Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 12:12 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicosal13 View Post
Its kinda of how it is for most women. Girls who would never consider dating out always make exceptions for Mediterranean looking men. I don't think men of any background can float so freely. Obviously white men, with darker skin, hair eyes also seem to be the most attractive men of their groups.

Maybe its ingrained..to have attraction to certain looks. Fine featured dark men. Blonde pale, white women seem to be considered attractive across the board for all races and people.

I had a friend who was a stunning blonde girl from Venezuela and she had so much problems over her looks that she would wear baggy clothes, keep her eyes to the pavement, and had her windows tinted because men would approach her everywhere. She was so overwhelmed that she eventually died her hair, wore no makeup and played down any type of femininity she had.

Now women aren't as aggressive as men can be, so I don't think this type of stuff happens. But I've been in many situations where I have clearly seen somewhat female type aggressive behavior for men who match the opposite. The staring beyond being polite, the group of women snickering, the girlish behavior wringing of hands, high pitched voice, just madness in situations where its clearly not appropriate....like the dentists, chiropractors, church with family members there.

Ill never understand how the whole thing works but Ill say that certain looks, cause certain reactions and can be very strong in breaking society's norms on whats attractive...for certain ethnic groups. By the way as much as women like that look. MEN who dont look like that HATE IT. Try starting fights, staring contests, get possessive in front of their women or are generally rude to show dominance.
I agree with this post. Growing up, the Cuban guys could attract good-looking women. The Mexican guys who did not look like other Spaniards generally did not, but they might attract decent-looking Mexican women. You hit the nail on the head - a traditional Mediterranean male could "float" in either direction - toward a blonde or toward a Kim Kardashian type. I've known Middle Eastern girls who were crazy about finer featured dark haired guys, and were not at all interested in blond men. That way, they got the dark head of hair they were accustomed to, but not the tell-tale ethnic features. And, no folks, this is not stereotyping. They keep studying this kind of stuff. It's basic psychology, anthropology and human sexuality/attraction.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 PM

82 posts, read 121,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I agree with this post. Growing up, the Cuban guys could attract good-looking women. The Mexican guys who did not look like other Spaniards generally did not, but they might attract decent-looking Mexican women. You hit the nail on the head - a traditional Mediterranean male could "float" in either direction - toward a blonde or toward a Kim Kardashian type. I've known Middle Eastern girls who were crazy about finer featured dark haired guys, and were not at all interested in blond men. That way, they got the dark head of hair they were accustomed to, but not the tell-tale ethnic features. And, no folks, this is not stereotyping. They keep studying this kind of stuff. It's basic psychology, anthropology and human sexuality/attraction.
I wont say its like that for all women , but Ive seen situations where girls who clearly were opposite of the men they liked , broke through barriers to get their because the attraction was the defining factor. Race is secondary to what attracts most of us. However denying that their is something that is considered attractive is just not honest.

Smaller featured, dark hair and darker skin just seems to be the alpha type that for whatever reason, crosses racial boundaries. The more polar opposites like black men-white Irish looking men and Asians dont do as well.

Armenians-Persians-Italians-Greeks-Latinos all have similar looks and them having children together would not be much difference in the appearance for their children.

It is what it is and why? who knows but the stats prove something persuasive causes most women who dare not tread in dating an opposite ethnicity to date men who hold those features.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM

599 posts, read 2,593,266 times
Its often the women, the blonder and whiter the women the more they fancy the dark dudes, however most of the times end up with lighter dudes closer to their own appearance.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:24 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Its often the women, the blonder and whiter the women the more they fancy the dark dudes, however most of the times end up with lighter dudes closer to their own appearance.
Well, I'm just a 40ish American woman, so my dating habits may be irrelevant to you, but I tend to go for very dark men when I dye my hair blonde. They make fabulous accessories and aid in keeping my plain appearance balanced and attractive. If I was exotic like all those European women (except the English and Irish, as apparently those countries are no longer part of Europe), I feel sure I'd date the blondest, fairest man in town so as not to overwhelm the masses with my exotic allure.

Just kidding. I always dated men because I liked them. Dating based on coloring alone is best left to vapid, shallow airheads.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:24 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships