concentrate on looks and working out, so I get the sense he's judging women very harshly as not meeting the standards of these poster women he idolizes. Well that and he's afraid to talk to regular women. Bad combination.

Last edited by Katnan; 12-24-2012 at 08:00 AM..

Old 12-24-2012, 08:38 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,680,740 times
The thing with this is that what is considered attractive is relative. Some of the girls I've seen, I'd consider as close to perfect as possible, but other guys are like "she's alright.."

So, why should I be intimidated? My opinion is just my opinion. It doesn't reflect what may actually be the truth.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,279,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
LOL except for the GTL himbos: Pauly D and Sich from "Jersey Shore". Oh yeah, Vin too, after they corrupted him
Honestly they look gay. I think your average even "fit" guy will try and look good, but these people look almost metrosexual. Which if you want to be that way...fine. just understand some women will think your gay as it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
If you notice, Brahma keeps posting pictures of all these "pin-up" girls who are his "dream girl". Since he's never had a woman or a relationship, it's like he's still a teenager pining away for the perfect centrefold in the magazine, thinking that his toned physique makes him deserving of one. Most of his threads concentrate on looks and working out, so I get the sense he's judging women very harshly as not meeting the standards of these poster women he idolizes. Well that and he's afraid to talk to regular women. Bad combination.
If brahma talked to your average (not FIT!) woman and just said how is your day or something. The woman might even be flattered that a "gay" man or I mean a really fit physique guy talked to her. You can't have everything in a woman. I can't stand these really fit musclature looking women. I am a man....I don't need my girl showing me how it is done in the gym or in bed for that matter. Id rather go for the scrawny girl....their usually more timid and you can really show her how she is supposed to be treated by a man.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:04 PM

22,414 posts, read 29,543,565 times
No, I go right up to them

Old 12-24-2012, 06:58 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,188,486 times
Quote:
Agreed. I've seen these straight guys that I thought had to be gay wearing nice good looking clothes and had some muscles. Then his girl walks in and start kissing. I guess he could be bi. OP....I think females think your gay. Most gay guys will look real stylish and try to show off their physique...straight guys throw on a polo that was on the ground 2 days ago before going to a club or bar.
lmao.

I have friends like that, especially in college. But me, I coordinate what I'm going to wear at least 3 or 4 days before that night I go out. Outfit gotta be coordinated, all the way down to the socks. Hair and beard done no more than 2 days before that night.

I do what I does.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:15 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,279,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
lmao.

I have friends like that, especially in college. But me, I coordinate what I'm going to wear at least 3 or 4 days before that night I go out. Outfit gotta be coordinated, all the way down to the socks. Hair and beard done no more than 2 days before that night.

I do what I does.
Well I guess if you put in that much effort and your getting some or something similiar then by all means. For the OP though....its not woring out. Lol

Old 12-24-2012, 07:22 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,955,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
lmao.

I do what I does.
Just shows you how much we have devalued men's grooming and appearance standards. "Do you dress up? You must be gay."

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,672,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Just shows you how much we have devalued men's grooming and appearance standards. "Do you dress up? You must be gay."

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Agreed.

Of course, I think a lot of people simply won't ask a man to dress nicer because they're afraid of being called naggy or too demanding. I asked my ex to dress in something besides tennis shirts and shorts for a Holiday part we were supposed to be going to and he flipped out calling me too demanding and that he 'didn't feel comfortable in slacks and a button up shirt'. I went to that party alone.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:12 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,420,169 times
It is proven that the top of the heap (9s and 10s) do make people nervous. Some of them complain they are alone more than they'd like to be, but they could be levying some heavy criteria on who they want around them. On the other hand, more regular folks look at them with an "I don't think they'd want to hang around with me" vibe. And they're probably right. What I've seen is that extremely attractive people have been coddled and reinforced by their parents, friends, and society that gives them a sense of entitlement for which they did not have to roll up their sleeves to obtain. If you want to enter their world and subject yourself with more stringent, superficial criteria, then be my guest. Personally, I find that there are more normal looking people with reasonable social abilities that make for a better use of one's time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships