Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You dumped him, you haven't contacted him in 2 weeks and he hasn't contacted you because it's over.

Why would you want to keep picking at that scab. Do you actually think he'd welcome it? If you want to be friendly with him wait a few months and contact him then. Give the guy a chance to get over you before you initiate contact again.
I accidentally froze my skin on my finger with liquid nitrogen. Now I have a huge scab that I really wanna pick.

I probably shouldn't though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 12:06 AM

290 posts, read 567,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchew0 View Post
Wow, you dumped him in a text message? And now you want to send him something that's going to remind him of you all the time? It doesn't sound like you respect him at all.

If there's communication issues, then sending him a gift will be even more confusing for him.
At that time that was the only possible way to communicate with him. Breaking up in person? Most likely I wouldn't have been able to because he treats me so well in person that I forget how bad he communicates.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:29 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
At that time that was the only possible way to communicate with him. Breaking up in person? Most likely I wouldn't have been able to because he treats me so well in person that I forget how bad he communicates.
It sounds like you're still hung up on the guy, miss. If that's the case, and you've made a rational decision not to pursue this because it's not the best overall, you should not give the gift. Just let this go.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:54 AM

633 posts, read 723,956 times
Since u already bought the gift before u broke up, OP. you should have mentioned it during the break up.like ask him if he still wants the gift u bought him. But i can understand how u can forget it during the break.up talk.

If it were me though i wont give.it to him. usually i tell the person that i appreciate everything they had done thank them but it will.not just work out between us. when i break, i break up out my face. as mariah carey sang in her song. LOL.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 AM

Thanks to everyone who gave their advice. Unfortunately, I need more help regarding what just happened recently.

Last night I got a couple of texts from him. First text was " Hey there I'm in Vegas! What's up?". Second text, " I miss you".

Should I reply or not? Should I reply just to mention about the gift? I never thought about it before but is getting back an option? Thanks.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Thanks to everyone who gave their advice. Unfortunately, I need more help regarding what just happened recently.

Last night I got a couple of texts from him. First text was " Hey there I'm in Vegas! What's up?". Second text, " I miss you".

Should I reply or not? Should I reply just to mention about the gift? I never thought about it before but is getting back an option? Thanks.
He was likely drunk. Or drinking. Ever hear of drunk texting?

Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober - YouTube

Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
Quote:
Hi I was dating a guy for almost 8 months. We never talked about being officially together. Two weeks ago, I finally decided to break up with him. The reason was he was really bad with communicating with me like it would take him a day or two to respond or sometimes he wouldn't respond at all. We have broken up before but we got back together but this time I think its for good. Anyway, before we broke up I already got him a present for Christmas. Should I still give it to him or just return it? We haven't talked in two weeks. I kinda want him to have it because when we were physically together he treated me well. This is the first time that I've paid something for him. He never let me pay for any dates. I just want to show that I appreciate it but I have no plan of getting back together. Thank you.
I didn't read many responses but I'm going to go with don't give it to him. All it's going to do is reestablish contact and you need to move on with this guy. He wasn't really into you.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
Quote:

Ok, just scrolled up and read this. It sounds like drunk texting. Don't reply and don't get back with him.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
He was likely drunk. Or drinking. Ever hear of drunk texting?

Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober - YouTube
Actually, I would be really surprised that he text me when he was drinking or drunk. I know this guy. The less likely (like never ) you would get hold of him is when he's drinking with his friends or drinking watching sports. He would never call/text anyone or call/text anyone back if he's doing one of those two ( exemptions are friends he invites to join him). Remember I have dealt with this guys communication problem? It's not typical of him to text me while he's having fun drinking and while he's in Vegas? It's not so him.

Last edited by Missganda; 12-28-2012 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Edit

Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 AM

16 posts, read 16,479 times
What teams r they? If it is for the Buccaneers you can send it to me. GO BUCS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships