Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 AM

20 posts, read 27,372 times

Advertisements

This is very frustrating! Pretty much everyone does it too. I am a nice, caring, and outgoing person with a very strong work ethic. However, I always end up with drug addict crazy party girl types. I don't do any drugs of any kind and have no time for people that do. But, EVERY girl I date ends up being addicted to something and wants to do nothing but party.

I've tried Internet dating sites, meetup groups, strike up conversations with people at stores, coffee shops and even co workers. I will take them out and if they don't admit to it on the first date it comes out soon there after.

I know so many people with the same problem. It may not be drug addicts but a certain type of person that they keep ending up with.

I would like to hear about similar situations and if anybody that was able to break the cycle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
It's hard to say what exactly you are doing wrong based off of just one post. Perhaps it is a consequence of geography. Maybe you live in an area where single women just party and do drugs. I do find that a big difficult to believe, though. There are a lot of nice quality women out there looking for someone just the same as you are. Maybe the reason you haven't met them is BECAUSE they are shy and non-partiers.

Also, do you have yourself dead-set on going after a specific look? A certain body type? Hair color? Ethnicity? If so, how important is it you when it really comes down to it? I know that once I opened up to dating a more inclusive variance of body types things got a lot better for me. I also was open to meeting a person anywhere. Even if I didn't specifically go somewhere to meet someone, if I saw someone I found attractive, I would introduce myself. It didn't always work, but it often did.

Think about what you are doing. More importantly think about what you are not doing, and consider changing some things.

Good luck!

Old 01-01-2013, 08:21 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Your just like a pill....addicting.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 AM

I am open too pretty much any type of girl looks wise. I mean I'm not going try to date someone that I don't have some sort of an attraction too. But, Im also not picky as far as looks go.

I have considered that everyone in the area may be an addict, but like you said that cant be too likely.

It's pretty common though that people end up with same types over and over again. I mean everybody knows that one super sweet girl that always ends up with total *******s. Or that really nice guy who always ends up with controlling women.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:27 AM

491 posts, read 569,493 times
Drug addict are attracted to people with income. Supports their habit. And like someone else said it might be geography or what you aren't doing. Step out of your comfort zone a bit.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:30 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LapsedJedi View Post
It's pretty common though that people end up with same types over and over again. I mean everybody knows that one super sweet girl that always ends up with total *******s. Or that really nice guy who always ends up with controlling women.
While I agree that these circumstances exist, I think that it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy if one allows it to. At the end of the day, we all make our own choices. We seldom choose something that we don't want for ourselves.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:36 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,267 times
Default It's you

Quote:
This is very frustrating! Pretty much everyone does it too. I am a nice, caring, and outgoing person with a very strong work ethic. However, I always end up with drug addict crazy party girl types. I don't do any drugs of any kind and have no time for people that do. But, EVERY girl I date ends up being addicted to something and wants to do nothing but party.

I've tried Internet dating sites, meetup groups, strike up conversations with people at stores, coffee shops and even co workers. I will take them out and if they don't admit to it on the first date it comes out soon there after.

I know so many people with the same problem. It may not be drug addicts but a certain type of person that they keep ending up with.

I would like to hear about similar situations and if anybody that was able to break the cycle

It's something about you that attracts these certain ladies. Look within yourself and figure out what it is about you that attracts them and change it.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Drug addict are attracted to people with income. Supports their habit. And like someone else said it might be geography or what you aren't doing. Step out of your comfort zone a bit.
My pay may be a large cause of it. The age old question "what do you do for a living" usually comes up pretty early when talking to anybody. And with what I do and the company I work for it is very easy to put 2 and 2 together.

Maybe I will start saying I'm unemployed lol

Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 AM

491 posts, read 569,493 times
Quote:
My pay may be a large cause of it. The age old question "what do you do for a living" usually comes up pretty early when talking to anybody. And with what I do and the company I work for it is very easy to put 2 and 2 together.

Maybe I will start saying I'm unemployed lol
Lol I wouldn't go that far, but don't answer them straight. If you tell them you make decent money then of course they are going to want you.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:42 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
This advice has been panned lately on these boards, but I'm gonna say it: See a therapist. If this has happened more than a few times, the common denominator is you. A therapist could help you sort this out.

My one ex was attracted to women with sociopathic tendencies. He changed his pattern briefly after getting burned particularly badly - both I and the woman before me had pretty well-developed moral compasses and were at very vulnerable points in our lives - but he was soon back to his old pattern after we broke up. He promptly married a woman who qualified as a full-blown sociopath. His mother was an addict and had some sort of mental illness (and his father bailed when he was 2), so I suspect this affected his choices.

A shrink could help you sort through what might be causing you to make these relationship decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships