Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:47 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoReg View Post
Having women circling around doesn't mean getting them. Women WILL pick the taller counterpart, every time.
Nope. They won't. Lots of women pick the short guy. For women, personality is the majority of the game. Sure there are some women who have a hard-and-fast rule about height. But there are more who don't. For many of the short guys I've know, having women circling around DOES mean getting them! For some guys, several women at a time. Sorry if that spoils your attempted pity party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,300 times
Chill out. Stop stressing. You have a girl so if she's cool with you then be cool with her.
If you become/are single then look online for women who are 4'7-5ft.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
I'm not saying thats not true.

This thread is about short guys though. My point is that there is a real and significant disadvantage.
So?

Of course there's a disadvantage, just as there's a disadvantage for overly tall guys (trust me... a friend of mine is 7'1 and hates it), fat guys, wide guys etc etc on and on. Like I said, the farther you get from average the harder it's going to be.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Fat guys can just lose weight.

For men, height is one of the most important things in dating. Guys shorter than 5'7 have severely limited dating options.
Again, so?

What can be done to change the severely limited dating options?

Nothing.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Leg lengthening surgery
Then go for it.

I think it's silly, invasive, expensive and pointless..but if it makes a guy feel better about himself then why not.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Leg lengthening surgery
What's he gonna do, add a foot of length, and have a tiny upper torso in proportion to his legs? Get real! Surgery can't achieve much. It's much cheaper and less stress to just develop a modicum of charisma, and the women will be flocking around.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then go for it.

I think it's silly, invasive, expensive and pointless..but if it makes a guy feel better about himself then why not.
It's actually extremely dangerous and painful as well. It's banned in some countries for a reason. For example, in China height requirements for men in corporate jobs was getting so bad people felt compelled to get the surgery. Quack surgeons leapt on the opportunity to make some easy money and hundreds were crippled. Now the government has cracked down on it but there still is a black market.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
It's actually extremely dangerous and painful as well. It's banned in some countries for a reason. For example, in China height requirements for men in corporate jobs was getting so bad people felt compelled to get the surgery. Quack surgeons leapt on the opportunity to make some easy money and hundreds were crippled. Now the government has cracked down on it but there still is a black market.
I agree.... I think it says a lot about the person choosing to get the procedure.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I agree.... I think it says a lot about the person choosing to get the procedure.
Well if you chose to do it voluntarily in the US or a western country yeah, but the Chinese job market is materialistic and superficial in the extreme. It's even worse for women - they're all expected to be very good looking even if they don't deal with customers. Resumes for some positions involve filling out your physical characteristics as well as your qualifications.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Well if you chose to do it voluntarily in the US or a western country yeah, but the Chinese job market is materialistic and superficial in the extreme. It's even worse for women - they're all expected to be very good looking even if they don't deal with customers. Resumes for some positions involve filling out your physical characteristics as well as your qualifications.
In Russia when the "help wanted" ad says, "pleasing appearance" (for secretarial help), it means, "no Asians need apply".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships