Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 03:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,874,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Why can't men and woman cook together ?
Not a bad idea at all. Much better than expecting just the women to cook. I would dump a man who expected me to cook for him while he never cooked for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 03:08 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,591,470 times
It's a dealbreaker.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,874,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
That's not what he said, either. It's pretty clear you have a healthy dislike for men.
No I have a dislike for men who expect their wife to cook while they do not.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:13 PM

686 posts, read 1,228,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyloves View Post
Does it really bother y'all that much? Seriously, is food that big a deal?
There are so many other things that are important, cooking is not even in the Top 100 of things I would want a woman (or potential dating partner) to be able to do.

I am very particular about what I put in my body so it is not at all important if a woman is a good cook because I can feed myself. It may actually be a hinderance to her chances with me if she is a avid foodie or cook. I eat healthy and would only want a woman who also eats healthy. Most women who cook usually are not your run of the mill super fitness types that I prefer. If she's a baker who makes cakes, cupcakes, pies, etc. then she is DEFINITELY not the woman for me.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:14 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,444,800 times
I have two young adult sons. When they were about in 7th grade, I taught them several household chores. 1) How to do laundry PROPERLY. Separate colors, how much soap, how to hang items that shouldnt go into the dryer etc. 2) How to cook basic recipes such as meatloaf, spaghetti sauce, salad, chicken soup, oatmeal and a great but easy desert. It didnt take them long to learn, they were happy to know how to feed themselves and do their laundry.

Their girlfriends have thanked me for teaching them the basics...they will never go hungry. I suggest Moms everywhere should teach their sons AND daughters the basics. It is part of their broad education and they will be grateful for the ability to care for themselves.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:22 PM

339 posts, read 379,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
No I have a dislike for men who expect their wife to cook while they do not.

But again, that's not what the post you responded to said...at all.

Just carry on responding to the perceived slights that aren't actually there, I won't bother you.

But seriously, you're bitter as h*ll.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:49 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,008,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
Personally I prefer to cook because a lot of guys prefer doing the 'out of box' or 'instant' stuff...and Im a 'made from scratch' country girl. And I dont substitute from the real thing. No diet stuff, no salt free, no instant rice, nothing instant... again, thats the country style in me...
You married? Lol To the thread, I started cooking myself a few years ago after my divorce. I make every thing from scratch. I imagine no one would be surprised that it started out badly and is still at best uneven. Still, I try and that's the thing. No matter how badly my food turns out someone tried, someone cared. I don't want to be with someone who doesn't care enough to put effort into what they do. I just don't.

So... As often seems to happen I'm going to have to be Mr Unpopular. It matters to me.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:08 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,349,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, I just got broken up with by a man whom I cooked for every single weekend. I cooked enough food to last him most of the week and even made up a few recipes that combined some of his favorite ingredients. I cooked nearly every night for the ex before that, and even his Mom said I was an excellent cook...didn't keep him from sticking around either.

So, obviously some men don't care.
No one ever claimed that cooking alone, is enough to keep a man interested in a relationship he deems unhealthy/fruitless. It is one of the qualities some of us seek in a spouse. I cant have my wife stuffing the kid(s) with crappy junk food from mcdonalds/taco bell etc just because i'm out of town or tied up at work; and she cant cook or is not patient enough to cook. Keep up the good work, you will soon run into a man that deserves and appreciates your kitchen skills...as well as the other qualities that make you the one for him

Old 01-13-2014, 04:34 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,286,535 times
In my book, a woman that cant cook and bake well is highly prized.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:39 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,783,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I would dump a man who expected me to cook for him while he never cooked for me.
Or vice versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships