Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yep, exactly. I have always been driven to be successful and it has scared men off. When I then mention my masters degree or my computer certifications (I work in a computer based field)many men decide they don't want to date me. Meanwhile I know several air head bimbos with job aspirations who are married to men and never struggled to date.
This is interesting. This is exactly what Jet Jockey said. Who are these guys? Do they have advanced degrees, too? Why are some guys so threatened by brainy women? Someone should start a thread on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
This is laughable.^ The money that women earn is usually spent only on themselves, where as the money that the husband makes is used to support his wife along with taking care of himself.

As a matter of fact, some men make so much more money then their wives that the 2nd income the woman brings to the table is insignificant. Like me giving a dollar to a millionaire.

As far as sex and "chef services". A large percentage of married men live in sexless marriages. Just talk to any sex worker, most of their clients are MARRIED MEN.. And the "chef services", western women have lost the art of real cooking. Do they still know how to boil water?
It's quite doubtful that the wife's earnings usually are spent on her unless the guy has enough to money to support them and any child(ren) they have and I don't think most guys can afford such on middle class salary.

Care to provide statistics on that large percentage of married men living in sexless marriages as other the studies I've read stated showed married guys not only have more sex than single guys they also have more varied sex (possibly due to trying to spice up the marriage). One notable study was the 2010 by the Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana University which stated between the ages of 25 and 59, 25 percent of married people reported that they were still having sex two to three times per week versus less than five percent of singles. Perhaps it's more of a perception of being in a sexless marriage as I've known quite a lot of married guys who label their marriages sexless because they don't have sex on his demand such as he wants it every day and she's only in the mood 4 or 5 times a week.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:33 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Perhaps it's more of a perception of being in a sexless marriage as I've known quite a lot of married guys who label their marriages sexless because they don't have sex on his demand such as he wants it every day and she's only in the mood 4 or 5 times a week.

4 or 5 times a week sounds pretty good to me! That's 4 or 5 times more a week than i'm getting.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
4 or 5 times a week sounds pretty good to me! That's 4 or 5 times more a week than i'm getting.
You could be getting that if you paid prostitutes, sought foreign gals, or mail order brides. Though prostitutes would probably be better as you seem to have some bitter misogynistic tendencies and a desire to take away a gal's right to say no.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
You could be getting that if you paid prostitutes, sought foreign gals, or mail order brides. Though prostitutes would probably be better as you seem to have some bitter misogynistic tendencies and a desire to take away a gal's right to say no.
Thanks for the ideas... i'm definitely working on those options you have been suggesting. I'm trying to get some money saved up for either prostitutes or to go overseas and find someone.

But I'm just saying, are guys really complaining about "only" getting 5 nights a week? I concur with these guys that married couples have an obligation to try and keep each other satisfied... but 5 nights a week is pretty good i'd say!

Old 01-07-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
4 or 5 times/wk. would sound good to a lot of guys. That's hardly a "sexless" marriage, that was pixie's point. Please don't make this thread about you.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
4 or 5 times/wk. would sound good to a lot of guys. That's hardly a "sexless" marriage, that was pixie's point. Please don't make this thread about you.
Um hello, I was agreeing with her. She brought up all the stuff about prostitutes and mail-order brides. I wasn't trying to make the thread about me. Sheesh.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
i kind of prefer testimonials like this and Jet Jockey's--first-hand experience from the trenches. It lends an immediacy to the discussion, and is much more interesting reading than some dry article or sheet of statistics. On the other hand, "data" do have their place.

Sorry to hear this happened to you, IDDY. Thx for posting.
I had heard stories from other female coworkers about this (including ironically someone who worked in HR)but didn't believe it at first because of the laws. Then when I saw it, heard nasty comments about working women and saw how they did it I was astounded. One of my coworkers started the same time as a male coworker in the exact same job title yet was paid less. She asked why and they said because she was formerly a secretary and he was a janitor. Not sure why this makes a difference. My male coworkers would often give me secretarial jobs (though our department had a secretary)when she wasn't there because they couldn't be bothered, like counting pencils. Then when I did the database I found out that in 2005 they promoted 50 people to upper management and 38 were white men, 8 were black men, 2 were black women and two were white woman and these women all had longer employment dates than all of the white men.

Working here for 2 1/2 years was pure torture because upper management abused me big time and when I found out about the pay inequality they made it unbearable.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
That's 4 or 5 times more a week than i'm getting.
Who is that part about?

Old 01-07-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I had heard stories from other female coworkers about this (including ironically someone who worked in HR)but didn't believe it at first because of the laws. Then when I saw it, heard nasty comments about working women and saw how they did it I was astounded. One of my coworkers started the same time as a male coworker in the exact same job title yet was paid less. She asked why and they said because she was formerly a secretary and he was a janitor. Not sure why this makes a difference. My male coworkers would often give me secretarial jobs (though our department had a secretary)when she wasn't there because they couldn't be bothered, like counting pencils. Then when I did the database I found out that in 2005 they promoted 50 people to upper management and 38 were white men, 8 were black men, 2 were black women and two were white woman and these women all had longer employment dates than all of the white men.

Working here for 2 1/2 years was pure torture because upper management abused me big time and when I found out about the pay inequality they made it unbearable.
Eww... sorry to hear that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships