Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 07:44 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
To raise a child alone takes someone very special indeed!!

Bah! It just takes a sense of humor and good nutrition to keep up with the little buggers!

Darn, if my kids aren't taking me on a winter camping trip next weekend. I was dumb enough to start this when they were young. Wanting them to experience the kinds of things a dad would think was a good idea.

Now, at my age, "roughing it" equals having to go outside to get to the resort's restaurant! I think I did too good a job.

Honestly, I think raising children alone is much easier than if your partner is nothing than an anchor on your hip pockets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
To raise a child alone takes someone very special indeed!!
Okay, fine. I was wrong for saying that. For the record, I was raised by a single mother and I thank God Almighty she had the strength and smarts to give me a half decent life even when I acted like a knucklehead.

However, you are acting like I'm a piece of just because I think that parenting is not for me therefore I cannot date a single parent in good conscience knowing that I may down the line have to deal with their kid.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
That is a major component of the point I was trying to make.

Heck, it isn't easy with two parents...I can't imagine doing it singlehandedly.

My (proverbial) hat is off to you.

Thank you

It's tough but it is how it is plus we have fun, we have no one to consider just us.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Okay, fine. I was wrong for saying that. For the record, I was raised by a single mother and I thank God Almighty she had the strength and smarts to give me a half decent life even when I acted like a knucklehead.

However, you are acting like I'm a piece of just because I think that parenting is not for me therefore I cannot date a single parent in good conscience knowing that I may down the line have to deal with their kid.
I'm sorry if I made you feel like that, that wasn't my intention. It's frustrating though because some if us aren't looking for a man to "help" financially or to take the responsibility that some idiot left. We shouldn't be marked the same because we are on our own with a kid. Circumstances are different therefore I feel every individual situation should be treated differently.

Some females take the p**s which in turn looks bad on us all.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
Bah! It just takes a sense of humor and good nutrition to keep up with the little buggers!

Darn, if my kids aren't taking me on a winter camping trip next weekend. I was dumb enough to start this when they were young. Wanting them to experience the kinds of things a dad would think was a good idea.

Now, at my age, "roughing it" equals having to go outside to get to the resort's restaurant! I think I did too good a job.

Honestly, I think raising children alone is much easier than if your partner is nothing than an anchor on your hip pockets.

I agree. Sometimes it's best for the child being on your own.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:37 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,480 times
I personally would never date a single father, because even if he is financially responsible and isn't looking for another mother to his child, that's still baggage to me. I don't want another woman's child to be at the center of his attention and priorities. Sounds selfish, but this is how most people think by nature. I'm sure it's similar for men.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:20 PM

491 posts, read 569,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
I personally would never date a single father, because even if he is financially responsible and isn't looking for another mother to his child, that's still baggage to me. I don't want another woman's child to be at the center of his attention and priorities. Sounds selfish, but this is how most people think by nature. I'm sure it's similar for men.
Nothing wrong with not dating a single father. That's your preference. For some reason there is a problem with not dating single moms which there is nothing wrong with. If men don't want to take care of the kids that her past lover didn't want to care for that's their problem. Apparently their ex's deserve kids and the new man deserves to take care of them....sounds fair...if you're dumb enough to not want kids of your own

Old 01-05-2013, 03:09 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,348 times
I can only tell you to run away from a single mother. Sorry but I had 3 brothers that failed to do that and all three failed.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:24 PM

491 posts, read 569,595 times
Why should you suffer from the parent's last relationship? They just suck at picking a partner

Old 01-05-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Nothing wrong with not dating a single father. That's your preference. For some reason there is a problem with not dating single moms which there is nothing wrong with. If men don't want to take care of the kids that her past lover didn't want to care for that's their problem. Apparently their ex's deserve kids and the new man deserves to take care of them....sounds fair...if you're dumb enough to not want kids of your own
Well said........These threads really bother me......who cares if someone has kids? It's really easy to keep the relationships separate and kids should not be looked at as problems but gifts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships