Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 04:31 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Where did I say I don't give a shyte about what? I stated the men here try to say they don't care. I very much so give a shyte about men trashing on women online. It's my thing. It's mostly why I come to this sub-forum.
Not reaaallllly trying to involve myself here but I've gotta say.. it's 50/50. There's a lot of female posters in this sub-forum that are clearly man-haters. I think it's the same for bitter people of both genders: they get scorned and instead of picking themselves up, dusting themselves off, and moving on without any hard feelings, they hold on to their anger for some strange reason. Not every relationship you have in life is going to work, not everyone you date is going to turn out to be the person you marry. Accept it, and move forward.

We're all glad that you have a great marriage but remember that it's always possible that one day you'll be here posting about a problem and won't want people rubbing in your face how wonderful their relationships are and shoving the assertion that because you're having a problem or are single there 'must be something wrong with you' down your throat. I'm single because I want to be at this juncture in my life, not because I have weird personality issues or am a blubbering idiot when I talk to guys. What's right for one isn't always right for another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 04:33 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The point of this thread, tho, is that if you want that person on trajectory A, but you're not on it yourself, well, there's no point in complaining if that person is not available to you. And certainly no reason to blame that person.
So what if both parties are on trajectory A, but one person is still not available to the other. Would it then be okay to wage a complaint or blamestorm?

Old 12-24-2012, 04:33 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Not reaaallllly trying to involve myself here but I've gotta say.. it's 50/50. There's a lot of female posters in this sub-forum that are clearly man-haters. I think it's the same for bitter people of both genders: they get scorned and instead of picking themselves up, dusting themselves off, and moving on without any hard feelings, they hold on to their anger for some strange reason. Not every relationship you have in life is going to work, not everyone you date is going to turn out to be the person you marry. Accept it, and move forward.

We're all glad that you have a great marriage but remember that it's always possible that one day you'll be here posting about a problem and won't want people rubbing in your face how wonderful their relationships are and shoving the assertion that because you're having a problem or are single there 'must be something wrong with you' down your throat. I'm single because I want to be at this juncture in my life, not because I have weird personality issues or am a blubbering idiot when I talk to guys. What's right for one isn't always right for another.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:

Cannot rep you.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:34 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,676 times
@ Braunwyn

There are also plenty of women trashing men on this site, but I don't see you doing anything but contributing to that. In fact, you know as well as the rest of us that this thread was meant as another jab at the fellers' on this forum who you seem to continually bash and look down on. I'm actually quite surprised that a lot of what is posted here by you and others is even allowed.

It's Christmas anyway. To put it bluntly, why not be nice to people? That goes to you and to others who contribute to misandry or misogony

Old 12-24-2012, 04:36 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,676 times
Quote:

Bravo!

Old 12-24-2012, 04:38 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
LOL now you're trying to act all cool. But yeah, you do get very ruffled. You're just pulling it back now because I'm calling you out on your bullsh*t.

Based on the PMs I've been getting from this convo, it's apparent to many people. It's cute that you're trying to hide it though.
*SMH* Those are the worst sort of people. Really, how much more of a coward can they possibly become if they can't even openly state their opinions on an online forum?

Old 12-24-2012, 04:41 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Lol I don't think I've ever seen someone so obsessed with "winning" on the Internet. I'm taking about arguing for 20,30,40 pages on a topic on a damn message board. Pretty much nonstop "No im right your wrong" Its NOWHERE near that serious lol

And Kimbo pretty much nailed it. Happy holidays everyone though

Old 12-24-2012, 04:44 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
I really don't know what my problem is at this point. I have a great job now, but I can't meet any decent women in my new city. Maybe its because I now live in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City is the single mother capital of the U.S. I don't have a big problem with that EXCEPT I want to have my own family. This is a major stumbling block now because of my age. I'm just not attractive to women in their early 30's, evidently, despite the fact that I have a great career, look young, am in shape, NO BAGGAGE (I worked through emotional baggage and have no kids), blah, blah, blah. It doesn't matter. I'm in the wrong city now AND I'm introverted, so I don't meet people everywhere I go. This is one lonely Christmas, and probably just one of many to come for years.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:45 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Here we go again.

Some people DON'T want a relationship. They might have at one time. They are practical. They've done the math/probability analysis. They've looked at the "funnel" analogy. I know many people who are decent looking, are sufficiently educated, and have decent jobs ... and they're NOT looking.

They have their friends, their families, their hobbies and special interests, their continuing education requirements, their pets, and their travels.

I am wondering why there is a rash of these "see, here's what the problem with you is" threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships