Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 12:46 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Wow the sex must be good

Crazy what some women will put themselves through for a piece of meat. SMH.

OP, this guy needs to be helping you out with the bills. Otherwise get rid of him and find someone that

can actually contribute more to the relationship than just physically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 12:46 PM

599 posts, read 2,593,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I don't see a problem here. We live in times where women are liberated, so it's fine if they pay the bills. Think of it as getting back at men who in the past chauvinistically insisted that they were the ones who had to pay the bills.
Wtf are you talking about? If that was the case then l should start killing religious people to give it back what they have done with non believers across the history (murdered and killed). We should see people as individuals, and judge for what they have done themselves, not for what their gender was used to do (partly because men also agreed with those practices) 50 years ago.

Also we cannot consider practices of the past as,being reasonable to copy, the whole humanity was dumber 100 years ago than its now, and it will probably be more evoluted in next decades.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:50 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
hm... you know, OP, most guys would offer to contribute to monthly expenses. Are you sure this guy really cares for you?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-24-2012 at 01:16 PM..

Old 12-24-2012, 12:58 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,165,933 times
Three options:

1. Get a new room mate
2. Collect rent from boyfriend
3. One of you leaves

Old 12-24-2012, 01:05 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,054 times
OP, I'm not sure why you're living with a guy after only six months. That said, he has no reason to change. He's getting free room, free board and free naked fun time.

This is a situation that only you can change. How any self-respecting male can live in a situation like that I don't know, but I do know you have found one. Kick his *ss out. I don't care if you "love" him. He's not worth your time.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:15 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,296 times
Can I move in too?

Can I bring my cats?

Old 12-24-2012, 01:48 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
If this were about a woman living rent-free with a man, there probably wouldn't be much reaction. Stereotypes are alive and well. Personally, I wouldn't have a woman live with me if she didn't contribute, so I think it fair that he help with bills, or leave.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:12 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
If this were about a woman living rent-free with a man, there probably wouldn't be much reaction. Stereotypes are alive and well. Personally, I wouldn't have a woman live with me if she didn't contribute, so I think it fair that he help with bills, or leave.
What man would post such a thread? Really this had nothing to do with stereotyping at all. Double standard? You bet! But life is filled with double standards.

Op, it is ultimatum time. Tell him to pay up or step out. (My guess is, you will never see a dime from him.)

Old 05-10-2017, 04:38 AM

1 posts, read 784 times
Default no freeloading here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I don't see a problem here. We live in times where women are liberated, so it's fine if they pay the bills. Think of it as getting back at men who in the past chauvinistically insisted that they were the ones who had to pay the bills.
its absolutely a problem when one person is covering all the expenses, a man has no reason to freeload off a woman. What kind of man is he to do that?? what if the woman is a single mother and is living off her savings to get by.... should he be living off her ?? whats his excuse for not working and paying bills?? Is he the one who had children and has to take time off work to stay home? does he get employment insurance to do so? These days everything is expensive and both should be contributing to helping each other.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:40 AM

1,112 posts, read 884,257 times
Silly little girl...in so many ways.

Mae
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships