Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 05:18 PM

662 posts, read 1,259,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
Yeah. That is exactly what I am saying. If the sex is bad, there is no chance for a relationship. I think guys need to learn that we are not ATM's. Times have changed.
Lets face it sex is a big part of a relationship and if it sucks then why bother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 05:19 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
So if you were to avoid me because of my unwillingness to spend.money on you before we had established a.relationship, would that make you a gold digger or worse?

I said avoid you because of what Jet said: you sound like yet another guy that equates getting sex with how much money you spend on the woman....in case it hasn't occurred to you, you should spend the money if that's what you WANT to do -- not because you're waiting for something in return. I wouldn't ever be a gold digger, because I don't get men to pay for anything, because of the mentality you displayed. I wouldn't even let him buy me a $2.50 Sunday newspaper let alone anything else. It's not worth it, if a woman can pay her own way, she needs to.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:37 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I feel kind of insulted being called desperate.
I understand why you feel insulted but I dont think jasper meant it that way. I agree with her/him/it though. Just chill out and take life as it comes for a while and see how things pan out. You're young, pretty and have a good job so I'm sure the right man will come along eventually. It might be next month or it might be next October, just be patient. You might even go so far as to take some "me time". Hang out with friends, learn a foreigen language, take violin lessons.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:43 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,964,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I said avoid you because of what Jet said: you sound like yet another guy that equates getting sex with how much money you spend on the woman....in case it hasn't occurred to you, you should spend the money if that's what you WANT to do -- not because you're waiting for something in return. I wouldn't ever be a gold digger, because I don't get men to pay for anything, because of the mentality you displayed. I wouldn't even let him buy me a $2.50 Sunday newspaper let alone anything else. It's not worth it, if a woman can pay her own way, she needs to.
Then we are saying the same thing!

Old 12-27-2012, 07:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
To me, if you have not had sex yet you are still just friends. I am not in a habit of paying for my friends' dinner, drinks, coffee, etc. After you have sex, you can determine if this is a person worth pursuing a relationship with. Paying for a prostitue is fine, but that is just paying for sex.
I pay for my friends dinner, drinks, coffee etc. all the time... it's called being a good friend. They pay for me sometimes, I pay for them sometimes. I got a good bonus at work one year so I took a few of my friends out and paid for everything to say thank you for supporting me while I was working long hours.

I guess I don't do things just because I might get something in return, I do nice things for people because I like them.

I wonder how you feel about the number of sex partners a woman has had...because if most people slept with anyone who might be relationship material, the number would be quite high in many cases. I hope this wouldn't bother you.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Well the other guy called me tonight and said he just doesn't see things going anywhere...I guess at least he told me and didn't just ghost, but I seriously give up.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Well the other guy called me tonight and said he just doesn't see things going anywhere...I guess at least he told me and didn't just ghost, but I seriously give up.
I don't get it,you have a cool username,you come across nicely here and you're attractive.I'm stumped!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
To me, if you have not had sex yet you are still just friends. I am not in a habit of paying for my friends' dinner, drinks, coffee, etc. After you have sex, you can determine if this is a person worth pursuing a relationship with. Paying for a prostitue is fine, but that is just paying for sex.
Quote:
Yeah. That is exactly what I am saying. If the sex is bad, there is no chance for a relationship. I think guys need to learn that we are not ATM's. Times have changed.
Quote:
So if you were to avoid me because of my unwillingness to spend.money on you before we had established a.relationship, would that make you a gold digger or worse?
Actually I am looking for a person that shows generosity. You have just confirmed that it isn't in your nature.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Actually I am looking for a person that shows generosity. You have just confirmed that it isn't in your nature.
Ironically it appears in his last name $$Dollar$$

Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
I don't get it,you have a cool username,you come across nicely here and you're attractive.I'm stumped!
The only thing I can think of (other than some quirk we don't know of) is the men that she is most attracted to have enough options that they aren't ready to settle down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships