Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:54 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchew0 View Post
If someone dumped me then sent me a gift, I would be offended. It's like saying I don't want you but I feel bad for you so take this and feel better.
Yup, almost like she's trying to absolve her own guilt or something. That or she's just a bit self-absorbed to think he would even want/welcome a gift from her at this point or be thankful for it.

Move on. You dumped him for a reason. The time to show appreciation for the way he treated you was when you were dating, not after the fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 PM

290 posts, read 567,753 times
Why do people give bad meaning to good gesture? That's probably why some good people don't do good things to others anymore because they don't want other people to give a false meaning behind it.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:19 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
Why do people give bad meaning to good gesture? That's probably why some good people don't do good things to others anymore because they don't want other people to give a false meaning behind it.

You dumped him, you haven't contacted him in 2 weeks and he hasn't contacted you because it's over.

Why would you want to keep picking at that scab. Do you actually think he'd welcome it? If you want to be friendly with him wait a few months and contact him then. Give the guy a chance to get over you before you initiate contact again.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:29 PM

Like what I said on my previous post. I broke up with him through a text message. He never responded. Then a week later, he sent a text saying "blah" whatever that means. I never replied to that.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:34 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
Like what I said on my previous post. I broke up with him through a text message. He never responded. Then a week later, he sent a text saying "blah" whatever that means. I never replied to that.
And you want to still send him a gift? He doesn't want anything from you. Return it and move on. Clearly he has. The last thing I'd want is any sort of gift from someone who I used to date.

Way to stay classy.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:38 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,336 times
Quote:
Hi I was dating a guy for almost 8 months. We never talked about being officially together. Two weeks ago, I finally decided to break up with him. The reason was he was really bad with communicating with me like it would take him a day or two to respond or sometimes he wouldn't respond at all. We have broken up before but we got back together but this time I think its for good. Anyway, before we broke up I already got him a present for Christmas. Should I still give it to him or just return it? We haven't talked in two weeks. I kinda want him to have it because when we were physically together he treated me well. This is the first time that I've paid something for him. He never let me pay for any dates. I just want to show that I appreciate it but I have no plan of getting back together. Thank you.
Ummmm.... absolutely NOT!!! You were never officially together...you broke up because of communication issues...It is over, let it go...Get the money and invest in a well needed massage...and think about the new year...

Old 12-27-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
And you want to still send him a gift? He doesn't want anything from you. Return it and move on. Clearly he has. The last thing I'd want is any sort of gift from someone who I used to date.

Way to stay classy.
I dont know but I felt that he sent that text to open up the communication but I did not reply to it. Like what I said, we never had any other issues except the way he communicates. When were together, he treated me really well but I don't want to get back together tho.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
I dont know but I felt that he sent that text to open up the communication but I did not reply to it. Like what I said, we never had any other issues except the way he communicates. When were together, he treated me really well.
That doesn't change the answer to your gift question.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:59 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times
Wow, you dumped him in a text message? And now you want to send him something that's going to remind him of you all the time? It doesn't sound like you respect him at all.

If there's communication issues, then sending him a gift will be even more confusing for him.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That doesn't change the answer to your gift question.
I understand. I just felt bad because he paid for all our dates and treated me well and I didn't do much for him. I broke up with him instead. Then he sent that "blah" text maybe to start a conversation but I just ignored it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships