Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 03:05 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Don't poop where you eat.
that emotion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 03:16 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,295,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I will bet my house

Old 12-29-2012, 03:22 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,874,777 times
Years ago when I was in between my first and second marriages, I worked as a nurse for a group of OB/GYN docs. The headguy was a 42 yr old. I was 29. It started as flirting. One night I went.to drop off files for him to sign. As I was leaving his office, he came up behind me, spun me around and started kissing me. It was very hot and I wanted him,.but he was married with a 5 yr old. You know, women can smell other women around their men. His wife started showing up un announced. I told him that I would not sleep with him. Hite kept pursuing me. Soon after, I met the man I would marry. He was worth it. The bottom line is, are you happy?

Old 12-29-2012, 03:23 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,556,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycNewbie1 View Post
I moved to New York over a year ago from New Hampshire after graduating college to work as a paralegal while saving up for law school.

Well, all was going well. I found a great apartment, loved the area, and things were going well at work. I just found it really, really hard to meet people. I was attending some singles events, went clubbing, and I was going out to bars with co-workers. No luck.

Late February of this year I was staying late at work as the office was swamped in paperwork and I began working closely with my boss. We hit it off. I found a charming, funny, intelligent, masculine guy who... made me feel special.

We began seeing each other shortly after that (keeping our relationship secret from the office) and things were good. The only thing is he's married (no kids). He keeps telling me that they're separated and going to be divorcing but the fact is... he's married. I feel guilty for sleeping with a married man but I love him.

He wants me to move in with him but I don't know what to do. Do I end the relationship or not?
Won't you be > as hell when you find out you're not the only employee he has slept with?

Old 12-29-2012, 03:25 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,269,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Won't you be > as hell when you find out you're not the only employee he has slept with?
Or, is still sleeping with.

Unbeknownst to OP as she is keeping his dirty little secret for him.

So are the others.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:28 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,556,392 times
Quote:
Or, is still sleeping with.

Unbeknownst to OP as she is keeping his dirty little secret for him.

So are the others.

I wonder if "swamped with paperwork" is code for banging the help.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:33 PM

283 posts, read 508,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycNewbie1 View Post
I moved to New York over a year ago from New Hampshire after graduating college to work as a paralegal while saving up for law school.

Well, all was going well. I found a great apartment, loved the area, and things were going well at work. I just found it really, really hard to meet people. I was attending some singles events, went clubbing, and I was going out to bars with co-workers. No luck.

Late February of this year I was staying late at work as the office was swamped in paperwork and I began working closely with my boss. We hit it off. I found a charming, funny, intelligent, masculine guy who... made me feel special.

We began seeing each other shortly after that (keeping our relationship secret from the office) and things were good. The only thing is he's married (no kids). He keeps telling me that they're separated and going to be divorcing but the fact is... he's married. I feel guilty for sleeping with a married man but I love him.

He wants me to move in with him but I don't know what to do. Do I end the relationship or not?

Come on, be honest: you're a budding screenwriter and this is just a plot outline for the Lifetime Channel's Movie of the Week, right?

Lame. You should think-up someting more original. This scenario has been done to death over the years.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:34 PM

230 posts, read 315,350 times
Default Yaaaaaasssssss!

Quote:
I don''t know how you can think this relationship is a good thing when you say stuff like this -

If I break up with him, I feel I'd have to leave the company and paralegal jobs are so hard to come by, there's no way I'd be able to pay my rent and other bills.

So, once again the man gets to do what he wants, and the younger less powerful woman pays the price.

Ask around. I will bet my house you are one of a loooooong line of silly little girls he has done this to, and then probably fired afterwards because he and his wife are "trying to work things out".
This, a million times.

Being separated can mean anything. It doesn't always mean that there will be a divorce. The minute the wife calls and says "I miss you, let's give it another try, for our kids," he'd likely feel sentimental and want to work things out. Then OP will be left heartbroken and baffled about all the things he told her.

I also doubt this is the first time he's done this with a naive woman or another employee. Zeroing in on the recent grad who's new in town, put on the charm, the moves, the BS, then kick to the curb - that's usually how it goes.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:41 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,269,557 times
I have personal experience with this.

I had a boss who tried and tried to seduce me. He was attractive so I was kind of flattered. It took him 18 months and he got me on a bad day, my car had broken down and he came over to "fix" it.

Anyway we had sex once and he fired me 10 days later.

I never knew if it was the fact that he lasted 2 seconds embarrassed him, or if he just couldn't stand the anxiety every time his wife called the office (100 times a day) and I answered the phone.

Either way, he got a hysterical drunken phone call at home one night from me, I was extremely upset at being fired and the idiot had forgotten to pay me.

I bet he crapped himself.

A while later, I found out that he replaced me with a younger girl and was sleeping with her, too.

I also found out that I had somehow contracted chlamydia, and I was required to advise the Health Department who my partners were.

What to do, what to do...should I tell the married guy or not?

Old 12-29-2012, 03:46 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,295,431 times
I had a relationship with my boss, and it was fine.

It's almost like bosses are regular people and the outcome can be good or bad.

Now, dating someone who's married...that may be a bit stickier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships