Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,683,913 times

Advertisements

I think more men turn to the internet for help than women.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:13 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Because men generally have to do the chasing, statistically more will experience rejection. It's also usually the woman who initiates divorce. Women also generally have better support networks when it comes to dealing with rejection, loneliness or relationship problems.

So I'm not surprised that a lot of guys come here to vent or seek advice. They probably have no one else to talk to and society still expects you to "man up" rather than show any form of weakness.

Great post man, very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Read my next line....

No offense Brahma, but you seriously come off as one of those guys that fits the

low self-esteem category. I picked up it after only a couple of posts. Can you imagine how

fast some of these women can pick it up? They are like sharks when it comes to sensing fear and

desperation in a man.

Please do yourself a favor and get out and have some fun. Screw the relationship thing dude.

Just get out and start meeting people. And find you some friends that have the balls to tell you the

truth dude.

Oh boy another "make friends and meet people" post. How many times do I have to post that I go out all the time, make friends everywhere I go and have a very active social life?

Old 12-23-2012, 09:13 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,268,515 times
Quote:
Because men generally have to do the chasing, statistically more will experience rejection. It's also usually the woman who initiates divorce. Women also generally have better support networks when it comes to dealing with rejection, loneliness or relationship problems.

So I'm not surprised that a lot of guys come here to vent or seek advice. They probably have no one else to talk to and society still expects you to "man up" rather than show any form of weakness.
That's so true, when I went to get mine there were about 40 women in the court waiting room and 5 guys.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:15 PM

599 posts, read 2,591,600 times
Quote:

Thats the best post I've read in a while.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post

As a woman, this is what you have to do to have tons of options

- Exercise a few times a week
- Take care of yourself
- Dress decent
- Don't act like a complete retard

That's all it takes

As a man, you can be good looking, rich, a great guy, in great shape and still be forever alone if you're a little bit shy or don't have friends who know a bunch of single girls. Women don't go on the internet for help because they don't need it

Old 12-23-2012, 09:17 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,821,688 times
Someone get this bull under control.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:18 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,614,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Great post man, very true

Oh boy another "make friends and meet people" post. How many times do I have to post that I go out all the time, make friends everywhere I go and have a very active social life?

You have a serious issue with rejection. Guys that have healthy social lives don't

normally say the things you have said. Like I said earlier.

Desperation will get you absolutely NOWHERE.

Neither will COMPLAINING. Get out there and make it happen

dude. If they don't want you then SCREW THEM. Keep it moving.

If I were your friend and we were beside each other I would SMACK THE **** OUT OF YOU.

Have some confidence in yourself dude. You are better than this.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:19 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,178,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
As a woman, this is what you have to do to have tons of options

- Exercise a few times a week
- Take care of yourself
- Dress decent
- Don't act like a complete retard

That's all it takes

As a man, you can be good looking, rich, a great guy, in great shape and still be forever alone if you're a little bit shy or don't have friends who know a bunch of single girls. Women don't go on the internet for help because they don't need it
In theory, but what you're saying is pretty generic. If you want to be with a certain kind of person then you are going to have to be that certain kind of person yourself to be in proximity to begin with.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:20 PM

599 posts, read 2,591,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post

Right, most women talk to their friends about feelings, and what things are disturbing them in life.

Most guys find hard to express their feeling in real life, They hardly would talk about it in real life with another dude, not even close. In this point friendship between males is usually more superficial, about laughing, drinking and having fun, but they avoid showing weakness and of course wouldnt even consider talk about feelings in the ways women do. The easier way to have a release of those frustrations is turn on the computer and start threads...

Old 12-23-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
In theory, but what you're saying is pretty generic. If you want to be with a certain kind of person then you are going to have to be that certain kind of person yourself to be in proximity to begin with.

What do you mean? I am not super demanding, just want somebody who is cute and a good person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.