Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times

Advertisements

I'm okay with it, but my debt consists of a student loan and if my gas card limit is any indication, my credit is good enough. I worked about 6.5 months this year and my bills are paid. I'm good.

If you do some research of the people in the article, the gal with the $150k of debt from studying mass communications at a private school across the country is unmarried, but has a "bun in the oven".

Congrats to that guy. He's going to be paying on that student loan debt while babymamma is laid up taking care of your kid.

Hope he knew what he got himself into. (Doubt it.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
I would tend to look at a woman asking my credit score on a first date the same way a woman would look at a guy that would ask 'Do you swallow?' on a first date.

It's rude.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If some woman, I hardly knew, asked me what my credit score was, I'd ask her how much she weighs....

Would be about the same level of appropriateness.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM

571 posts, read 1,200,941 times
It's about time.

This is particularly relevant when people date later in life, are divorced, etc. I've known cases where people applied for credit cards on the side, hid outstanding debt. Finances are a big part of life and financial deception is as bad as any other.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
I would tend to look at a woman asking my credit score on a first date the same way a woman would look at a guy that would ask 'Do you swallow?' on a first date.

It's rude.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Dating 2013: No longer "What's your sign?" - now "What's your credit score?"
It seems like romance it’s just gotten more practical. It might help you determine whether your SO does not think it is important to pay bills on time or routinely overspends his/her income on significant hobbies or travel or holiday gifts so that you can avoid grinding conflict over money down the road.

Good looks and charm will only get you so far in today’s dating world. A great credit score is quickly becoming the new #1 attraction for finding happy love.
There's a reason that employers check credit ratings of potential employees. Lousy credit can be a sign of poor decision making and weak character. It may not reflect your character but it does show a pattern in your lifestyle. Of course there could be other reasons for a bad credit score like job loss, illness or just a dispute over a bill, but good financial management is a good test of personal responsibility.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/26/bu...z2fadodjvGpmZw

I've always considered "what's your credit score?" to be more of a third date sort of question. lol

If some girl asked me my credit score on the 6th date I would still be turned off because it's stupid question.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:51 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
My credit isn't as good as it should be. But what single male beyond 22, who has a decent job really going to be doing? I mean do you expect him to buy a huge house that for himself? Most guys at a certain age are just trying to have a good time, experience life, and meet people. you can waste a lot of money doing this though. Which, despite being single, I've decided to invest more.

Still I REALLY don't expect anyone under 30 who has a decent job to have great credit. They either have student loans, or some other type of debt. And single life does have cost, as fun cost money. At least the type of fun I've been having in my bachelor life. I guess if a guy has lived in the same neighborhood his entire life, only leaving for college, and has the same friends his entire life, and has never travelled out of the state (basically super boring), then I can expect such a guy to be a bachelor with a high credit score. In order to have that type of credit score while single, you can't be doing much of anything.

Anyway, I know no one is going to fall in love with my credit score. I'm relatively debt free, but I still have a lot to work on. If a chick hates that, what can I really do? Back to the drawing board.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
My credit isn't as good as it should be. But what single male beyond 22, who has a decent job really going to be doing? I mean do you expect him to buy a huge house that for himself? Most guys at a certain age are just trying to have a good time, experience life, and meet people. you can waste a lot of money doing this though. Which, despite being single, I've decided to invest more.

Still I REALLY don't expect anyone under 30 who has a decent job to have great credit. They either have student loans, or some other type of debt. And single life does have cost, as fun cost money. At least the type of fun I've been having in my bachelor life. I guess if a guy has lived in the same neighborhood his entire life, only leaving for college, and has the same friends his entire life, and has never travelled out of the state (basically super boring), then I can expect such a guy to be a bachelor with a high credit score. In order to have that type of credit score while single, you can't be doing much of anything.

Anyway, I know no one is going to fall in love with my credit score. I'm relatively debt free, but I still have a lot to work on. If a chick hates that, what can I really do? Back to the drawing board.

Anyone who ask this question on a date needs to be in a mental institution. And furthermore I don't even know my credit score because I never wanted to pay the $8.00 to see it LOL

Old 01-10-2013, 05:56 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
You can have student loans and still have a good credit score.
Nice try, though.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:05 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
I think everyone's credit score probably dropped a little after 2008-2009. There are still people out there who haven't bounced back from that financially. Heck, even I got an eviction from my apartment in 2008. I don't feel bad about a bad credit score. There is only so much in life you can plan for. If I were on a date, I'd be more concerned with someone's ability to bounce back and recover. Surely no one is dumb enough to believe that bad situations can't happen to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships