Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:53 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times

Advertisements

I had a POF profile and for about a year it was hidden mostly so I could read and sometimes post on the forum there. I decided to not hide it again and now I wish I hadn't done it because once again I am getting responses. So far most of the guys are claiming to be never married/no kids but not one is someone attractive to me (emphasis on ME).

I don't know, maybe I'll hide it again because either I am still too obsessed with Taco man or online isn't for me. I still like him and still hold out hope he will get over whatever is bothering him and ask me out (like he claims). However, who knows when or if that will happen? But I am just not into these other guys at all so maybe it's not him either, maybe it's me and I don't find any of them my type.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:59 PM

681 posts, read 618,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I had a POF profile and for about a year it was hidden mostly so I could read and sometimes post on the forum there. I decided to not hide it again and now I wish I hadn't done it because once again I am getting responses. So far most of the guys are claiming to be never married/no kids but not one is someone attractive to me (emphasis on ME).

I don't know, maybe I'll hide it again because either I am still too obsessed with Taco man or online isn't for me. I still like him and still hold out hope he will get over whatever is bothering him and ask me out (like he claims). However, who knows when or if that will happen? But I am just not into these other guys at all so maybe it's not him either, maybe it's me and I don't find any of them my type.
i think u are extremely picky and there's no reason for it. Either deal with the pickiness that you have or enjoy being single and alone. Simple as that.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
OP, I think maybe POF isn't for you. Try one of the paid services. Or OKC, which some have had good luck with.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 PM

Yeah I don't think POF is for me because last time I did it I met a couple guys but none were clicks.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
i think u are extremely picky and there's no reason for it. Either deal with the pickiness that you have or enjoy being single and alone. Simple as that.
I'm not picky except certain reasons which make sense. The guy I really like is short, not exceptionally good looking and lives with his mom so if I was picky I wouldn't like him.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:10 PM

681 posts, read 618,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I'm not picky except certain reasons which make sense. The guy I really like is short, not exceptionally good looking and lives with his mom so if I was picky I wouldn't like him.
alright, Ill bite..what are those certain reasons?

Old 12-30-2012, 05:12 PM

85 posts, read 97,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idon'tdateyou View Post
i had a pof profile and for about a year it was hidden mostly so i could read and sometimes post on the forum there. I decided to not hide it again and now i wish i hadn't done it because once again i am getting responses. So far most of the guys are claiming to be never married/no kids but not one is someone attractive to me (emphasis on me).

I don't know, maybe i'll hide it again because either i am still too obsessed with taco man or online isn't for me. I still like him and still hold out hope he will get over whatever is bothering him and ask me out (like he claims). However, who knows when or if that will happen? But i am just not into these other guys at all so maybe it's not him either, maybe it's me and i don't find any of them my type.
do not, i repeat, do not try eharmony. It does not work.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
alright, Ill bite..what are those certain reasons?
You tell me I am picky, why am I picky? I am picky in that I will not date dads, or obese men and really am not open to most divorced guys either. Outside of that it varies.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:13 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,048 times
Maybe you should stop and consider that some people don't photograph well. You judge too many on their looks in a photo. People are more than their looks....like you just said about your taco man.

I swear, the two of you act like 15 year olds instead of plus 40.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figuremeout View Post
do not, i repeat, do not try eharmony. It does not work.
I've heard bad things about that too. I did try Match before and failed but am considering it this summer if things don't turn out the way I hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships