Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 11:20 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycNewbie1 View Post
I just got back home after I went out with him this evening.

I basically put my foot down and told him I want the divorce finalized as soon as possible and that I'm sick of feeling like "the other woman". After having a bit of a breakdown, he assured me that they'll finalize the divorce as soon as possible. I told him that I do plan on moving in with him once the divorce proceedings pick up a bit.

He doesn't live with his wife. She lives at their old place in Westchester. He lives in an apartment on the Upper West Side. It's really convenient to get to from my apartment so I'm there several times a week with him. I do firmly believe they're separated.

As far as me being one of numerous girls at the firm under his spell. Unlikely. He's 33 and an American/Swedish dual-citizen, so he hasn't been with the company for all that long. Some of you guys assumed he was a scumbag or a dirty pervert which is hardly the case.

I do realize that I am taking an extreme risk in staying with him, but I'm willing to risk that.
You don't show good judgment AT ALL. Your risk tolerance, per your last line, shows that you think with your hormones and pituitary gland more than you do with your brain. First, this guy could, at the very earliest, have been a lawyer for 8 years and he's already getting divorced at 33? When you lose your job for banging some lawyer in your firm, will you be able to get a good reference from the firm? This sounds like a big joke all the way around, and the joke is on YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Default I'm sleeping with my boss...

Are you self employed?

I'm sleeping with my boss...-thcapfdc28.jpg

Old 12-31-2012, 12:30 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,639 times
I bet you two will live happily ever after. Sounds like a swell guy.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:05 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
This is simple...

-Break up with him and tell him it's because he's still married.
-Keep your job and weather through your emotions until they die down (they will).
- Start dating other people and forget about this dude.

(and, for the record, you should always keep your own place until you are married)

Old 12-31-2012, 06:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
An older, married man who sleeps with his subordinate(s) is quite a catch. Moving in with him is an excellent idea.
Lol!

You made me laugh!!

I'll add to it... Get pregnant too!

Old 12-31-2012, 06:29 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,112 times
Well, if you break up with him you won't keep your job. You might as well go all the way and get pregnant. That way you know he'll leave his wife...............

.............oh...........next time you see him, ask him if his wife has a rabbit?..............and maybe a stewpot.............

Women who allow rabbits in the house just don't seem to be able to keep their husbands faithful, and things end up badly.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:08 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Why wouldn't she keep her job if she breaks up with him? She should... and he'd be all too happy to have her around. He'd probably even give her a raise if she broke up with him in an effort to get her back.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:23 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Another piece of trash from suburbia looking to live the Sex and the City lifestyle by moving to NYC and shaking up some bigshot. I really like women like you, there are plenty of women like you who come from fly over states and come to NYC looking for men with fat pockets.

Now now, let's not judge. If he is married, she's just taking advantage of a skunk that can't be true to his wife.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:28 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
Now now, let's not judge. If he is married, she's just taking advantage of a skunk that can't be true to his wife.
The thing is that here in NYC there are plenty of women like her looking to be the next Ana who is looking for her Christian Grey. Her story sounds something out of a book.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:57 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
OP Update: Originally Posted by NycNewbie1
"I just got back home after I went out with him this evening.

I basically put my foot down and told him I want the divorce finalized as soon as possible and that I'm sick of feeling like "the other woman". After having a bit of a breakdown, he assured me that they'll finalize the divorce as soon as possible. I told him that I do plan on moving in with him once the divorce proceedings pick up a bit.

He doesn't live with his wife. She lives at their old place in Westchester. He lives in an apartment on the Upper West Side. It's really convenient to get to from my apartment so I'm there several times a week with him. I do firmly believe they're separated.

As far as me being one of numerous girls at the firm under his spell. Unlikely. He's 33 and an American/Swedish dual-citizen, so he hasn't been with the company for all that long. Some of you guys assumed he was a scumbag or a dirty pervert which is hardly the case.

I do realize that I am taking an extreme risk in staying with him, but I'm willing to risk that.
"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
ok, congrats. Glad you came to the forum for advice when your mind was already clearly made up.
Exactly what I was thinking. OP.........What was the point of this thread???

Last edited by JanND; 12-31-2012 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: added op quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships