Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 11:06 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,933,916 times

Advertisements

lol small town is less than 250,000 people?

Jeesh. If people knew how many people who lived in this area they'd say it's less than a blip on the screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 11:06 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,216,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
East Texas, remember? The most boring place on earth according to him.
Oh yeah. What would I do without you, Kimbo?

I think I gave you this advice before op: MOVE!

Old 12-26-2012, 11:08 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,035,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Oh yeah. What would I do without you, Kimbo?

I think I gave you this advice before op: MOVE!
He can't, he has braces and he's worried about finding a new orthodontist.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:09 PM

681 posts, read 615,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Do you mean county instead of country?

If so, I moved from a place with less than 250,000 people in the entire county to get away from the 'small town' mindset. Have you ever thought about leaving? So far, it's the best decision (dating or otherwise) I've ever made.

I did jet, I am tired sorry! and yes it is a small town mindset here! I have though about leaving but I am stuck here until probably 2014

102,076 posts, read 106,933,722 times
Wait, what? Did I mention "eye-raping"? Actually, I was talking mostly about men who are flirtatious when they're married, but the general principle would apply to women who get bolder once they're in a relationship, too.

Well, at least you know if they're eyeballing you, that you're attractive.

Taking matters into your own hands is key. It'll take time. Some men here make the mistake of hanging very high expectations off every encounter with a woman. You'll end up killing yourself if you keep that up. Lighten up, treat it all casually. Before you know if some random woman's worth hanging any hopes at all on, you need to get to "hello" and a convo first, and find out if she has her act together, and if you have anything in common with her. Random strangers aren't worth hanging all your future hopes and dreams on. Capiche?

P.S. LOVE your new maroon color, or purple, whatever it is!

601 posts, read 1,070,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
I just really don't know what to do anymore. I have tried everything, from going to bars and clubs to online dating, to just trying to meet people through friends. I am not desperate or anything, but it just seems that I keep running into the "wrong people". If there is a room full of women and I pick one, you better believe it's gonna somehow be the one with the most emotional baggage which I am tired of. I have also given up on dating overly attractive women. It's not that I can't get them, it's just that I am not going to be their emotional tampon while they treat me like crap just because they think they are god's gift to men so I am looking for an "average girl" and even that has been a challenge.

I had one girl that I was kinda interested in, if anyone remembers the facebook girl that I mentioned a while back well I sent her a pic and she said I was handsome and she always seems interested in my texts and stuff, but I sense fear and anxiety from her, though we have never talked on the phone or anything. Well sure enough, cutie pie tells me today that she is picky because her ex screwed her over(9yr relationship, broke up for 2 yrs) and that now shes cautious and scared to start a new relationship. I told her that love is a risk and that you have to risk it sometimes. I mean is this even something worth pursuing? I am afraid I will just get hurt and disappointed by another woman that doesn't have it together emotionally. I have also ran into two other women this month that flat out told me that they would never get married to anyone again since they were hurt so much. I mean isn't that unfair to generalize a whole gender for a mistake made by the person accepting the relationship? I thought women always had the final

say on whether a relationship started or not.

Also, why are women so picky? I am not saying a girl should sleep with everybody, but it seems women these days have an unending list of items on a check off list for guys to fill. I really wanted to find a wife one day and have kids, but its starting to look like I can just forget about marriage and the only way I am going to have kids is by hooking up with someone in a not so serious relationship which I didn't want to do.

Oh, did I forget to mention the loads of girls that check me out with their bfs? But when they are single, no one looks at me! Wtf? Am I doing something wrong here?
I understand where you coming from! Man in a matter of time, you will meet that special lady but she may come when you least expect it.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
can totally relate to catholic thing meeting people. thats why i scratch my head when people say going to church is one way to met people. coz every catholic church i go to do just that go to mass then go home.
it sure is! I love being catholic, but I have seriously thought of changing to a religion where I can worship god AND being social..does that make me bad?

Old 12-26-2012, 11:12 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,035,202 times
Quote:
it sure is! I love being catholic, but I have seriously thought of changing to a religion where I can worship god AND being social..does that make me bad?
Like the Movementarians?

Old 12-26-2012, 11:13 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,125,995 times
Quote:
Also, why are women so picky? I am not saying a girl should sleep with everybody, but it seems women these days have an unending list of items on a check off list for guys to fill. I really wanted to find a wife one day and have kids, but its starting to look like I can just forget about marriage and the only way I am going to have kids is by hooking up with someone in a not so serious relationship which I didn't want to do.
I had a friend of mine that thought like this and he wasted his 20's and 30's with this perspective. I don't believe in following some sort of script when in comes to finding a mate. At first, you shouldn't be wife-shopping but rather just finding a girl that's fun to be around and enjoys your company and take it from there and if there's anything there , let it develop.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
He can't, he has braces and he's worried about finding a new orthodontist.
it's not just that, though that is a part of it. Its also because i am under a contract for work, I cannot just up and move, on top of that money is a concern and that will take probably 6 months to procure as I will be moving with no friends no network.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships