U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 02:16 PM

662 posts, read 1,190,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I just don't like people who kick other people when they're down. It's just plain nasty and there really is no need for it. So why do it.
You know when you'll feel foolish?

When you find out the whole thread was made up because the OP was bored.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-01-2013, 02:16 PM

96,589 posts, read 94,439,183 times
Quote:
I treat people the same as i'd hope people would treat someone I loved, with kindness, it's not hard you should try it!
Trust us when we say we tried that the first two times (those threads got combined into one, as this one should). When someone returns to post the same-old, same-old, without having taken any of the suggestions offered in a kind and thoughtful spirit the first time, it's as if they are blowing everyone off, and are just using us as emotional handkerchiefs. People generally don't take kindly to being used, so... flack happens. That's just the way things work. He can get lots of good advice by reviewing his past thread/s.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:18 PM

2,387 posts, read 3,120,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Trust us when we say we tried that the first two times (those threads got combined into one, as this one should). When someone returns to post the same-old, same-old, without having taken any of the suggestions offered in a kind and thoughtful spirit the first time, it's as if they are blowing everyone off, and are just using us as emotional handkerchiefs. People generally don't take kindly to being used, so... flack happens. That's just the way things work. He can get lots of good advice by reviewing his past thread/s.
So he made this up? Seriously?

Old 01-01-2013, 02:20 PM

49,928 posts, read 54,804,718 times
It's very possible. After you've been on here a while, you start to learn which stories "hold water" and which do not.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:21 PM

2,387 posts, read 3,120,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
You know when you'll feel foolish?

When you find out the whole thread was made up because the OP was bored.
I won't feel foolish I'll still feel bad for him, if he did make it up then he obviously has a little problem.

I don't get why anyone would lie for attention especially to this extent.

I think he's telling I the truth.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I think some people need a friend sometimes and I hate when people use or hurt others I know it's life but its seriously heartless.

1,697 posts, read 4,142,430 times
Here's one for ya:

Do you think trolls would prefer to see post after post of kind, compassionate responses or would they prefer to stir up drama and fighting? Hmmm???

Troll enablers.

4,187 posts, read 4,928,138 times
Quote:
You would be surprised at what people will make up on the internet.

I remember browsing the World of Warcraft forums back when I was playing that digital crack, and there was this sob story about some parents whose kid was in terminal stage of some rare cancer, and all he wanted was a nice laptop to play wow for the last few months of his life. It was very well written, a real tear-jerker, but inevitably after the first fifty page of comments that were filled with sympathy and commiseration, eventually someone came into the thread and posted a link to the EXACT same story that was made two years ago, on some other site. I too was shocked that it was an elaborate troll, but now I am no longer surprised or impressed by any internet story.

40,905 posts, read 53,094,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Yeah, this is the one he posted 12/07/2012

//www.city-data.com/forum/27247157-post1.html

Old 01-01-2013, 02:25 PM

21,111 posts, read 19,125,803 times
Quote:
It happens all the time. Made up stories and unbelievable exaggerations, plus the many contributions from the deluded and mentally unbalanced. Us old hands are able to spot them quickly.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:25 PM

681 posts, read 581,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
You would be surprised at what people will make up on the internet.

I remember browsing the World of Warcraft forums back when I was playing that digital crack, and there was this sob story about some parents whose kid was in terminal stage of some rare cancer, and all he wanted was a nice laptop to play wow for the last few months of his life. It was very well written, a real tear-jerker, but inevitably after the first fifty page of comments that were filled with sympathy and commiseration, eventually someone came into the thread and posted a link to the EXACT same story that was made two years ago, on some other site. I too was shocked that it was an elaborate troll, but now I am no longer surprised or impressed by any internet story.
or what about the chick from el paso that made up that she had terminal cancer and she needed thousands of dollars for chemo and even made up a non profit for it. She was caught, but who makes up that stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.