Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 06:14 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I am no victim lol I am perfectly happy, financially stable and really enjoy life being a single parent is amazing, I get all his love attention kisses and hugs its perfect for me.

I was annoyed at the things that were said earlier about my son again you'd need to read back. It was between my and another poster then as usual the others jump on the band wagon I mean common, I'm finding it a bit time consuming replying to all your negativity and abuse
You say you aren't a victim and then falsely accuse me of abuse? I never attacked you personally, just the hypocrisy in your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 06:14 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Actually I read the posts and it seemed like you were angry because some men questioned the man you had a child with. I can't say I blame them because if I was a man I would want to know why a woman had a child with a certain woman, just like I would question that if I dated single dads.The women I know who had kids who weren't married (not saying this is you)were idiots and had kids with men they knew wouldn't stick around. I would advise any guy I know to avoid them because stupidity isn't admirable.
I actually had my child with a male

and to me you seem to try a little too hard to fit in with the men on here plus you have serious issues with single fathersmaybe your bitter and have been rejected by a few?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
You say you aren't a victim and then falsely accuse me of abuse? I never attacked you personally, just the hypocrisy in your posts.
I am most certainly not a victim. I do not play the victim I'm much stronger than that

Old 01-05-2013, 06:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Single moms in the real world also realize that some men are gonna turn them down on the basis of being a single parent and accept that and keep it moving. They also do not berate people who state this fact either.
Very true Dissenter, everyone is entitled to there own preference.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Ya damn skippy!

This is absolutely priceless. So people who don't want to date you or tell you their honest opinion hate you. priceless. What is funny is that you are crying for tolerance as a single mom but you show no tolerance for any viewpoint that differs from you.
I'm sorry but since I'm from the UK I have no idea what skippy means? Would you care to explain?

Lol I was not saying they hate me personally although I'm sure I'm not the most popular on here tonight, I was saying there are some pretty hateful comment being said about single parents on here, I should not have put single mothers but single parents

Old 01-05-2013, 06:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I actually had my child with a male

and to me you seem to try a little too hard to fit in with the men on here plus you have serious issues with single fathersmaybe your bitter and have been rejected by a few?
No, I have rejected single dads. In fact I have rejected more men than they have rejected me. I don't have serious issues with single dads I don't date them. As for trying to fit in with the men, I post my opinions and will not defend a woman because she is a woman. I defend who is right (or I assume to be right).

Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,276 times
Single moms love me actually.

I've been lucky to keep my youthful mid to late 20's looks going into my 40s. I've also kept my body fit and I still have stamina which they really dig! Funny thing is, I can fool most of the cougarlicious types into believing I'm a young whippersnapper! Can't complain really when there are tons of these single moms who rediscover their curiosity for chocolate! It makes me a prime target for their affections. The daughters of these moms who in their 20's all over the board don't want a thing to with me. Mom though, in her mid-late 40's, early 50s can't get enough of me. Sometimes the daughters who have kids, but have been divorced or separated just like gramma, look my way. They usually don't if they are childless.

I will honestly entertain a few of these ladies but I rarely stay involved with any of them. Why should I really? My short black self wasn't good enough for them when they were young, prime and ready to breed so why all of a sudden am I good enough now? The tall, dark and handsomes have no use for them that's why!!! They have no choice but to look my way if they want any sort of male attention.

Some single moms just want really good sex that they haven't had since leaving the courthouse. There's no house full of kids so it means they can get loud without waking the neighbours. Some cougar moms compare who's got the better boy toy LOL! The overtly sexually liberated ones sometimes share all the boy-toy treats with the other worthy cougar constituents. Others want the good sex with financial assistance on top of that. They need my money to keep the kids outta the house LOL! The rest of the single mons don't care about the sex because they've sexed themselves out. They just want companionship, good conversation and some financial assistance.

The moms without a care in the world of getting hurt are the ones who just want my body and nothing more. They've endured enough pain through their broken marriages and relationships so I'm just a treat to them, whether I stay or not. The ones who keep coming back for more are the ones who realize I'm the "nice guy" that they passed up many times over in their past for the a**hole. They won't dare let me get out of their grasp now in their lives because I'm almost too good to be true even though I am.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawandorder0 View Post
As a single guy without kids, i tend to avoid getting involved with single mothers. Can anyone out there maybe give me some advantages to dating someone with a child? Maybe an example of why it shouldn't bother me?

Or, should someone my age just continue to avoid single mothers? I just think im closing doors on what may be a very good relationship.
1. None.
2. None.
3. None.

You get the idea.

It shouldn't bother you, but there are no advantages to this.

Avoid single mothers. They should be getting of POF and whatnot and raising their kids.

I was a stepkid 2x (only one steppdad I'd admit to in person, even at gunpoint) and I would not dare allow myself to get wedged into someone else's family "unit" or what is left of one.

Men aren't that hard to please. Really. Despite what most women think, that much is true. So, I look at it this way from personal experience. Either momma ran off her child's father for whatever lousy reason (dad got a bum rap) or she made bad choices in regards to who she knocked boots with (everyone after dad who was a "bad boy" loser type). I got to see both growing up.

YOU will not win in this.

When you have your own family, you will be third behind her and the kids, which is fine, because you're not raising kids to put yourself first. You're behind babydaddy (IF only one) right off the bat in such a relationship, whether you like it or not.

So, if you want to try this, first ask yourself why she parted ways with babydaddy if he's a law abiding guy or ask yourself why she chose so poorly if he's a complete loser in life.

You want none of that.

I know, I know, someone will bring in a situation with a widow. So what? A guy will lose just because babydaddy was taken from her before it was time. If she isn't over that, you lose.

I had a 41-year old lady who wanted to date me a couple of years ago for some reason. I was told she that she was "a good woman". Yeah, well, after looking at her Facebook when she added me and doing the math, she had two kids that shared her and her ex-hubby's last name. Fair enough. Then I saw two other sons that both had different last names who grew up on the east coast with her while it looked like the older two grew up with other family nearish to where I live now. Say what?

No dice. Father's day must suck for them.

Last edited by AlfredB1979; 01-10-2013 at 10:48 AM..

Old 01-11-2013, 08:48 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What? Are you kidding? Its the reality of the net.

The real world dates single mom's.
I agree. While many men are online saying they'll never date a single mother, and in robertpolygot's cause, he's wanting to deduce who is to blame in a prior relationship that has nothing to do with him, the reality is out in real life, single parents are dating, and even marrying others with or without kids. All the single mothers/parents in the world aren't lowering their standards and just taking whatever they can get, simply because they have a child.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I agree. While many men are online saying they'll never date a single mother, and in robertpolygot's cause, he's wanting to deduce who is to blame in a prior relationship that has nothing to do with him, the reality is out in real life, single parents are dating, and even marrying others with or without kids. All the single mothers/parents in the world aren't lowering their standards and just taking whatever they can get, simply because they have a child.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships