Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 09:39 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times

Advertisements

Now maybe it's just having my Saturday AM workout plans derailed has me in a mood, but I figured I'd toss a metaphorical molotov cocktail onto the board this morning.

There's A LOT of ad nauseum bitching and moaning on this site about women going for bad boys. Well what about the guys who go for the crazy chicks? It's just as much of a trend, if not more so.

I've run into it a lot IRL (heck, I just had a guy friend tell me his type was "crazy chicks"), and it crops up a lot on these boards too. Now, I'm not exactly a glowing picture of mental health (severe ADD, occasional depression issues, very mild OCD), but I've never hit a guy under the premise that it doesn't count if it's a girl hitting a guy, I've never yelled at a guy that I hated him or that I wished him any sort of ill, I've never called the cops on a dude for ****s and giggles, I've never made a guy choose between me and another person or people (be it family or kids or friends), I've never demanded calls or check-ins or accused anyone of cheating due to my own insecurities, I've never tried to manipulate someone by getting pregnant or faking pregnancy, I've never demanded material things or borrowed money from a romantic partner, etc. These are all things that should be standard no-nos and NOT doing them should be just bare minimum requirements for any low-level standard of decency. Yet I meet guys all the time who have found these things acceptable in a relationship at one time or another.

I'm not gonna deny that some women chase men who treat them badly. But guys can't deny that there are just as many of them doing the same exact thing by chasing after the crazy chicks. Except guys seem to get their panties in a knot about the "bad boy" trend way more than women freak out about the crazy chick trend. I think most of us just accept it as a kind of "it is what it is" scenario. But it's definitely a real one.

Discuss amongst yourselves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 09:43 AM

681 posts, read 618,129 times
well im really screwed, as im a bad boy that goes for bad chicks. Yeah, I'm gonna put that bad ***** in her place! haha, i like a challenge.

O Btw, I have had some of those things done to me and it's NOT ok, haha i just love it when they think im gonna get upset because they are talking to other people. I can sense it and it's so obvious. Usually im talking to other chicks too. No sweat off my back.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:46 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Very interesting perspective Jrz! Hope this thread gets some attention.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
well im really screwed, as im a bad boy that goes for bad chicks. Yeah, I'm gonna put that bad ***** in her place! haha, i like a challenge.
You brag a lot. It's weird.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:49 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Guys and girls are different though. Guys go for crazy chicks because they usually come on strong and seem nice at first. The guy stays with her because it's all he can get even though he sees the signs. Then after a bit, BOOM .. he's screwed and his friends are mocking him for not listening.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:50 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Now maybe it's just having my Saturday AM workout plans derailed has me in a mood, but I figured I'd toss a metaphorical molotov cocktail onto the board this morning.

There's A LOT of ad nauseum bitching and moaning on this site about women going for bad boys. Well what about the guys who go for the crazy chicks? It's just as much of a trend, if not more so.

I've run into it a lot IRL (heck, I just had a guy friend tell me his type was "crazy chicks"), and it crops up a lot on these boards too. Now, I'm not exactly a glowing picture of mental health (severe ADD, occasional depression issues, very mild OCD), but I've never hit a guy under the premise that it doesn't count if it's a girl hitting a guy, I've never yelled at a guy that I hated him or that I wished him any sort of ill, I've never called the cops on a dude for ****s and giggles, I've never made a guy choose between me and another person or people (be it family or kids or friends), I've never demanded calls or check-ins or accused anyone of cheating due to my own insecurities, I've never tried to manipulate someone by getting pregnant or faking pregnancy, I've never demanded material things or borrowed money from a romantic partner, etc. These are all things that should be standard no-nos and NOT doing them should be just bare minimum requirements for any low-level standard of decency. Yet I meet guys all the time who have found these things acceptable in a relationship at one time or another.

I'm not gonna deny that some women chase men who treat them badly. But guys can't deny that there are just as many of them doing the same exact thing by chasing after the crazy chicks. Except guys seem to get their panties in a knot about the "bad boy" trend way more than women freak out about the crazy chick trend. I think most of us just accept it as a kind of "it is what it is" scenario. But it's definitely a real one.

Discuss amongst yourselves
There's no question there's a strong parallel here.

Men frequently ignore or reject women who are kind, smart, funny, compassionate and interesting because they are not "hot" enough physically. Yet, the same men will often put up with women who are mean, stupid, vapid, selfish and boring so long as they are "hot" physically.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You brag a lot. It's weird.
it's called i'm playing around. Apparently Santa didn't bring someone a sense of humor for Christmas. Geez, next thing I know you gonna complain about the way that I type, breathe, and sit huh?

Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Men who go for crazy chicks and women who go for bad boys both tend to date based purely on physical attraction. If you have a physical ideal in your head and refuse to deviate from it, you will probably end up with one of these types.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:09 AM

I don't know. Someone can be hot, but if they start treating me bad then I am out of there. I just don't have time for that stuff

Old 12-29-2012, 10:28 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
The Angelina Jolies and the other wacky type women usually find men. I'm talking about the attractive ones, the reason being because of their looks. The men will put up with all their bullsh*t until their tires get slashed or she puts a bunny in their soup pot. Nine times out of ten, they will blame this 'crazy as* woman' for their problems then proceed to pick another just like her based on looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships