Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
If he is sleeping around on his wife today, he'll be doing it again in a few years when you are his wife. if this story is true, this guy is a dirt bag for cheating. He isn't worth it. Get out while you can.
Oh c'mon, you don't really know the whole story. For all we know, his wife may have cheated on him and walked out. They may really be separated and have no intention of reuniting and just haven't yet gotten around to finalizing the divorce. This kind of stuff does happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
Well Monica Lewinsky became famous doing so. I'm thinking career opportunities here!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:55 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
An older, married man who sleeps with his subordinate(s) is quite a catch. Moving in with him is an excellent idea.
I'd say so.

OP, tell him you'll only move in with him if you get a salary raise and/or promotion.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:10 PM

349 posts, read 459,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycNewbie1 View Post
I moved to New York over a year ago from New Hampshire after graduating college to work as a paralegal while saving up for law school.

Well, all was going well. I found a great apartment, loved the area, and things were going well at work. I just found it really, really hard to meet people. I was attending some singles events, went clubbing, and I was going out to bars with co-workers. No luck.

Late February of this year I was staying late at work as the office was swamped in paperwork and I began working closely with my boss. We hit it off. I found a charming, funny, intelligent, masculine guy who... made me feel special.

We began seeing each other shortly after that (keeping our relationship secret from the office) and things were good. The only thing is he's married (no kids). He keeps telling me that they're separated and going to be divorcing but the fact is... he's married. I feel guilty for sleeping with a married man but I love him.

He wants me to move in with him but I don't know what to do. Do I end the relationship or not?
I have seen so many lifetime movies that are scripted like this. If things go wrong in the relationship, he could dump you then fire you. How many times have married men said that they are in the process of getting a divorce, only to go back to their wife and leave the mistress behind or string them along? Just end it and find a man who isn't your boss, or romantically attached to someone else/married.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:12 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycNewbie1 View Post
I moved to New York over a year ago from New Hampshire after graduating college to work as a paralegal while saving up for law school.

Well, all was going well. I found a great apartment, loved the area, and things were going well at work. I just found it really, really hard to meet people. I was attending some singles events, went clubbing, and I was going out to bars with co-workers. No luck.

Late February of this year I was staying late at work as the office was swamped in paperwork and I began working closely with my boss. We hit it off. I found a charming, funny, intelligent, masculine guy who... made me feel special.

We began seeing each other shortly after that (keeping our relationship secret from the office) and things were good. The only thing is he's married (no kids). He keeps telling me that they're separated and going to be divorcing but the fact is... he's married. I feel guilty for sleeping with a married man but I love him.

He wants me to move in with him but I don't know what to do. Do I end the relationship or not?
I had a relationship with one of my bosses once. It was hot.

She wasn't married.

Wait for him to the divorce.

Simple

Old 12-29-2012, 12:17 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Tell him you're going to call his wife and ask her if it's OK if you FK her husband.

If he or you have a problem doing this then break it off.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 PM

426 posts, read 558,902 times
iam sure he loves u...

Old 12-29-2012, 12:29 PM

9 posts, read 39,478 times
Thank you UrbanAdventurer.

They are indeed separated and have been so months before we began our relationship. He frequently tells me that they're going to be moving forward with the divorce proceedings soon.

If I break up with him, I feel I'd have to leave the company and paralegal jobs are so hard to come by, there's no way I'd be able to pay my rent and other bills.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:31 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Tell him you're going to call his wife and ask her if it's OK if you FK her husband.

If he or you have a problem doing this then break it off.

Yeah...I always call up the ex-BF's of women I sleep with to see if they are ok with it.

Makes perfect sense.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
going to be divorced is a common scenario. sleeping with someone who is going to be divorced sounds so much better than sleeping with a married man. sleeping with the boss is the last stop b4 the door.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-29-2012 at 12:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships