Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM

868 posts, read 1,118,486 times

Advertisements

People act as if 35 is over the hill. I'm not at that age yet, but to say that women lose their looks at that age is ridiculous. There are plenty of 40+ women that are just as attractive as 25 year old women. Some even ripen with age, like a fine wine.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 PM

16,401 posts, read 30,811,602 times
Something tells me there are still a "few good men"

Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,146,671 times
Default And another thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Of course a woman age 35+ can still find a partner, but it's going to require some effort on her part. She can't just expect guys to hit on her 15 times a week anymore.
BULLCRAP.

After my divorce, when I was 38, I had to scrape the men off. Between going out with my girlfriends, getting involved with activities I enjoyed, and social networking, 15 was a slow week--and that's not including the bombardment of online dating. Throw that in there and we're talking 15 a DAY. Too bad I don't have the screenies of my Yahoo Messenger, with the 14 conversations going at once. Regardless, I met my current just before my 40th birthday. We're still going, but were we to break up tomorrow, and I were to get back out there, I would have absolutely no trouble finding a partner.

Why? Because 40+ women are usually nothing more than their 30-year-old selves, only older, with a few aches and pains. If a woman was attractive, intelligent, witty, and great company at 30, she'll be that way at 40 and beyond unless she chooses to let herself go. She's always going to have options.

But you keep telling yourself what you need to hear to make yourself feel better. After all, ignorance is bliss!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,009,514 times
Quote:
I don't think i'm going to become more desirable. I think women become less desirable and have fewer options. There are plenty of attractive women in their 40s, no question about it, but it's still tough for a 40-year-old woman to compete with a 25 year old women.

Men don't age nearly as drastically as women, unless they stop exercising and they get a beer gut or something. So it's not that men become any more attractive... it's that we pretty much stay the same, and women become somewhat less attractive and have fewer options. At some point, they are going to have to be less picky or else they are going to be alone forever. Which i'm sure plenty of women choose to be alone over lowering their standards, but i'm sure some choose to lower their standards and give beta guys a shot.
Oh goodness...you are stuck in lala land there buddy. Physically EVERYONE becomes less "desirable" when they age. You are not immune to it. You are not the constant while everyone else around you is getting older. It's called AGING and nobody is immune to it, at least not in the circle of friends I have. Grey, balding, beer bellies, wrinkles and age spots, gnarly hair in their ears and nose..etc. What planet do you live on that you have not seen this????

Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,170,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Then why does your opening post complain about women passing guys like you up to date alphas? Average looking women aren't dating alphas. You know it, and I know it. Alphas date hot girls, not average girls.

This is why your theory doesn't hold water.
My theory holds plenty of water. Average looking girls get hit on and approached more in one month than average looking guys do in their lifetime. Guys have to work their butt off and go through lots of rejection. Women can just sit around doing nothing and they have plenty of options, many of whom they choose to reject. Then when they are 35+, they are sitting around wondering why they are still single. I guess none of the bazillion guys they could have picked from in their 20s were good enough for them.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,591,540 times
Quote:
My theory holds plenty of water. Average looking girls get hit on and approached more in one month than average looking guys do in their lifetime. Guys have to work their butt off and go through lots of rejection. Women can just sit around doing nothing and they have plenty of options, many of whom they obviously choose to reject. Then when they are 35+, they are sitting around wondering why they are still single. I guess none of the bazillion guys they could have picked from in their 20s were good enough for them.
Do you actually KNOW any 35 year old women in real life? I am thinking not.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,146,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
This theory cracks me up and here is why:

I recently re-watched Freaks & Geeks. Who did the geeks want to date? Fellow geeks? Hell no! They wanted to date cheerleaders.

Real life is exactly like that. The most popular girls, the most beautiful girls were the ones who dated the alphas. Those are the ones you guys tried to date in your 20s too, not the regular girls. The regular girls, the nerds, the book worms, the studious ones who focused on education and career instead of dating are the ones still single at 35+. You didn't want those girls way back when and you still don't want them now. I don't know any cheerleader types who never married.

But you guys keep floating around this fiction. Don't take a hard look in the mirror. Let's pretend you haven't been trying to date outside of your league and that's the real source of your frustration.
Exactly. Ooh, I am so SICK of the lashing out and the pity-parties. Some of these guys need to grow the hell up already.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:09 PM

78 posts, read 135,832 times
You need to chill more and not allow yourself to get so bitter about women. Laugh at them and be as successful as you can be. Every dog has it day and everything flips around. You remember that.

Just go overseas. You'll get plenty of attention in a non-western country.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,170,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighScience View Post
Just go overseas. You'll get plenty of attention in a non-western country.
Yea, that's a good thought. I'll have to try that.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 PM

12,098 posts, read 16,981,808 times
Quote:
My theory holds plenty of water. Average looking girls get hit on and approached more in one month than average looking guys do in their lifetime. Guys have to work their butt off and go through lots of rejection. Women can just sit around doing nothing and they have plenty of options, many of whom they obviously choose to reject. Then when they are 35+, they are sitting around wondering why they are still single. I guess none of the bazillion guys they could have picked from in their 20s were good enough for them.
This is true. It does hold weight. However...

I have a question to ask you. Are you a real poster, a real guy? Sometimes it's hard for me to tell.

If you are, send me a PM. I will show you pics of a few of my female Facebook friends and some of their friends and the men they decided to marry and have children with. You will be surprised.

Yes, it's true that many, possibly most women are extremely picky and want the best looking, most successful man out there that may be way above their own level. But don't be deluded into thinking it is all. Actually, a woman who I used to have a major crush on just entered into a serious relationship with a man who is shorter than me (which is EXTREMELY rare) and not nearly as fit.

Or just search your own Facebook and you will see it to be true. And if it isn't, you need new friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships