Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 06:46 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,165 times

Advertisements

We see a number of threads here about single women having affairs with married men who tell these women that they're going to leave their wives and most of the time it doesn't happen. Most of the women end up feeling hurt and disappointed.

I have a friend who is a male and he is in a similar situation. He told me that he is having a relationship (more emotional than physical) with a married woman. They haven't had sex but they've been affectionate (hugging and holding hands and a kiss here and there) with each other. He has told me that she tells him that she's going to divorce her husband sometime this year. BTW, she told my friend this before they even started their thing. My buddy more than likes this woman and he says that she feels the same way about him.

However, he is beginning to feel the way some women feel when they're messing around with married men. He doesn't quite believe that she's going to divorce her husband. And as a result he feels like he'll end up being hurt and he doesn't want that. He says that he feels like a little b*tch. He has opportunities to date other women but this thing with this married woman has been building for a while according to him.

Have you any of you men or married women been in a situation like this and how did you handle it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 07:10 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
I think folks ought to keep their forbidden fruits in their pants . . .

Old 01-01-2013, 07:19 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
We see a number of threads here about single women having affairs with married men who tell these women that they're going to leave their wives and most of the time it doesn't happen. Most of the women end up feeling hurt and disappointed.

I have a friend who is a male and he is in a similar situation. He told me that he is having a relationship (more emotional than physical) with a married woman. They haven't had sex but they've been affectionate (hugging and holding hands and a kiss here and there) with each other. He has told me that she tells him that she's going to divorce her husband sometime this year. BTW, she told my friend this before they even started their thing. My buddy more than likes this woman and he says that she feels the same way about him.

However, he is beginning to feel the way some women feel when they're messing around with married men. He doesn't quite believe that she's going to divorce her husband. And as a result he feels like he'll end up being hurt and he doesn't want that. He says that he feels like a little b*tch. He has opportunities to date other women but this thing with this married woman has been building for a while according to him.

Have you any of you men or married women been in a situation like this and how did you handle it?

ROFLMFAO

Of course they haven't.

LOL!

signed
Mother Theresa.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:22 PM

175 posts, read 315,107 times
A) She is probably looking for a crutch to get her over the emotional hump of the divorce. When it is over, I give it three to six months before she dumps your friend.

B) She likes the attention and has no intention of divorcing her husband.

C) She is an emotional insecure or immature nutcase or just a nutcase.

I say run, don't walk away from this one.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:45 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Yep, this is an "exit affair" and it will be over as soon as it serves its purpose.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 PM

662 posts, read 1,259,480 times
I met a woman that told me she was separated and dated her for six months.
At one point she shared the details with me that they still shared the same house

It didn't bother me that much at the time as this was back in the mid 90's I had fun with her but wasn't looking for anything else.
Then she started writing me five page love letters

I live in VT the easiest state in the country to get a gun,all you need is a license for ID.
My friends convinced me to get away from her because according to them" they kill people up here for that."
I told her the letters freaked me out and that I was moving on.For the next few years I would see her downtown with different men that replaced me...

Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
No, she's not going to leave her husband if she hasn't yet. She wants her cake and eat it too. The end.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Never been in this situation. I won't even consider a guy who isn't at least formally separated from his wife, with that separation being a well-established step.

I once had a woman shriek at me "He's my husband" with regard to a guy I had been living with in order to get me to give her information about him. I would have felt terrible if not for the fact that they had been formally separated for nearly 2 years (with her being the one to leave - and rather abruptly at that). There'd even been another girlfriend he'd lived with before moving in with me. But I guess I'll take my hussy creds where I can get them.

She's not going to leave her husband for this guy. Why would she? He needs to back off - because yeah, he's just going to feel used and manipulated otherwise. Let her put on her big-girl pants and do what she needs to do with regard to ending her marriage before she puts her hand in a new cookie jar.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:41 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Separated =/= divorced.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
No I never did this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships