Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 01:20 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Thanks. And I have not. I use FB to keep up with people and forums like this for social interaction when I'm bored. What can I say? I'm easily entertained.
Haha yeah so do I, but Im not opposed to meeting someone off of one of these things. People are more genuine (whether it be good or bad) on these kinds of sites than on dating sites, in my experience.

While nothing beats meeting people in person, this, to me, seems like the next best thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,452 times
Would any females be interested in analyzing what I would put in an online profile? I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:48 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Would any females be interested in analyzing what I would put in an online profile? I'd appreciate it, thanks.
YES. I love analyzing things.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:41 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Haha yeah so do I, but Im not opposed to meeting someone off of one of these things. People are more genuine (whether it be good or bad) on these kinds of sites than on dating sites, in my experience.

While nothing beats meeting people in person, this, to me, seems like the next best thing.
I agree. I think on site like this where one is not specifically looking to impress someone else, unlike an online dating site, they are going to be more likely to let their real personality shine through. I'm sure, for example, if I changed my profile to say that I attend a kickboxing class twice a week and live and breathe for hiking weather, as opposed to only exercising 1-2 a week as it states now, I'd get a lot more attention. That's what sells in this area but the truth is I exercise because I know it's good for me but other than a nice bike ride, I hate it. In fact, after a good workout, I just want to throw up and take a nap. Or, depending on the time of day, eat enough to feed a small village. Here, someone posts a thread about fitness and I can say I hate it and people will still "talk" to me.

Several years ago, I met a group of women I'd been posting on a forum with for years. I've seen a couple of them again since then. Had a few dates many moons ago with guys I "met" in an AOL chatroom. So I'm not opposed to meeting someone from an online forum; it's just not my primary purpose for being here.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:13 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,769,668 times
Online profiles are sooo boring. I go straight to the pictures. The best profiles I've seen are if they say something wacky, like they have clear reasons to believe the zombie apocalypse isn't going to happen, or if they say something interesting or funny. But otherwise, I can't remember all those details about someone unless I talk to them and they tell me personally.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:35 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
YES. I love analyzing things.

I messaged you.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:43 PM

681 posts, read 618,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Your girlfriend is SO LUCKY. Not only is she deemed "boring" by her man but he continues to go on POF despite being in a relationship! Where does the line to date you start?
Well, it's about time that Kimbo finally realizes and appreciates the quality of men that we have here on line! Good job!

Old 01-01-2013, 05:02 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Wow. You just made 2 million women with online dating profiles wince. Hot women on match.com get contacted 50 times a day, and are really making every possible effort to weed out the keepers from the losers. So it may not matter to you what her profile says. But it sure as hell matters to her.
I think you are a woman.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 PM

438 posts, read 1,530,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Online dating is mostly a waste of time, especially for men.
^^^ This !!

Especially sites like POF and OKC the guy girl ratio is probably like 30-1 and that's why so many plain Jane women thinks they're the best thing since sliced bread because all the attention they get on these sites.

Trying to real a girl in via messages on these sites can be like like trying to catch a sword fish with a homemade fishing rod made out of chopsticks and dental floss. The dialog goes like this....You "hey how are you" , Her "good and you?" Random dude # 1 to her "hey how are you" Her "good and you?" Random due # 2,3,4.... "Hey how are you? ,"How you doooin? " What's up baby" and by the time you send another message she swept away in a see of sausage, never to be heard from again.

But it's a false sense of security because many guys just copy and past the same messages to practically every girl on there like a spammer or something and they're just looking for anyone to respond. And most of these guys aren't even really interested any way, the just want to get laid and they will lay just about any women with a head two arms and two legs that isn't over weight.

And if you happen to get to date with a girl she'll already have 50 new dudes emailing her by the end of your date, at least 3-4 will spark her interest and before you know she's already dating them, rinse and repeat, over and over again.

Nothing screams shallow, super picky, high maintenance, gold digging, attention wh@re more than a profile of a hot girl on a free dating site, sorry that's reality.

Last edited by Lost Leaf; 01-02-2013 at 11:31 PM..

Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
i think ill stick to good old "talking to people" instead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships