Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 02:12 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,970 times

Advertisements

The holidays are always a confusing time when it comes to stuff like this. This is one time I would encourage you to be extra patient, and not read too much into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 02:21 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
While I don't like games per se.... I think with all our BS about political correctness and all, men still wanna do the pursuing and no matter what they say, they don't want a woman to give up the booty too soon......

Cause if she's giving up the booty too soon to you.... she's giving up the booty too soon to other men.....

Sorry if that sounds sexist... but it's most likely the fact....... a man wants to feel like he's earned his woman.....

Every other species makes the male go through hoops to "mate" ... don't know why the female human should be much different.....

Old 12-25-2012, 02:35 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
...... a man wants to feel like he's earned his woman.....
I'd say it's probably more like he wants to feel like he's special to his woman. He doesn't want to feel like he's just one in a crowd of guys getting her goodies.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'd say it's probably more like he wants to feel like he's special to his woman. He doesn't want to feel like he's just one in a crowd of guys getting her goodies.
Yes, but why wouldn't a woman want to feel the same way? She wants to feel like he enjoys her company and isn't hanging out with her just until she takes her pants off. She wants to feel like he isn't just jumping from woman to woman.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That too.......

Old 12-25-2012, 02:37 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Every other species makes the male go through hoops to "mate" ... don't know why the female human should be much different.....
Get building, boys!

Just watch out for the sprouting fungus.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yes, but why wouldn't a woman want to feel the same way? She wants to feel like he enjoys her company and isn't hanging out with her just until she takes her pants off. She wants to feel like he isn't just jumping from woman to woman.
I agree... thats why a man should spend time with a woman before hit just gets the "goodies" as ruth said.... and spend time with her afterwards..... this whole mating dance shouldn't be this complicated............

But alas.... we live in the age of quick booty calls and whatever......

I'm glad I'm not single anymore... wouldn't know how to act.....

Old 12-25-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I agree... thats why a man should spend time with a woman before hit just gets the "goodies" as ruth said.... and spend time with her afterwards..... this whole mating dance shouldn't be this complicated............

But alas.... we live in the age of quick booty calls and whatever......

I'm glad I'm not single anymore... wouldn't know how to act.....
Precisely. But the guys in some of these threads make it seem like hanging out with a woman, paying for dinner or coffee here and there etc. makes a woman an entitled gold digger.

You're very lucky you're not single... I've been having a lot of trouble navigating the dating world the last few years.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:41 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Women do feel this same way. The problem though is that women hop into bed with a man before getting to known him well enough. A man will hit it regardless, so it is up to us to assess his his intentions and character. Yes we may still get burned from time to time, but jumping into bed after a couple of dates is just begging for trouble.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Women do feel this same way. The problem though is that women hop into bed with a man before getting to known him well enough. A man will hit it regardless, so it is up to us to assess his his intentions and character. Yes we may still get burned from time to time, but jumping into bed after a couple of dates is just begging for trouble.
Absolutely agreed! But according to the men here, if she isn't naked by date 3, she's just leading him on and using him for free food and drinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships