Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 11:10 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,520,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlurker View Post

I dont want to be with anyone else, cuz Im 37 and time is a tickin, and I love her for true.

Is proposing a good idea or should I move states to be nearer her first?

You need to MEET her first it's great that you have a lot incommon but there has to be an attraction in person first. She might have some things about her that you don't like when you meet her. We all have little pet peeves that can drive other people insane. Stop worrying about how old you are that doesn't matter all that much. Stay where you are don't uproot yourself when you haven't even met her.

There are people who have met & got married in less then a year & are still together 10-15 years later But you haven't met OR anything so that's a BIG no-no. Visit with her take your time & get to know her & her family & friends don't rush into this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 AM

16 posts, read 16,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
If you don't have enough money to buy a roundtrip ticket on Southwest, you really have no business thinking about marriage.

You're 37. You really can't scrape together $250 to meet the person you want to spend the next 50 years with?
goodness me, itd be way more than that , southwest doesnt fly to her state. of course ive looked into it, but its going to cost over $500 and my mom hasnt been well, ive been footing her medical bills. so im lucky to have scraped the money together for next month, plus i wanted to get her a nice gift. but i guess you guys might be right, ill just wait it out.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlurker View Post
I dont want to be with anyone else, because I'm 37 and time is a ticking, and I am really in love with her.
Fixed it for you.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:25 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,800,628 times
Default Nope!

Unless you both are Mormons are something (Sorry, saw 18 and Counting episode), but wait, at LEAST wait until yall meet each other face-to-face TWO times!

Old 12-28-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
Fixed it for you.
I dont think u needed to do that, cuz everyone seemed to understand. But im glad u have more education than me, it must have made u feel real good to change that. im glad making fun of me has added somethin to ur day.

ANd no, we are not mormons.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:44 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,708,393 times
I have to ask the OP: have you ever been in a relationship before? Do you have any points of comparison?

Old 12-28-2012, 11:50 AM

904 posts, read 1,381,378 times
I think that the best answer to your question is:

NO EFFING WAY

It sounds as if you have other priorities than your "girlfriend," so you need to get those things taken care of before you even start thinking about marriage.

Does your mother approve of your "girlfriend"?

Old 12-28-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
I think that the best answer to your question is:

NO EFFING WAY

It sounds as if you have other priorities than your "girlfriend," so you need to get those things taken care of before you even start thinking about marriage.

Does your mother approve of your "girlfriend"?
my mother passed away about 3 weeks ago unfortunately. i had saved the $ to go see her for her bday next month regardless but its been hard to pay the med bills and then the funeril costs

yes i was married in my 20s from 21-26 then it didnt work out so we divorced. ive had a couple gfs since then but never felt liek this.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:56 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,193,692 times
No.

That you even have to ask this means that you shouldn't, never mind the length of time you've been chatting and the fact that you've never so much as been in the woman's presence.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM

206 posts, read 269,092 times
Dude, she could have a penis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships