Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 05:49 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
Also, why are women so picky? I am not saying a girl should sleep with everybody, but it seems women these days have an unending list of items on a check off list for guys to fill.
These are the types of women that you DO NOT want to end up with anyway. Been there done that!! You will never live up to their expectations no matter how kind, handsome, funny or rich you are and they are complete hypocrites because they themselves fall short in all the categories listed on their own checklists. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED SIR!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 05:52 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
These are the types of women that you DO NOT want to end up with anyway. Been there done that!! You will never live up to their expectations no matter how kind, handsome, funny or rich you are and they are complete hypocrites because they themselves fall short in all the categories listed on their own checklists. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED SIR!!!!!
^^^^^^Best post of the thread!^^^^^^

Humble, meek, grounded, realistic and goodhearted while not a pushover of course are some of the attributes that would go a long way if you could find such women that fits those terms.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:57 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
You need to relax and stop whining.
At least he's not as bad as brahmabull. That dill hole spends more time whining and crying on here then he does actully asking women out. I swear I'm just going to that guy.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
At least he's not as bad as brahmabull. That dill hole spends more time whining and crying on here then he does actully asking women out. I swear I'm just going to that guy.
You know what's worse?

He asked a girl out from here, then didn't go out with her because she wasn't hot enough.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:10 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,302 times
He's been noticeably absent since that whole fiasco.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
Ok, we're going to need a picture.
I've been asking him for a pic. Lol

Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 PM

681 posts, read 618,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
This seems to be something we have in common. I usually get an attractive girl checking me out and I notice it and then make my move on them whether it take one day or a few weeks ect..(When I say a few weeks, it means I'll do small things with or to the woman until I finally get to ask her out) and I always seem to find that they are either married, I have a boyfriend, or they have a few dudes they are already hooking up with or they are plain shallow judging the amount of money I make (Even though I'm paying my bills/rent). I can't find a single woman without other attachments for the life of me...
See and that's just it, I would never tell them how much I make, i think that's kinda personal, now if they were my gf then that would be a different story of course. I definitely empathisize with your situation though.

Quote:
It's pretty hard to not vent about things when this is what the site is for. I think he just needs advice and encouragement. If this was a dating site or him just walking up to some girls and speaking on his troubles then that would be a whole other story. Just because we are seeing him talk about his issues on here in a relationships forum doesn't mean this is how his attitude or vibe is when he goes out into these interactions with women. I am kind of the same way as him. It's hard to just tell people not to 'complain' (it's venting, not complaining by the way) when they walk out of their bedroom each day and their roomate continues dropping feces in front of their door, and no matter how many talks, consequences, or punishments have taken place between the two parties new fecal matter appears each day. This is kind of how it is when no matter what you do the same bad luck or bad situations seem to occur. I don't always place the blame of things on the one who has experienced the trauma or pain of it. Sometimes certain people do actually have bad luck, simple as that. This life is so complex that you cannot just say, "If you do A, B, or C then D will happen, because it happened for me".
That is exactly what I need! It gets hard here sometimes and I am trying to do the best that I can. I just wanted advice, I am not just on here just to ***** and complain because that is counter productive and doesn't really get me anywhere. It's hard when a person keeps trying daily and new things just arn't happening, i feel that these experiences are starting to make me change and instead of being happy go lucky, I am becoming more reserved. In fact, maybe that's the problem. Happy go lucky could equal weakness or being too nice, but if any woman knew me, the would know that I'm not that guy

Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
See and that's just it, I would never tell them how much I make, i think that's kinda personal, now if they were my gf then that would be a different story of course. I definitely empathisize with your situation though.

That is exactly what I need! It gets hard here sometimes and I am trying to do the best that I can. I just wanted advice, I am not just on here just to ***** and complain because that is counter productive and doesn't really get me anywhere. It's hard when a person keeps trying daily and new things just arn't happening, i feel that these experiences are starting to make me change and instead of being happy go lucky, I am becoming more reserved. In fact, maybe that's the problem. Happy go lucky could equal weakness or being too nice, but if any woman knew me, the would know that I'm not that guy

I've been giving you solid advice the entire time.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:19 PM

681 posts, read 618,371 times
Quote:
Well, let's say animals could talk, and the abused ones you see on those commercials came on here talking about how their owner burned them again or hit them with another stick. They wouldn't even be treated with the harshness that your statement bares. I think people would be more sympathetic towards an abused dog than a human single male who's had some bad luck sometimes when I read what some people have to say on here. Some people think, "Oh my God, why do I have to read this kind of stuff again on here?" but yet you can't imagine what that person went through to feel the need to vent it out. Your annoyance at the OP's thread is 1000 times or more less stressful than what he may have went through, so rather than being rude and saying his issues aren't even valid because it annoys you, maybe you should offer advice or simple not read the thread.
Quote:
I'm in the Air Force.

They have a pretty high physical fitness standard. If you can get the herniated disks fixed, then you have a shot (especially if you don't tell them).
Quote:
Also OP, some chicks dig braces. I had braces in high school and it drove some girls crazy.
@RazorRob, thanks man. I am not trying to put down women at all, but it seems that any time a guy needs advice then its a woe is me/another nice guy gone bad thread. I learned a long time ago that nice guys finish last and I get why, they are boring needy insecure etc. I wouldn't like someone like that either so I do get it, but I don't see why women get to be like that. I don't like women that are boring, needy, or insecure either. I try to put up different topics at least.

Captain, Yes i would need to get in shape, at this point, I have been taking epidural steroid shots and I hope these will last, but I was told from now I could not pick up anything that was more than 20 lbs. I have always wanted to fly a fighter plane though. It has been my dream.

The braces do help, I smile way more now and I think that conveys a better sense of self than before. I think braces on chicks on hot too!

Old 12-27-2012, 06:44 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
Quote:
You know what's worse?

He asked a girl out from here, then didn't go out with her because she wasn't hot enough.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships