Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 06:27 PM

491 posts, read 569,493 times

Advertisements

How can anyone sympathize with the wife? She was having a physical and emotional affair for a year yet get mad when he went to a hooker once. Both cheated but lets be real she's been doing it for a much longer time and also denied her husband sex. Emotional affairs are worse than physical but she did both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 06:34 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
How can anyone sympathize with the wife? She was having a physical and emotional affair for a year yet get mad when he went to a hooker once. Both cheated but lets be real she's been doing it for a much longer time and also denied her husband sex. Emotional affairs are worse than physical but she did both.
First, we've only heard one side of the story. I'd love to know how frequent sex really was for them...some people complain if it's less than a few times a week and say "they were denying me sex!". Also, WHY weren't they having sex. Maybe she didn't communicate that to him, but maybe she did and he just didn't give a shyt enough to change.

As for the emotional affair being worse...like I said earlier, to each his own. If my husband ever stepped out and paid a hooker to have sex that, to me, would be worse than him falling in love with someone else. MUCH WORSE.

You've also got the timeline wrong. He went to the hooker first, then she had her affair. I'm assuming she wasn't brave enough to exit the marriage for whatever reason but just felt completely emotionally detached from him after learning he was with a hooker. That doesn't excuse her behavior but I can see how it could happen.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
First, we've only heard one side of the story. I'd love to know how frequent sex really was for them...some people complain if it's less than a few times a week and say "they were denying me sex!". Also, WHY weren't they having sex. Maybe she didn't communicate that to him, but maybe she did and he just didn't give a shyt enough to change.

As for the emotional affair being worse...like I said earlier, to each his own. If my husband ever stepped out and paid a hooker to have sex that, to me, would be worse than him falling in love with someone else. MUCH WORSE.

You've also got the timeline wrong. He went to the hooker first, then she had her affair. I'm assuming she wasn't brave enough to exit the marriage for whatever reason but just felt completely emotionally detached from him after learning he was with a hooker. That doesn't excuse her behavior but I can see how it could happen.
I stand corrected. I probably shouldn't post after indulging in New Year's Eve scotch lol. You feel paying for sex is worse, I feel emotional is worse since that tends to lead to a full on relationship and sex. Why do you feel paying a hooker is worse, just wondering?

Old 12-31-2012, 06:50 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Can't speak for Sixy but I imagine such knowledge would reduce the man she loves and respects into something closer to a base, primitive idiot she doesn't even know.

I don't know that I would have the same reaction but I understand it.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Can't speak for Sixy but I imagine such knowledge would reduce the man she loves and respects into something closer to a base, primitive idiot she doesn't even know.

I don't know that I would have the same reaction but I understand it.
Yup, that's pretty much it.

I would never be able to look at him the same way. It would reduce him to some kind of primate with animalistic behavior. I'd see him as a piece of trash, likely becaue I know I would feel like a used piece of trash having empty sex with a complete stranger and I can't comprehend how somene would find that enjoyable or satisfying.

Now, don't get me wrong here...an emotional affair would crush me. However...I can understand how something like that could manifest. Things maybe start out as friends, progress to more intimate conversation, they get carried away and it turns physical. THAT I can understand because while yes, it's an affair and there is cheating and lying, the emotional connection and the need to show that physically is still a normal human relationship.

Sharing yourself physically with a complete stranger is not something I can wrap my head around. I just wouldn't be able to put myself in his shoes to even try and understand his actions.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:13 PM

10 posts, read 10,486 times
Guess it wouldn't be considered cheating if you were married to the prostitute!

Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:

We've only heard one side of the story and may never know the true story. But if it's true that she was denying him sex (and emotional support) beforehand then maybe she was having an affair previously? His stepping out and getting caught may have given her the get out of jail free card to be open about it.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJackKing View Post
Guess it wouldn't be considered cheating if you were married to the prostitute!
Marrying a prostitute? I think thats robbery

Old 12-31-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
We've only heard one side of the story and may never know the true story. But if it's true that she was denying him sex (and emotional support) beforehand then maybe she was having an affair previously? His stepping out and getting caught may have given her the get out of jail free card to be open about it.
That could be too. But, this thread was started by a troll poster so everything at this point is just hypothetical. Still...it has good debating points.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:20 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Yup, that's pretty much it.

I would never be able to look at him the same way. It would reduce him to some kind of primate with animalistic behavior. I'd see him as a piece of trash, likely becaue I know I would feel like a used piece of trash having empty sex with a complete stranger and I can't comprehend how somene would find that enjoyable or satisfying.

Sharing yourself physically with a complete stranger is not something I can wrap my head around. I just wouldn't be able to put myself in his shoes to even try and understand his actions.
Many if not most women cannot separate sex from love while many if not most men can. It's one of the biological differences between men and women and if you can't wrap your mind around that then you must not recognize that men are different from women, or you think your husband is a woman with woman's values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships