Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 05:36 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times

Advertisements

I'd hate to see the dating market value of some guys on this forum.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:44 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I'd hate to see the dating market value of some guys on this forum.

Especially the ones over 26. But don't expect them to start discussing their own value on here. They put the numbers very high, I'm sure. What a joke.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:47 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Well, I mean no offense. I was never a "club" girl, even in college, I'd rather go to a small party or hang with a small group, but I wasn't the popular girl.

If you watch "The Big Bang Theory" I'm more an Amy (Mayim Bialik) than a Penny, if that makes sense. I'm the geeky, socially awkward, but cute-in-an-odd-way girl, not the popular hottie.

So, to me, the stereotype of the bar scene is all the guys you run into there are basically like The Situation from Jersey Shore. I know that this isn't true, of course.
I was kidding.

Instead of being offended at the term "douche bag," I called you out on "bar-hop," which is not offensive at all.

Either that went over everybody's head or it was a bad joke.

Regardless, carry on, thread! Nothing to see here.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Especially the ones over 26. But don't expect them to start discussing their own value on here. They put the numbers very high, I'm sure. What a joke.
I'm only 25 baby!

Hell yeah!

Old 12-27-2012, 05:49 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
I'm only 25 baby!

Hell yeah!

But you won't always be. Then when you're 40 and balding, you'll only be good for money, otherwise 'your market value declines.' Shame.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:55 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times
Quote:
I'm only 25 baby!

Hell yeah!

That explains a lot.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I have to agree with this article to some extent. I started to get more women interested in me when I approached my late 20s. All I have to say is many women don't admit but if he is good looking or has money he is a keeper. Fellas is your an average Joe you will go through rejection and dryspells on the regular. Sadly some women do get used up having a couple of babies or two from one guy or more or even worse ruining her finances on education to extravagant materials, end of the day she goes from Mr. Right to Mr. Average Joe. Also note this kind of dating attitude is very common in urban areas like DC or my hometown NYC which I see this attitude all the time.

You usually have good posts so I'll give you a break on this one.

Generally, the guys that get the most girls are the ones that are confident and fun. This goes for high school girls all the way up. Looks and money don't really matter. Any guy you see with a lot of girls and a lot of options has that because they put work in, no matter how good looking or rich they are.

The good looking guys will have girls approach them (I'll give you that because I'm good looking and I do get approached). However, if I just sit back and let the girls come to me, I don't get the girls that I want. Furthermore, they're in the driver's seat and have complete control over the relationship. Since I started approaching a significant amount, I've had a lot more control over my relationships with girls....and I got a lot more confident (which means that the quality of girls that I get is higher)

Old 12-27-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
But you won't always be. Then when you're 40 and balding, you'll only be good for money, otherwise 'your market value declines.' Shame.
Negative.

You're only as old as you feel. As long as you're positive and having a good time, your "market value," as you call it, doesn't decline.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:10 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
You're only as old as you feel. As long as you're positive and having a good time, your "market value," as you call it, doesn't decline.
ooooh, can we quote you on this, on the next "women are over the hill at 26" thread? Or what about on that thread based on the article that says women are suddenly desperate to settle after 30? Yeah, this'll work there.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:23 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times
Quote:
25 with apparently much more life experience than many of the people here twice my age.

Now, go back into your hole and cry about being lonely.
Not lonely. Married with kids and plenty of life experience...that's why I made that comment.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships