Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 11:48 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
Do you know why people get scammed? IT doesn't take much to capture their simple attention spans. You can say anything on this forum and you guys fall in line like sheep waiting to get slaughtered.

You guys aren't even a challenge. It's sh*ts and giggles for me.
Get outta here, bro.

Everyone knows you were serious. Don't lie.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:51 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Men...why is this? Are you genuinely so clueless?

Women - is this proof that they think about us, way more than we think about them?

Discuss.

News flash : Some people create threads to engage in a discussion and in the process is an education process for everyone involved. A wise person once said : Never be afraid to ask a question if you are unsure about something.

"Clueless" as you call it, is when someone asks the same questions many times and doesn't learn or take on board the answers.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:55 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Ah, the MJ gif.

Well done. Well done.

It was perfect time for it

Saying "women approach men" is like saying "people win the lottery", I suppose it's true in a technical sense...

Old 12-24-2012, 12:30 AM

206 posts, read 269,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Women approach men. We ask them out. And some of us know how freaken scary it is.

There's always an exception to the rule.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:31 AM

206 posts, read 269,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I think this is 'proof' that men think about sex and hate the opposite gender way more than gals do as in my opinion most of the threads by guys are about sex or gender-bashing so it's more of objectifying gals not thinking about gals.
I think this is 'proof' that you've read some feminist drivel and are now regurgitating it on a message board.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:18 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I am enjoying my popcorn.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:31 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Men...why is this? Are you genuinely so clueless?

Women - is this proof that they think about us, way more than we think about them?

Discuss.

I will personally start a thread looking for advice because it is not like I have a father to go to to ask for advice because he is dead and also based on his relationship with my mother I think he'd be the last person I want relationship advice from. My mother is not a good candidate either because I don't want to tell her my business and she....God Bless her...hasn't made the best decisions in relationships.

Here at least I have some people who have a more solid track record in relationships to bounce ideas off of.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:43 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I will personally start a thread looking for advice because it is not like I have a father to go to to ask for advice because he is dead and also based on his relationship with my mother I think he'd be the last person I want relationship advice from. My mother is not a good candidate either because I don't want to tell her my business and she....God Bless her...hasn't made the best decisions in relationships.

Here at least I have some people who have a more solid track record in relationships to bounce ideas off of.
mmm questionable.

There are definitely some forums out there that have good advice about dating. This is not one of them.

This forum is like a train wreck. I really don't want to look at it, but I just can't help myself.

I would say that this forum is 90% people whining and awful advice. A few posters do give good advice (and many of those end up leaving or they just simply get bored of giving advice that nobody listens to so they stop trying).

Old 12-24-2012, 04:00 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
mmm questionable.

There are definitely some forums out there that have good advice about dating. This is not one of them.

This forum is like a train wreck. I really don't want to look at it, but I just can't help myself.

I would say that this forum is 90% people whining and awful advice. A few posters do give good advice (and many of those end up leaving or they just simply get bored of giving advice that nobody listens to so they stop trying).
Then leave if thats how you feel. I wouldn't stay If I shared your opinion.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:20 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Because men generally have to do the chasing, statistically more will experience rejection. It's also usually the woman who initiates divorce. Women also generally have better support networks when it comes to dealing with rejection, loneliness or relationship problems.

So I'm not surprised that a lot of guys come here to vent or seek advice. They probably have no one else to talk to and society still expects you to "man up" rather than show any form of weakness.
Qft, you nailed it 100%.

I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships