Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 03:47 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,578,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If you combine all forms of assault (verbal, emotional, minor injury, property damage), I believe the stats are about equal, but I don't think anyone can seriously posit that women are as likely inflict serious injury and death as men are.

Believe it or not, the human body is fragile (even more so in certain places) and I take the physical threat of a woman just as serious as if she were a man. A woman could kill me if she hit me in the right spot, or attacked me while my guard was down such as from behind, while drunk, or while I was sleep.

Just look at the news, male pro fighters, big dudes have been killed by women:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4323934

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...-Kazemi-killed

Anyhow, what boggles my mind is how when couples get into arguments, women get into faces of men (even strangers) as if they were a man themselves. If women would just voice their concerns in a decent manner (or just walk away) my guess is that the rate of male on female violence would significantly decrease.

Story short, at some point in time, most men have been checked really hard by another man so they learned not to start fights or get into the face of another man unless it's absolutely necessary. On the other hand, when women go off on men, most men don't do anything so women never learn that what they're doing is in fact very dangerous.
[+] Rate this post positively

Last edited by calicali01; 01-05-2013 at 03:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 03:47 PM

708 posts, read 876,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Believe it or not, the human body is fragile (even more so in certain places) and I take the physical threat of a woman just as serious as if she were a man. A woman could kill me if she hit me in the right spot, or attacked me while my guard was down such as from behind, while drunk, or while I was sleep.

Boxer Arturo Gatti's wife accused of murdering him - ESPN

Anyhow, what boggles my mind is how when couples get into arguments, women get into faces of men (even strangers) as if they were a man themselves. If women would just voice their concerns in a decent manor my guess is that the rate of male on female violence would significantly decrease.

What kind of people are you hanging out with that you are witnessing that many couples arguing?

As for your last comment about women voicing their concerns in a decent MANNER...makes it hard to take anything you say seriously. Plenty of individuals beyond kindergarten age have enough self restraint that they don't hit someone when they aren't spoken to in a decent MANNER.

Or are you actually talking about arguments that occur in manors?

Old 01-05-2013, 03:48 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,581,550 times
Quote:

Boxer Arturo Gatti's wife accused of murdering him - ESPN

Anyhow, what boggles my mind is how when couples get into arguments, women get into faces of men (even strangers) as if they were a man themselves. If women would just voice their concerns in a decent manor (or just walk away) my guess is that the rate of male on female violence would significantly decrease.

Story short, at some point in time, most men have been checked really hard by another man so they learned not to start fights or get into the face of another man unless it's absolutely necessary. On the other hand, when women go off on men, most men don't do anything so women never learn that what they're doing is in fact very dangerous.
I meant the rates of violence, since that was unclear. It's far more likely for a woman in general to be severely beaten, raped, or killed by a man than the other way around. You seem to agree with that, given your warning to mouthy women.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
Plenty of individuals beyond kindergarten age have enough self restraint that they don't hit someone when they aren't spoken to in a decent MANNER.

Not true. I disagree. Women (when angry) hit men all the time these days and most men, as I said, just take it.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Not true. I disagree. Women (when angry) hit men all the time these days and most men, as I said, just take it.
You were talking about male on female violence though, basically saying women bring it upon themselves with your nonsense about MANORS.

Do you hang around a lot of couples where you are witnessing women hit men all of the time?

Old 01-05-2013, 04:14 PM

I try not to hang around people that hit each other all of the time. I do know one woman who had a femur fracture courtesy of her husband though.

Do you hang around people that hit each other all of the time? How are you so certain of your contradictory assertions...do you regularly hang around people that behave like guests from the Springer show.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
I try not to hang around people that hit each other all of the time. I do know one woman who had a femur fracture courtesy of her husband though.

Do you hang around people that hit each other all of the time? How are you so certain of your contradictory assertions...do you regularly hang around people that behave like guests from the Springer show.
Huh...this response was to calicali's most recent post...which looks like it disappeared now?

Old 01-05-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I know horror stories in both genders, including one where a woman was cheated on by her husband, they got divorced and she had to pay him alimony!
Ok, I will play along. Yes, there are female horror stories. I don't deny this. However, the major difference is that when you have one broke divorced woman, and on the other hand, a broke divorced man, the female still has the upper hand and she can still have a bright future ahead because a broke divorced woman is still highly desirable by the opposite sex where as a broke divorced man is not.

In other words, being broke, paying alimony, and the status of "divorced" does not count as a major strike against women like it does for a man.

Plain and simple, a broke divorced man is not getting a date (other then with his mom) to save his life where as a broke divorced woman still has OPTIONS such as moving in with a boyfriend who will take care of her or get married again because she does not have to bring anything other then herself to the table. This is why women are so quick to initiate divorce, they know they can quickly find another man with ease.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 PM

507 posts, read 512,856 times
To be honest I think many men don't feel there is really any incentive to getting married anymore (and I could say that goes for a lot of women as well). On the other hand, when people do things behind backwards, I find the man gets comfortable and lazy. He doesn't need ultimatums or reminders, because he has already made up his mind. He isn't going to marry you (and it could just be you). It never fails the woman who was willing to wait, play house, and go along for the ride (while in cruise control) for several years gets left behind. Up comes the new chick and less than a matter of time she has a ring on her finger with no demands, ultimatums, or reminders

Marriage doesn't ring as true as it used to for some people. They have relegated marriage certificates to "little pieces of paper" instead of what it really means in the eyes of the law and some in cases the Lord. I do believe most men would be just fine without getting married, but I do wonder why do men question the point of marriage, then turn around and get married

Always made me curious

Old 01-05-2013, 04:35 PM

344 posts, read 394,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
The one where, the woman never has to overly remind him ''Where is this going'', put ultimatums nor has to break up first to then get him to change his mind and go after her with the ring.

The one that does it because he wants it too, out of his free will. I've been hearing more stories on another forums at 3 more women having the same problem. They are stuck with someone that at first was on the same page, they made the mistake of living together and suddenly they become another ''forever live-in gf''.

I believe that if I had to nag a man to fully commit to me, then it's not worth my time because if he then gives in, I wouldn't feel it's an honest and sincere proposal. But it's like that's the case most of times: he has to be reminded in order for it to happen.

Those stories sometimes make me lose hope. Though I'm not interested in kids, I still one day want a true, sincere proposal...not one where I had to nag to get it (childfree marriage is what I'm looking for). I don't like begging to get something but I wouldn't like waiting endless years either.

BTW I just posted my a recent picture of me in Christmas. I haven't gotten hit on that much in my younger years and only been in one relationship (now I'm 25). I think I'm just average in looks. Can this play a role in not finding the one yet??
I think you find a happy living arrangement with your significant other and hold onto it just as it is. I just watched the movie He's Just Not Into You, and apparently my thinking is not the same thinking as the movie's scriptwriter. In the movie, one of the women was in a happy 7 year relationship with a guy, but then after talking to some of her girlfriends, she became upset that he was apparently never going to marry her. She ended up breaking it off. I found the attitude sort of annoying. Why end something that is working just because it doesn't conform to society? If kids are [potentially] involved, then it might be different. But aside from that factor, why feel it necessary to follow customs just to be like everyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships