U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-01-2013, 02:58 PM
 
681 posts, read 589,047 times
Reputation: 374

Advertisements

look man, I am gonna tell you something, for one stop using your past to dictate your future. I was abused too, hell we all had something bad happen to us at some point in our lives, but I am not going to kill myself over it. If you think that you might do something, then I strongly urge you to seek help. There are many suicide hotlines out there. They will talk to you and help you.

With that being said, I knew a guy that had the same thing happen to him except the girl was irl. His best friend tried to help him and tell him not do anything or give money, but the friend did it anyway. At the end of the day, the girl had cheated on him multiple times, he had lent her 20k and his place was robbed which he think she had a hand in that too. I know this story because I WAS the best friend. And to this day, he is still like this, I just couldn't deal with it anymore so I quit hanging out with him, we would just argue all the time since he would put this chick on a pedestal. Don't do that either. Don't allow her to pound your self esteem in the ground either.

Rules to live by:

Never send or give anyone money especially over the internet.
Always request to meet people upfront as soon as possible if you are going to meet people online, so that way you know who you are dealing with
Stop making passive aggressive threats, its not a turn on for women.

Enjoy!
Rate this post positively

 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Glasgow, uk
2,387 posts, read 3,149,449 times
Reputation: 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
look man, I am gonna tell you something, for one stop using your past to dictate your future. I was abused too, hell we all had something bad happen to us at some point in our lives, but I am not going to kill myself over it. If you think that you might do something, then I strongly urge you to seek help. There are many suicide hotlines out there. They will talk to you and help you.

With that being said, I knew a guy that had the same thing happen to him except the girl was irl. His best friend tried to help him and tell him not do anything or give money, but the friend did it anyway. At the end of the day, the girl had cheated on him multiple times, he had lent her 20k and his place was robbed which he think she had a hand in that too. I know this story because I WAS the best friend. And to this day, he is still like this, I just couldn't deal with it anymore so I quit hanging out with him, we would just argue all the time since he would put this chick on a pedestal. Don't do that either. Don't allow her to pound your self esteem in the ground either.

Rules to live by:

Never send or give anyone money especially over the internet.
Always request to meet people upfront as soon as possible if you are going to meet people online, so that way you know who you are dealing with
Stop making passive aggressive threats, its not a turn on for women.

Enjoy!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:05 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
98,780 posts, read 97,298,209 times
Reputation: 110220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
It was quite a good post.

OK, so are we ready to wrap it up here? For the 3rd time?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:06 PM
 
662 posts, read 1,204,474 times
Reputation: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I understand that but we're supposed to have hearts and help each other out. I don't know why you'd comment if you've nothing encouraging to say.

How would you feel if was a loved one?

Kicking someone when they're down is just low and a scummy thing to do. It's not cool.

I'm glad he reposted as I wouldn't have seen it.


You might want to rethink this forum.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 PM
 
Location: Glasgow, uk
2,387 posts, read 3,149,449 times
Reputation: 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Elaine,

You clearly are new to these parts.

You will find there are some "not very nice" replies to different posters.

This is for a myriad of reasons, but the only one you need to remember is, different people have different opinions, and they are allowed to have them and post them, without being judged as being cruel, by someone who only knows 1/10th of the history of certain posters.

Everyone is entitled to post their own views, and no one is the "nice" opinion police.

Yeah I can see that miss I don't have a heart!!

I treat people the same as i'd hope people would treat someone I loved, with kindness, it's not hard you should try it! I can't imagine it's much fun being cold and heartless
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Glasgow, uk
2,387 posts, read 3,149,449 times
Reputation: 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
You might want to rethink this forum.
Why?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, Tennessee
49,924 posts, read 55,648,622 times
Reputation: 98359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Yeah I can see that miss I don't have a heart!!

I treat people the same as i'd hope people would treat someone I loved, with kindness, it's not hard you should try it! I can't imagine it's much fun being cold and heartless
Elaine, you're doing it wrong.

Believe it or not, even though you are here haranguing people to "be nice," by personally attacking the other posters you can and will get an infraction or be banned.

So stop attacking other posters, regardless of THEIR behavior, and worry about your own.

Answer the original posts, and stop getting into arguments with others who reply.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Glasgow, uk
2,387 posts, read 3,149,449 times
Reputation: 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It was quite a good post.

OK, so are we ready to wrap it up here? For the 3rd time?
I just don't like people who kick other people when they're down. It's just plain nasty and there really is no need for it. So why do it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Glasgow, uk
2,387 posts, read 3,149,449 times
Reputation: 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Elaine, you're doing it wrong.

Believe it or not, even though you are here haranguing people to "be nice," by personally attacking the other posters you can and will get an infraction or be banned.

So stop attacking other posters, regardless of THEIR behavior, and worry about your own.
I get the message
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 PM
 
662 posts, read 1,204,474 times
Reputation: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Why?
I don't think the whole kill them with kindness will work around here.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:38 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top